PDA

View Full Version : The Eyes That Have Cried

Perianne
09-12-2016, 02:06 PM
"There are many things that can only be seen through eyes that have cried"

This is a quote from Oscar Romero, an archbishop of the Catholic church.

The quote was repeated on a TV show I watched this morning concerning the injustices blacks have suffered. In other words, if you haven't suffered like they have, you cannot understand.

It got me to thinking though that some unfortunate circumstances are brought on by the choices we make and the results are natural.

I have a very dear working buddy, let's call her "Joyce". She has a real penchant for "bad boys". The more tattoos, caps turned backwards, arrests, etc.....the better. She knows it is a weakness and she has asked me what is wrong with her.

Recently, she met a newly-released convict that she thought was cute. She started seeing him and he even moved in with her.

While she was at work one night, the convict got angry with her little five year-old boy and beat him up. The convict then fled. "Joyce" didn't discover the beating until she got home. The convict (her babysitter) was gone, leaving her two boys at home alone. "Joyce" found the bruised little boy and took him to the Emergency Room. Social Services, police....all got involved. The convict was later captured and arrested. They said, since he was on probation, he could get fifteen years for what he did to that little boy.

Anyway, "Joyce" was devastated. But her tears meant little to me. She had effectively made the choice to leave her little boy with a pit bull and the pit bull bit him. Yes, the pit bull should be put down, but the real fault belonged to the mom, who was supposed to look out for her little boy.

The choices we make in life can have devastating consequences. Not just for us, but also for the people we love.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2016, 04:35 PM
"There are many things that can only be seen through eyes that have cried"

This is a quote from Oscar Romero, an archbishop of the Catholic church.

The quote was repeated on a TV show I watched this morning concerning the injustices blacks have suffered. In other words, if you haven't suffered like they have, you cannot understand.

It got me to thinking though that some unfortunate circumstances are brought on by the choices we make and the results are natural.

I have a very dear working buddy, let's call her "Joyce". She has a real penchant for "bad boys". The more tattoos, caps turned backwards, arrests, etc.....the better. She knows it is a weakness and she has asked me what is wrong with her.

Recently, she met a newly-released convict that she thought was cute. She started seeing him and he even moved in with her.

While she was at work one night, the convict got angry with her little five year-old boy and beat him up. The convict then fled. "Joyce" didn't discover the beating until she got home. The convict (her babysitter) was gone, leaving her two boys at home alone. "Joyce" found the bruised little boy and took him to the Emergency Room. Social Services, police....all got involved. The convict was later captured and arrested. They said, since he was on probation, he could get fifteen years for what he did to that little boy.

Anyway, "Joyce" was devastated. But her tears meant little to me. She had effectively made the choice to leave her little boy with a pit bull and the pit bull bit him. Yes, the pit bull should be put down, but the real fault belonged to the mom, who was supposed to look out for her little boy.

The choices we make in life can have devastating consequences. Not just for us, but also for the people we love.

In other words, if you haven't suffered like they have, you cannot understand.
I've encountered that argument and I always reply by asking------ just who is this --"they" ??
Slavery ended over 150 years ago in this nation--so no black person or their father/mother alive today was ever a slave......
Unless in their 90's none are alive now that are a grandchildren of a slaves--math does not lie..
So we are to beheld account for and try to pay great grandchildren for a debt that some of our great grandfathers may have been a party to.
So with that INSANE LOGIC we'd have to pay the chinese immigrants , Irish, and NATIVE AMERICANS a COUPLE TRILLION...

WHER THE HELL WOULD IT STOP??
Libs are by and large ffing morons--that are always willing to spend other people's money to advance their utter stupidity and careers .

I owe those that have sacrificed, died , were injured and honorably served this country as soldiers/military but not these MILLIONS OF BLACKS that have already milked trillions in our tax dollars over the last 50+ years!--
To helL with them says I....Tyr