PDA

View Full Version : Who's Online - Activity Stream

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Anyone use either of them, which I know a BUNCH of you do? And here's how it appears, the online part:

http://i.imgur.com/MhZNu7O.jpg

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Some, like Revelarts, might have you believe this is the NSA spying if I say "I saw you reading blah blah blah..." and he thinks I'm abusing my authority. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but a ton of folks here sit on "Who's online" or use "Activity Stream".

http://www.debatepolicy.com/online.php

http://www.debatepolicy.com/activity.php

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 05:57 PM
And I'm a scumbag because I was able to see what someone was doing via the who's online.

I don't know who all has access, but I know at a minimum that those who donated have full access. It's not something only admins can do. I ALWAYS place myself on that page, as it reloads every 60 seconds and keeps me from being auto logged out of the board.

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 05:59 PM
hjmick Perianne

I know I've seen you 2 use this before, the online...

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 06:01 PM
And Rev, this is on top of you publicly stating yesterday that we are running people off the board, and it was because they wouldn't go along with Trump. That was 99.99% false too. The list of people you claim turns out to be almost entirely wrong. ONE person left, of his OWN choosing and even announced it. Not sure why you invent things, instead of asking first and learning the FACTS.

revelarts
09-13-2016, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure why you decided to go public with this but OK.
since you made it public ..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jimnyc
You don't want to say so publicly - who are the members that have been run off here due to Trump issues or whatever it is you stated. Or even run off from here at all? As you know, I try and remain in contact with folks, and then check in if they aren't posting or what not. Unless someone is feeding you BS, I can't think of these members you speak of. But I'll wait to hear what you say.

well could be wrong but I think DragonStrike left because of the flax in general and the final straws were trump related.
And Tailfins, even though maybe few might miss him, It seemed to me that Trump strife was again the last straw.
It seems like there are more but maybe it's just the sense i get that the only people left on the board are Trump supporters except Kath Fj, Noir and myself. Gabby doesn't even show up much anymore it seems.
maybe it's been over a longer time than i thought but Marcus Ariluis is gone, Avatar4321, and Nukeman have been MIA in the recent past.
not to mention loggroller
I think that leaves a big hole in the TYPE of conservatives here.
The face and tone the board looks much different without them.
I've probably overstated the Trump effect in that regard.
that was my reply.
but while i was in the midst of replying Jim sent me this.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jimnyc
I'm watching you go through various profiles and what not. You're out there flippantly announcing that folks are being ran off, and ran off by Trump supporters - but you don't even know who?
I thank you for continuing to search. I'm not saying you're lying. But if there were folks being ran off, I would have thought it more popular and easier to find. What happened, be specific, maybe I'll recall what happened?
Quite frankly though, I simply don't believe it's happened.
[/
QUOTE]
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by revelarts
be nice if you'd just let me reply rather than spying on my actions jim.
thanks
I'm not the NSA and it's not "spying". There are various ways to sit back and watch the board "live". Whether that be via "Who's online" which keeps you from being automatically logged off, or via the activity stream. Not my fault that it shows what everyone is currently up to. But also hardly means I'm spying.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by revelarts
Jim, sorry i have to call BS on this one.
whatever you want to call it Jim you were watching what i was doing. "...I'm watching you..."
What word do you use for someone who watches other people without their knowledge Jim?
And it IS your fault that you were "watching" what a member is doing as he replies to a question you asked.
Plus all can i see in the "active stream" is when people actually POST not where they are on the board or what or that they are searching.
So yeah, it's not just some random coincidence.

oh i just happened to see... it not my fault the tech made me do it..
sorry BS.

as an admin you have access to tools that others don't have. And as far a i can tell you used them here.
Is there a way to for you see what a person types as they type a post as well Jim?
Seems you implied that before. Commenting on one occasion how long it took me write something. How would you know that? Is that in "various profiles" everyone on the broad has access to as well? I guess you weren't spying then either.
I'm not a IT guy i have no idea. But you admitted that you SAW ME looking around.
That's not an normal 'activity stream' or 'who's online' function. I have no idea what else you can do.
Do you read my PMs to others as you happen to watch my various profiles?
Do i have access to your activities so i can watch you go from thread to thread, and other areas, and watch how long it takes you to reply?

Jim what you did was scumbaggery, 1st ...watching me... then assuming my answer based on "not spying" on me before i can even reply.
And now denying it.

It's not right Jim
But hey it's you're board do what you like.

Ask hjmick for example, who I know LIVES on the "who's online" when here. Just go here, as anyone and everyone CAN and DOES do it:
http://www.debatepolicy.com/online.php
Many others view the "Activity Stream" from the link at the top of the board, which allows you to watch posts/threads come in "live"
http://www.debatepolicy.com/activity.php
The who's online shows EXACTLY what a member is doing, what they're searching for, what they may be viewing, if they're sending a PM.
These are FACTS. Go ahead and start a thread if you don't believe me. I don't like being accused as it sounds. In fact, I'll start one in a few myself...

well folks I was not aware of these features but it seems to the bulk of my accusations stand.

watching me as i reply and assuming my response based on what he's watched me do is scum baggery.
But maybe it's good broad Etiquette by others people's standards.

SaveSaveSaveSave

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 06:48 PM
well folks I was not aware of these features but it seems to the bulk of my accusations stand.

watching me as i reply and assuming my response based on what he's watched me do is scum baggery.
But maybe it's good broad educate by others people's standards.

SaveSaveSaveSave

Your accusations don't stand for shit. One person left voluntarily, so your accusations there were for shit. Sitting on the "who's online" page is typical, and not some NSA spying BS you want to run with. But whatever, kindly go fuck yourself. I don't care what you think or believe anymore. You want to start issues again is all you want to do, and as usual, you were wrong! MANY members here sit on the who's online page. I have to continually correct you when you show everyone just how stupid you are. If you think me, or anyone else looking at the who's online page is "scumbaggery", well then tough shit on you. EVERY vbulletin board out there offers this, dumb fuck.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-13-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure why you decided to go public with this but OK.
since you made it public ..

that was my reply.
but while i was in the midst of replying Jim sent me this.

But maybe it's good broad Etiquette by others people's standards.

SaveSaveSaveSave

Rev. you barking at the moon.
There is no spying or negative connotations to this IMHO..
IF SO WHY WOULD JIM BRING IT OUT INTO THE OPEN.

ACTIVITY STREAM = NO PROBLEM...

SOMETIMES YOU AMAZE ME WITH YOUR WRONG PATHS YOU LAUNCH YOURSELF ON.
CHILL AMIGO..

WERE IT BAD, I'D BE THE FIRST TO SCREAM ABOUT IT MY FRIEND..-TYR

Noir
09-13-2016, 07:25 PM
This is all kinda weird, i think it pretty weird with someone messaging 'I saw was you were looking at' regardless of how vague or accessible that information is, just seems an odd thing to bring up.

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 07:30 PM
This is all kinda weird, i think it pretty weird with someone messaging 'I saw was you were looking at' regardless of how vague or accessible that information is, just seems an odd thing to bring up.

It wasn't odd and out of the blue - it was after a public accusation about various members being ran off the board - and if I'm sitting on "who's online", it's quite easy to "watch" someone open up many profiles and many threads.

I know YOU sometimes use the who's online page as well, MANY members here sit on that page, for whatever their various reasons are.

aboutime
09-13-2016, 07:32 PM
And Rev, this is on top of you publicly stating yesterday that we are running people off the board, and it was because they wouldn't go along with Trump. That was 99.99% false too. The list of people you claim turns out to be almost entirely wrong. ONE person left, of his OWN choosing and even announced it. Not sure why you invent things, instead of asking first and learning the FACTS.

jim. Forgive me for butting in here, but it seems...whenever someone doesn't have something to occupy their SLOW time, or they feel Miserable for some reason. There is soon some kind of complaint, or whining that takes place simply to GET ATTENTION.

Seems that is the case here. If people haven't got something to complain about RIGHT THIS MINUTE. They find some reason to get the attention of others....just to keep them from feeling LEFT OUT.

It's kinda like going back to PRE-SCHOOL, or Kindergarten, and listening to the kiddies crying about why "Bobby took my crayon!" or "Teacher, Teacher....Jane pinched me on my Hiney!"

jimnyc
09-13-2016, 07:37 PM
jim. Forgive me for butting in here, but it seems...whenever someone doesn't have something to occupy their SLOW time, or they feel Miserable for some reason. There is soon some kind of complaint, or whining that takes place simply to GET ATTENTION.

Seems that is the case here. If people haven't got something to complain about RIGHT THIS MINUTE. They find some reason to get the attention of others....just to keep them from feeling LEFT OUT.

It's kinda like going back to PRE-SCHOOL, or Kindergarten, and listening to the kiddies crying about why "Bobby took my crayon!" or "Teacher, Teacher....Jane pinched me on my Hiney!"

Yup. Started with claims of some of us running off members that didn't jump on the Trump Train. Let's put it this way - apparently even Nukeman is one of them!! First off, he posted not that long ago. He's also a staff member. So see how BS gets around or gets started? And now I'm like the NSA because I sat on who's online and saw the various BS he tried to bring up, and failed.

aboutime
09-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Yup. Started with claims of some of us running off members that didn't jump on the Trump Train. Let's put it this way - apparently even Nukeman is one of them!! First off, he posted not that long ago. He's also a staff member. So see how BS gets around or gets started? And now I'm like the NSA because I sat on who's online and saw the various BS he tried to bring up, and failed.

Jim. Eventually, as most of us already know. When liars finally get caught...they always find reasons to Blame Others....like YOU for daring to expose them for who they really are.

REMEMBER...as Preparation-Hillary said on Friday...'WE ARE ALL DEPLORABLE!':laugh:
Combined with being called a Home Grown Racist, and Terrorist by Obama. I am proud of my being who I am...unafraid to tell the Terrible Truth the Liberals always deny.

hjmick
09-13-2016, 08:49 PM
@hjmick (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=208) @Perianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2722)

I know I've seen you 2 use this before, the online...

I use it when I have the board open and I've read or marked read the threads. If you leave on that page it will refresh automatically and you can see when there's been a new post.

hjmick
09-13-2016, 08:54 PM
And I'm a scumbag because I was able to see what someone was doing via the who's online.

That's not why you're a scumbag...

:lmao:

NightTrain
09-13-2016, 09:09 PM
I idle on "Who's Online" all the time. Usually I'll have my DP tab on Who's Online and then surf on other tabs, email, work, even play games.

It's just a tool to see at a glance what's going on, and a very handy function to see what the bots are doing - that time that we had several thousand online at once made that tool indispensable.

It's also handy if you're expecting a reply in a thread that you're engaged in a debate in. If I'm waiting for a response, it tells me who is replying to that thread and I know I can see it shortly.

There's nothing nefarious with that function.

Perianne
09-13-2016, 09:11 PM
I don't regularly use that page, but I know it is there. It is on every forum I have ever seen.

Anyway, I went to see "Sully". See what happens when the Perianne is away? lol

gabosaurus
09-13-2016, 10:24 PM

Sorry Jim, but you DO run people off the board. Not because of the activity stream, which never bothered me. And not the Trump lunacy, though it does ramp up the civil discourse that currently exists.
It's because you, as administrator, refuse to tone down the egregious personal attacks that assail anyone who dares offer a dissenting viewpoint on pretty much anything posted by the far-right majority. Which currently centers around the Trump campaign.

Why should anyone bother to offer a contrary viewpoint when they know they are going to get slammed with personal insults by the butt buddy squad. Several years ago, the administrator of this board banned his own brother for engaging in this kind of conduct. Now it is not only accepted, but a regular practice of such admin.

DP is a far-right conservative board that does not tolerate liberals. So why should I post here?
When the board administrator openly asks members not to reply to my posts because I am a "troll," that is a good time to exit. That is when you are no longer welcome and should stop wasting time on a useless endeavor.

Speaking of former DP regulars who no longer show up, what happened to that guy Jeff? Did he convert to Islam and move into the local Muslim enclave?
Look at DP now compared to a few years back. About 80 percent of the posts are made by a half-dozen or so members. That is when you know that your board is starting to die.

Perianne
09-13-2016, 10:33 PM
It's good to see you, gabosaurus

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 04:28 AM
Sorry Jim, but you DO run people off the board. Not because of the activity stream, which never bothered me. And not the Trump lunacy, though it does ramp up the civil discourse that currently exists.
It's because you, as administrator, refuse to tone down the egregious personal attacks that assail anyone who dares offer a dissenting viewpoint on pretty much anything posted by the far-right majority. Which currently centers around the Trump campaign.

Why should anyone bother to offer a contrary viewpoint when they know they are going to get slammed with personal insults by the butt buddy squad. Several years ago, the administrator of this board banned his own brother for engaging in this kind of conduct. Now it is not only accepted, but a regular practice of such admin.

DP is a far-right conservative board that does not tolerate liberals. So why should I post here?
When the board administrator openly asks members not to reply to my posts because I am a "troll," that is a good time to exit. That is when you are no longer welcome and should stop wasting time on a useless endeavor.

Speaking of former DP regulars who no longer show up, what happened to that guy Jeff? Did he convert to Islam and move into the local Muslim enclave?
Look at DP now compared to a few years back. About 80 percent of the posts are made by a half-dozen or so members. That is when you know that your board is starting to die.

You ARE a troll. And adios if you feel that's a good time to exit. I'd rather see the place die than feel I need to suck up to idiots or hold hands. As usual, you come in when it's time to toss jabs - troll.

Drummond
09-14-2016, 06:18 AM

In my experience, liberals aren't 'run off of Conservative boards'. That's ridiculous. The truth, Gabby, is that liberals are given arguments that they cannot ultimately deal with .. so, they run themselves off.

I have experience of both Left wing and Right wing boards. I am not tolerated on Left wing boards .. not for long, anyway .. I was banned from one after a mere six week membership (though I'm surprised I lasted THAT long ..). At the other end of the scale, one Leftie who decided to 'chase' me on to a Right wing board and then try his luck there, found his arguments countered far better than he'd expected. He must've been regarded as one almighty pain by all concerned there, but NEVER was he banned, or given any nudge to leave. When he did 'leave', it was to begin a very long sulk .. one still ongoing, I believe. He remains a member ... but doesn't dare post there, in case - again - he gets trounced in his arguments once more.

You want to find intolerance to views that are deemed 'inconvenient' ? Join a Leftie board, then argue something the prevailing Left don't like, something that has the temerity to threaten to dent their propaganda. You'll find all the intolerance you carp on about as being supposedly 'here'.

As for the viewing of activity streams, by who(m)ever ... I couldn't care less who views where I am or what I'm doing. WHY would it bother me ??? This whole thing is a storm in a teacup, so far as I'm concerned.

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 11:40 AM
In my experience, liberals aren't 'run off of Conservative boards'. That's ridiculous. The truth, Gabby, is that liberals are given arguments that they cannot ultimately deal with .. so, they run themselves off.

I have experience of both Left wing and Right wing boards. I am not tolerated on Left wing boards .. not for long, anyway .. I was banned from one after a mere six week membership (though I'm surprised I lasted THAT long ..). At the other end of the scale, one Leftie who decided to 'chase' me on to a Right wing board and then try his luck there, found his arguments countered far better than he'd expected. He must've been regarded as one almighty pain by all concerned there, but NEVER was he banned, or given any nudge to leave. When he did 'leave', it was to begin a very long sulk .. one still ongoing, I believe. He remains a member ... but doesn't dare post there, in case - again - he gets trounced in his arguments once more.

You want to find intolerance to views that are deemed 'inconvenient' ? Join a Leftie board, then argue something the prevailing Left don't like, something that has the temerity to threaten to dent their propaganda. You'll find all the intolerance you carp on about as being supposedly 'here'.

As for the viewing of activity streams, by who(m)ever ... I couldn't care less who views where I am or what I'm doing. WHY would it bother me ??? This whole thing is a storm in a teacup, so far as I'm concerned.

She's full of shit as is the person who started this crap. Folks can use the ignore button and have other options. We have not moderated anyone. No one has been run off anywhere. She trolls, then expects folks to hold her hand so that she doesn't hear mean things in return. Like I said, if she doesn't like it, she can then exit.

Perianne
09-14-2016, 11:44 AM
I like opposing viewpoints as long as they are limited. Too many libs and the place will go to hell.

I haven't been around as long as many of you and had to put up with Gabby's "trolling". But for me, she is not the most annoying person on here. Not even close. Not EVEN close.

I sorta "get" her humor.

That is all I will say as Jim might "run me off the board". I am afraid of Jim. :)

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 11:46 AM
I like opposing viewpoints.

I haven't been around as long as many of you and had to put up with Gabby's "trolling". But for me, she is not the most annoying person on here. Not even close. Not EVEN close.

I sorta "get" her humor.

That is all I will say as Jim might "run me off the board". I am afraid of Jim. :)

I wouldn't even know how. Umm, ok, leave!! http://www.forumsig.org/images/smilies/new_extra/jesors-porte.gif

sundaydriver
09-14-2016, 12:34 PM
I close the curtains when I'm online. Jimminycreeper the peeper isn't that far away, why take chances. ;)

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 12:47 PM
I close the curtains when I'm online. Jimminycreeper the peeper isn't that far away, why take chances. ;)

Too late though, brutha! I had already made a database ALL about you before you learned how to secure your typing!! :lol:

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Jimminycreeper

I just noticed this as I was replying. You filthy bastard!! And maybe not in those exact words, you wouldn't be the first to say that to me! :slap:

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Just had to run downstairs and do a few things. I left myself on the who's online page so as not to get logged out. I didn't get logged out. It worked!!! :rolleyes:

I think one day last week I had used the hjmick to get the bastards attention in a thread while he was online. Then I went to the view who's online and waited for him to view that thread. I think he viewed a few others first and I was like "WTF?"

Maybe my new nickname can be "McCreepy"?

I did a search on Yahoo for the word "creepy" and the first image to come back is this one. That's awesome, ain't it hjmick ? :coffee:

https://i.imgur.com/iwXYScF.jpg

hjmick
09-14-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't come right away when my wife calls, why should I grant to you what I deny my wife?

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 02:47 PM
I don't come right away when my wife calls, why should I grant to you what I deny my wife?

I can't say much about that!

You know what would be funny, which REALLY exists - there's an addon that you can install, where I can then create a thread/post, and then members cannot do ANYTHING until they first go and read that thread or post. I could finally get all of the attention I deserve!! :thanks:

hjmick
09-14-2016, 02:50 PM
I can't say much about that!

You know what would be funny, which REALLY exists - there's an addon that you can install, where I can then create a thread/post, and then members cannot do ANYTHING until they first go and read that thread or post. I could finally get all of the attention I deserve!! :thanks:

I double dog dare you...

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 03:01 PM

I double dog dare you...

I think it's retarded to talk about "being ran off", as if folks are too lazy to use the ignore button, or have to hightail it out of here to avoid the nightmares from disagreement. I don't think folks here are that weak that they are controlled by someone else disagreeing with them, or calling them a name and they are confused and unable to use the ignore button - they would rather leave and then blame the person who called them a name, and blame the board for not stepping in and holding their hands.

But IF there was really a way to run folks off - forcing them to read my drivel all the time like that would surely do it!! :beer:

hjmick
09-14-2016, 03:19 PM
I think it's retarded to talk about "being ran off"...

Especially when one stops to consider that the verb "ran" is the wrong tense, it should be "run".

Could have gone with "runned" I guess...

I just saw the by gabs...

Look people, here's the fucking deal... I'm going to give it to you straight... Ready...? Here we go...

THIS FUCKING SHIT ISN"T REAL! MOST OF US WILL NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER MEET ONE ANOTHER!

Ostensibly we are all adults here, if not mentally certainly chronologically. As adults you should be able to handle your shit and you should be able to separate this cyber shit from reality. for the most part, we are all strangers to one another. Anonymous. If your sense of worth, your self esteem, your sense of well being and comfort can be upset by what is typed by some anonymous dipshit on an obscure (sorry Jim) message board in some far flung corner of the Internet, then I have some advice for you... Four words...

GET THE FUCK OUT!

Seriously, log off, turn off your computer and throw it in the trash. The Internet is not for you. Get the fuck out and never come back.

Fucking babies...

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Especially when one stops to consider that the verb "ran" is the wrong tense, it should be "run".

Could have gone with "runned" I guess...

I just saw the by gabs...

Look people, here's the fucking deal... I'm going to give it to you straight... Ready...? Here we go...

THIS FUCKING SHIT ISN"T REAL! MOST OF US WILL NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER MEET ONE ANOTHER!

Ostensibly we are all adults here, if not mentally certainly chronologically. As adults you should be able to handle your shit and you should be able to separate this cyber shit from reality. for the most part, we are all strangers to one another. Anonymous. If your sense of worth, your self esteem, your sense of well being and comfort can be upset by what is typed by some anonymous dipshit on an obscure (sorry Jim) message board in some far flung corner of the Internet, then I have some advice for you... Four words...

GET THE FUCK OUT!

Seriously, log off, turn off your computer and throw it in the trash. The Internet is not for you. Get the fuck out and never come back.

Fucking babies...

That's the most awesome post I have read in the past few hours!! :laugh: You rule! But to add, one can always try the ignore feature before getting the fuck out if they want. Some say it actually works!! :)

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Went to turn on the stove. Came back and started spying, and I found that HJ was already spying on me. What a scumbaggery thing to do!! :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/WHz7PM0.jpg

hjmick
09-14-2016, 04:23 PM
I've been accused of and called worse...

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 04:28 PM
I've been accused of and called worse...

Not from me. I love you man!! :)

hjmick
09-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Not from me. I love you man!! :)

Back atchya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNpIPqNj_NU

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 04:36 PM
Online awkward hugs!! :wraparms:

Drummond
09-14-2016, 06:12 PM
I like opposing viewpoints as long as they are limited. Too many libs and the place will go to hell.

I sorta "get" her humor.

I certainly agree with those first two sentences. Back in 2008 (- I think it was then -), I was posting on another forum ...and, at the start of election year, very suddenly, the place became swamped with lib trolls. Real attacking stuff, some extremely nasty .. like, the lady who's father had just died, and made the mistake of announcing it publicly. She was subjected to 'hate mail' trolling, one disparaging her in the guise of her dead father's ghost.

I know from that just how disgustingly vile the Left can be, when they feel like it, and that example notched up my hatred of the Left yet that little bit more. Yes, it was a Conservative board, so, yes, it was so flooded with Lefties that decent conversations became nearly impossible. Many long-time members, good Conservatives, left it (as did I) .. because of a LACK of critical Admin intervention. Sometimes, you just have to have strong policing of boards where serious contention arises of a type that breaks rules, or is overly disruptive of debate.

Even Gabby's a pussycat compared to the trash I had dealings with on that other board (.. believe it or not ..).

Drummond
09-14-2016, 06:20 PM
That's the most awesome post I have read in the past few hours!! :laugh: You rule! But to add, one can always try the ignore feature before getting the fuck out if they want. Some say it actually works!! :)

Seconded ! The ignore feature will never be one I'll feel good about using, but it undoubtedly does work. When it's needed ..

Said1
09-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Anyone use either of them, which I know a BUNCH of you do? And here's how it appears, the online part:

http://i.imgur.com/MhZNu7O.jpg

I love that feature. I hate when boards don't have it.