PDA

View Full Version : American trust in news media falls to lowest level in history

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 04:20 PM
Does this really surprise anyone? Just yesterday CBS "altered" an interview with Bill Clinton to remove ONE word - and then they claimed it wasn't about politics, but to edit for time? WTF? But this and so many other reasons are why the US media is crap anymore.

-----

A major pollster has some stark news: “Americans’ trust and confidence in the mass media ‘to report the news fully, accurately and fairly’ has dropped to its lowest level in Gallup polling history, with 32 percent saying they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the media. This is down eight percentage points from last year,” writes Art Swift, an analyst for the Gallup poll, which first asked the nation to weigh in on the press in 1972.

“Over the history of the entire trend, Americans’ trust and confidence hit its highest point in 1976, at 72 percent, in the wake of widely lauded examples of investigative journalism regarding Vietnam and the Watergate scandal,” Mr. Swift said.

The sentiment has fallen slowly and steadily, and has consistently been below a majority level since 2007.

“Republicans who say they have trust in the media has plummeted to 14 percent from 32% a year ago. This is easily the lowest confidence among Republicans in 20 years,” the analyst noted.

Among Democrats, the number is 51 percent, among independents, it is 30 percent.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/14/gallup-poll-american-trust-in-news-media-falls-to-/

pete311
09-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Doesn't surprise me when you start posting junk like TheBlaze.

hjmick
09-14-2016, 04:25 PM
It surprises me.

I didn't think public opinion of the media could go any lower...

Perianne
09-14-2016, 04:26 PM
The liberal media are in that group of 1/4 - 1/2 I talked about earlier.

hjmick
09-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Doesn't surprise me when you start posting junk like TheBlaze.

Or Huffington Post...

Or The Daily Kos...

Or Talking Points Memo...

pete311
09-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Or Huffington Post...

Or The Daily Kos...

Or Talking Points Memo...

Anything that doesn't do actual journalism is rubbish

jimnyc
09-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Mike Huckabee Rips CBS Edit of Bill Clinton Remark on Hillary's Health

Mike Huckabee says CBS is embroiled in a "real scandal" for editing an interview with Bill Clinton that removed a reference to Hillary Clinton having "frequently" collapsed in the past.

"In an interview with CBS's Charlie Rose, Bill Clinton either made a slip of the tongue or let the cat out of the bag, depending on what you believe about his wife Hillary's health," the former Arkansas governor said Wednesday on his Facebook page.

"An unedited video shows that in trying to brush off her near-collapse at the 9/11 memorial, Bill said, 'Frequently — well not frequently, rarely — but on more than one occasion, over the last many, many years, the same sort of thing happened to her when she got severely dehydrated.'

"Yet when the interview aired, CBS had helpfully edited the first four words out of the tape, so it appeared that he never said she had 'frequently' collapsed in the past."

Huckabee, a former GOP presidential candidate who supports Donald Trump, said it is "entirely possible" that the former president "did simply misspeak."

"But the real scandal is how CBS was so willing to edit the tape to keep viewers from seeing the slip and deciding for themselves," Huckabee said.

"To illustrate the bias, if Melania Trump had been caught on tape saying that her husband 'frequently — no, I mean never — says racist things,"' do you think CBS would have edited that or run it 24/7?

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/huckabee-CBS-interview-hillary/2016/09/14/id/748243/

Kathianne
09-14-2016, 05:52 PM
I don't agree with Huckabee on much, but do agree with him about this. The network that brought us Dan Rather. Beyond misleading.

Bilgerat
09-14-2016, 06:18 PM
Anyone who watches the lap dog media should be able to see the bias.

They discuss the Hildabeast, you only see her

They discuss Trump, the Hildabeast makes an appearance shortly into that story.

And don't get me started on MSNBC :death::death:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Mike Huckabee Rips CBS Edit of Bill Clinton Remark on Hillary's Health

Mike Huckabee says CBS is embroiled in a "real scandal" for editing an interview with Bill Clinton that removed a reference to Hillary Clinton having "frequently" collapsed in the past.

"In an interview with CBS's Charlie Rose, Bill Clinton either made a slip of the tongue or let the cat out of the bag, depending on what you believe about his wife Hillary's health," the former Arkansas governor said Wednesday on his Facebook page.

"An unedited video shows that in trying to brush off her near-collapse at the 9/11 memorial, Bill said, 'Frequently — well not frequently, rarely — but on more than one occasion, over the last many, many years, the same sort of thing happened to her when she got severely dehydrated.'

"Yet when the interview aired, CBS had helpfully edited the first four words out of the tape, so it appeared that he never said she had 'frequently' collapsed in the past."

Huckabee, a former GOP presidential candidate who supports Donald Trump, said it is "entirely possible" that the former president "did simply misspeak."

"But the real scandal is how CBS was so willing to edit the tape to keep viewers from seeing the slip and deciding for themselves," Huckabee said.

"To illustrate the bias, if Melania Trump had been caught on tape saying that her husband 'frequently — no, I mean never — says racist things,"' do you think CBS would have edited that or run it 24/7?

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/huckabee-CBS-interview-hillary/2016/09/14/id/748243/

One of the few times bill spoke the truth.
He said frequently-- and that points to a serious health issue.
Reverse this onto Trump and the media would have make it a campaign killer!

CBS, SHOWED ITS A PROPAGANDA UNIT FOR THE DEM PARTY..
The bastards should be jailed for that crap imho..-Tyr

Abbey Marie
09-15-2016, 10:55 AM
I get the feeling that while Bill is a true Dem, he still secretly hopes that Hillary loses. I don't think those two like each other at all.

Elessar
09-15-2016, 12:41 PM
The broadcast media has been left-leaning since the 1960's.

The now presence of FOX scares the left so much that they have
to be underhanded with deletions, and misquotes.