PDA

View Full Version : Trump supports birth control without a prescription

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 01:57 PM
This I have a very serious problem with. I recall someone else in the past thinking it was a good idea to allow kids to be able to walk into a pharmacy and get birth control. If folks have such a hard time in getting prescriptions, then maybe they shouldn't be having unprotected sex! This is a shitty idea, which only gives folks an "out", another easier way of getting rid of a "responsibility".

I know he's trying to gain votes from women, but this is a shitty idea, nonetheless.

-----

Trump supports birth control without a prescription

Donald Trump says he believes women should be able to obtain birth control without a prescription.

Speaking on an episode of "The Dr. Oz Show" airing Thursday, the Republican nominee suggested that, for many women, obtaining a prescription can be challenging.

"I would say it should not be prescription," he told the audience, adding that many women "just aren't in a position to go get a prescription."

The comment comes days after Trump unveiled a plan aimed at making childcare more affordable for women and as he works to boost his poll numbers with women. Polls show women favoring Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, though Trump does better than her with men.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-birth-control-20160915-story.html

pete311
09-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Big deal, let people fuck, move on to real issues

Trigg
09-15-2016, 02:05 PM
I would disagree with this only because many women would skip there annual pap if a prescription wasn't needed. Cervical cancer and other issues are routinely diagnosed during exams.

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Big deal, let people fuck, move on to real issues

No one said they couldn't, of course they can!!

But DO NOT then demand "free" birth control. And if folks want to have sex, they certainly should have personal; responsibility. Don't expect taxpayers and others to pay for what many of them call a "mistake". DO NOT have children unless one is prepared for the expenses it carries. Otherwise, us a damn condom. And surely, if you cannot get to a doctor, cannot get birth control - then you surely shouldn't be having unprotected sex!

But this isn't saying that folks can't have sex. And the sex is a non-issue - but the demands for freebies IS a real issue, as is this crap in getting certain medications without a prescription.

pete311
09-15-2016, 02:10 PM
No one said they couldn't, of course they can!!

But DO NOT then demand "free" birth control.

Non-prescription doesn't equal free.

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Non-prescription doesn't equal free.

Pete, while not in this article, let's not be naive - many on the left have been crying for free birth control for a long time.

pete311
09-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Pete, while not in this article, let's not be naive - many on the left have been crying for free birth control for a long time.

I thought Trump was a republican. This is about Trump right?

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:20 PM
I thought Trump was a republican. This is about Trump right?

Hilarious. Every other thread about Trump and you and other lefties will compare Obama crap to Bush - will you admit that as much, or do I need to go and find links? I didn't think so. But I'll be sure to recall this the next time you say Bush or Trump when the discussion is about Trump or Obama.

But that's the type of answer one would expect when asking about Hillary's accomplishments. :laugh:

pete311
09-15-2016, 02:28 PM
Hilarious. Every other thread about Trump and you and other lefties will compare Obama crap to Bush - will you admit that as much, or do I need to go and find links? I didn't think so. But I'll be sure to recall this the next time you say Bush or Trump when the discussion is about Trump or Obama.

But that's the type of answer one would expect when asking about Hillary's accomplishments. :laugh:

Confused, what I am saying is if free birth control is a liberal idea and Trump is a republican, then what do you need to worry about? Trump is not promoting free bc.

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Confused, what I am saying is if free birth control is a liberal idea and Trump is a republican, then what do you need to worry about? Trump is not promoting free bc.

I was simply making a point, Pete - you said "let them fuck" or whatever. I presented why it simply wasn't that easy, and what those reasons are. I have an issue with the birth control stuff, and then of course it being free. I don't see that being so horridly off topic, or unrelated.

pete311
09-15-2016, 02:37 PM
I was simply making a point, Pete - you said "let them fuck" or whatever. I presented why it simply wasn't that easy, and what those reasons are. I have an issue with the birth control stuff, and then of course it being free. I don't see that being so horridly off topic, or unrelated.

The topic is about Trump and Trump is not endorsing a plan to make them free. What am I missing here?

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:48 PM
The topic is about Trump and Trump is not endorsing a plan to make them free. What am I missing here?

Then don't answer, isn't that simple enough? It's clear you want to avoid a topic instead of answering, but whatever.

Also, NO ONE said anything about letting or not letting anyone fuck. So why did YOU instantly bring things off topic. I guess I should have just ignored your posts from the moment you entered this thread.

Considering the left and the massive lack of personal responsibility, and their desire to have their lack of responsibility into government regulations or law - I probably would dodge discussing as much either, it's embarrassing!

pete311
09-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Then don't answer, isn't that simple enough? It's clear you want to avoid a topic instead of answering, but whatever.

Also, NO ONE said anything about letting or not letting anyone fuck. So why did YOU instantly bring things off topic. I guess I should have just ignored your posts from the moment you entered this thread.

Considering the left and the massive lack of personal responsibility, and their desire to have their lack of responsibility into government regulations or law - I probably would dodge discussing as much either, it's embarrassing!

Am I in the twilight zone?

You wrote

"But DO NOT then demand "free" birth control. And if folks want to have sex, they certainly should have personal; responsibility. Don't expect taxpayers and others to pay for what many of them call a "mistake".

Who is demanding "free" birth control? Your first post is about Trump's plan, who is not demanding "free" birth control. You said libs want free birth control. Trump is not a lib. So I'm trying to figure out what planet that comment is coming from taking your first post in account and you chew me out.

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 04:25 PM
Am I in the twilight zone?

You wrote

"But DO NOT then demand "free" birth control. And if folks want to have sex, they certainly should have personal; responsibility. Don't expect taxpayers and others to pay for what many of them call a "mistake".

Who is demanding "free" birth control? Your first post is about Trump's plan, who is not demanding "free" birth control. You said libs want free birth control. Trump is not a lib. So I'm trying to figure out what planet that comment is coming from taking your first post in account and you chew me out.

I added into the thread, about personal responsibility, since YOU made it seem as simple as 'just let them...". And if we "just let them..." - then - AS I THEN SAID - there should be personal responsibility AND it shouldn't be for free.

C'mon, Pete, you're purposely being obtuse. EVEN IF it were out of left field, you couldn't just A) address it or B) ignore it - it's YOU going on and on about it instead of choosing one of them. But if we want to sit back and "just let them fuck" - then my comments are spot on from that point. Unless you just want to be argumentative about WHY I made such a post, and continue on and on about it. :confused:

pete311
09-15-2016, 04:47 PM
I added into the thread, about personal responsibility, since YOU made it seem as simple as 'just let them...". And if we "just let them..." - then - AS I THEN SAID - there should be personal responsibility AND it shouldn't be for free.

C'mon, Pete, you're purposely being obtuse. EVEN IF it were out of left field, you couldn't just A) address it or B) ignore it - it's YOU going on and on about it instead of choosing one of them. But if we want to sit back and "just let them fuck" - then my comments are spot on from that point. Unless you just want to be argumentative about WHY I made such a post, and continue on and on about it. :confused:

I did address it because it appears you're insinuating that Trump is calling for free birth control.

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I did address it because it appears you're insinuating that Trump is calling for free birth control.

No, and if he did I would be even MORE angry about his position. Having a child shouldn't be an easy process, and folks need to have personal responsibility when it comes to parenting. Trump is calling for birth control without a prescription, and THEN in addition the calls will also come back to state it should be free. I disagree with both. I'm willing to listen when it comes to the birth control, as obviously I have no issue with condoms being out there. But hell, even that is too much to ask for from some, and then when "unplanned" babies are born, many of them can't afford anything, and now the government aka all of us pay for it.

Elessar
09-15-2016, 06:44 PM
Bizaare...someone on a loop again.

Why should it not be a choice? Are birth control pills free? Should they be?
If not, there are always condoms you can buy at a pharmacy or supermarket.

Silly argument....comes down to choice, either F*** or don't.

Trigg
09-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Trump isn't endorsing FREE birth control. He's saying there shouldn't be a NEED for a prescription.

Which I vehemently disagree with, from purely a health standpoint.

jimnyc
09-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Trump isn't endorsing FREE birth control. He's saying there shouldn't be a NEED for a prescription.

Which I vehemently disagree with, from purely a health standpoint.

That was me who brought that into the equation, stating that would be next - the usual liberals would then be calling for the FREE birth control as well.

Trigg
09-16-2016, 03:28 PM
That was me who brought that into the equation, stating that would be next - the usual liberals would then be calling for the FREE birth control as well.

they've already tried that at some colleges.

jimnyc
09-16-2016, 03:36 PM
they've already tried that at some colleges.

These folks should try and show everyone that they have even a sense of personal responsibility first, which most don't.

GravyBoat
09-16-2016, 05:32 PM
I think they should put birth control pills in all municipal water supplies and sterilize the entire country. Because there's too many people already, but the elites need more wage slaves, so they make birth control hard to get. Well, I say screw the elites, without us around as slaves, they'll all die. Hey, we're all going to die some day, so for me the thought of all those elites dying, I think it makes the extinction of my species worth it.