PDA

View Full Version : ‘transphobic’ controversial new film

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Interesting. Why suddenly is it not OK to have freedom of expression? Only OK when it's THEM doing so? TOUGH SHIT! I think it's funny, sounds like a horror movie, being turned into trash! LOL

Here comes another "phobia" though of course. :rolleyes:

-----

Michelle Rodriguez under fire for ‘transphobic’ controversial new film role in '(Re) Assignment'

Actress Michelle Rodriguez was looking for a creative new role — but instead she landed a controversial one.

The "Fast & Furious" star shared a snap of her donning a bushy beard for her latest role in the film "(Re)Assignment" — formerly known as "TomBoy A Revengers Tale" — and instantly received backlash on social media for being insensitive to the transgender community.

Rodriguez is starring in the B-film as a male assassin turned into a woman as punishment by an evil doctor played by Sigourney Weaver.

"F--k movies where being trans is contrived as "punishment" for characters who do bad s--t," one commenter wrote beneath her photo. "This is f--king nasty. Your way of kicking against the status quo is transphobia, which, surprise, is part of the status quo."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/michelle-rodriguez-fire-transphobic-new-film-role-article-1.2792910

Trigg
09-15-2016, 02:06 PM
I REALLY wish some people would look up the definition of phobia. :lame2:

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:07 PM
I REALLY wish some people would look up the definition of phobia. :lame2:

It used to be a reference to things people had a fear of. Now it's changed to anything in which you disagree with the left about. :(

Trigg
09-15-2016, 02:10 PM
It used to be a reference to things people had a fear of. Now it's changed to anything in which you disagree with the left about. :(

well then I guess I have libphobia :laugh:

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 02:34 PM
How nasty. Reminds me of when Cher's daughter first started on HER journey, the fat little bearded thing she is.

http://i.imgur.com/3qCDNd0.jpg