PDA

View Full Version : A Mob Of Yale Students Bully A Professor

jimnyc
09-15-2016, 04:16 PM
y now you’ve probably seen this video from last fall in which a Yale student screams at a professor, insisting that a college campus ought not be an intellectual space, but a space to make students feel safe and at home. Now, newly resurfaced videos show what happened just before the aforementioned altercation took place.

“You should not sleep at night!” a female student shrieks at Yale sociology professor Nicholas Christakis in that video which has since gone viral. “You’re disgusting!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEFD_JVYd0

To recap, her cries are in objection to an email Nicholas Christakis’s wife, Erika Christakis (who is also a professor at Yale), sent to the student body last fall in response to the administration’s insistence that students ought to avoid dressing up for Halloween in ways that could be “culturally unaware or insensitive.”

“Have we lost faith in young people’s capacity—in your capacity—to exercise self-censure, through social norming, and also in your capacity to ignore or reject things that trouble you?” Erika wrote. “What does this debate about Halloween costumes say about our view of young adults, of their strength and judgment? Whose business is it to control the forms of costumes of young people? It’s not mine, I know that.”

The email spurred a firestorm of outrage from the student body — particularly among minority students living and attending classes at Yale’s Silliman College where the Christakises served as “master” and “associate master,” a title for professors who reside at one of Yale’s colleges and are responsible for its academic and social life. The title has since been changed to “head of college” in the wake of last year’s protests, as many students thought the term was racist.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/15/watch-a-mob-of-yale-students-bully-a-professor-who-hurt-their-feelings/

Elessar
09-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Poor little girl.

Confusing at first but it seems it is too bad she enrolled there.
Can't see anything wrong with the colleges's decision.

More whining liberals.

aboutime
09-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Good thing I wasn't there in place of the professor. I would have just walked-away, or stood my ground to tell her. "She is disgusting, showing the disrespect as a demonstration more...for those standing around her, listening to her scream, swear, and prove how ignorant she actually is."