PDA

View Full Version : Trump Tricks Media into Covering Endorsement from Decorated Veteran

jimnyc
09-16-2016, 12:52 PM
‘We Got Played!’ CNN Reacts To Trump ‘Birther’ Troll Press Conference

Top CNN employees are frustrated. They breathlessly went live to Donald Trump’s news conference at his new hotel in Washington D.C., only to wait helplessly as veterans stood up to explain why they support Trump as commander-in-chief.

“It’s hard to imagine this as anything other than a political rick-roll,” anchor Jake Tapper said wryly as CNN cut away from the broadcast of the Trump event and asked him to comment.

The Trump campaign signaled that the Republican presidential nominee would address the birther controversy, but the first 20 minutes of the event featured veterans telling the media why they supported Trump.

CNN eventually cut away from the event – even as veterans continued to speak, as anchors griped that the event was not what they thought it was. But they were forced to return to Trump just minutes later as he made a short definitive statement that he believed that Obama was born in the United States.

“I really don’t quite know what to make of that except for that we got played again by the Trump campaign which is what they do,” said John King afterward, pointing out that Trump tricked them into covering a live event.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/16/got-played-cnn-reacts-trump-birther-troll/

jimnyc
09-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Awwww, the poor lying bastards are angry! LOL

-----

MEDIA MELTDOWN
Media Outraged After Trump Tricks Them Into Covering Endorsements From Military Heroes

WASHINGTON — The media showed up to the presidential ballroom of the new Trump International Hotel on Friday morning expecting Donald Trump to take questions about whether he still questions President Obama’s birthplace.

Instead, they got more than a half hour of a variety of military heroes — generals, medal of honor recipients and a gold star wife — expressing support for the Republican nominee. And it all aired live on the cable news networks.

Before the event, Trump tweeted: “I am now going to the brand new Trump International, Hotel D.C. for a major statement.” That was interpreted by the press to mean he was going to address “birther” questions.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/16/media-outraged-after-trump-tricks-them-to-cover-endorsements-from-military-heroes/#ixzz4KRcXWxVR

Russ
09-16-2016, 02:52 PM
Top CNN employees are frustrated. They breathlessly went live to Donald Trump’s news conference at his new hotel in Washington D.C., only to wait helplessly as veterans stood up to explain why they support Trump as commander-in-chief.

The Trump campaign signaled that the Republican presidential nominee would address the birther controversy, but the first 20 minutes of the event featured veterans telling the media why they supported Trump.

Lol! CNN got played like an old checkerboard. CNN is so stoopid...

aboutime
09-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Gotta love how Trump so easily plays the media he admits...are Liars, and Crooks.

The Donald OWNED CNN today, and they are running around like teenagers, squeezing their ZITS.:laugh:

Noir
09-17-2016, 04:35 AM
So I guess the way to prevent this in future events is that they won't 'cut to Trump' until he's taking to stage? Other than a punchline I don't see what Trump gets out of this.

NightTrain
09-17-2016, 09:13 AM
So I guess the way to prevent this in future events is that they won't 'cut to Trump' until he's taking to stage? Other than a punchline I don't see what Trump gets out of this.

He got millions worth of free airtime from a channel that would not give him the story he wanted - that he has the support of military veterans.

They were sure that he was going to dive into that stupid birther quagmire, so to scoop the other networks they went in broadcasting live. No way to spin it.

Brilliance!

Abbey Marie
09-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Perhaps this is indicative of how Trump can play nasty world leaders. Our current "leader" certainly cannot.

Kathianne
09-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Perhaps this is indicative of how Trump can play nasty world leaders. Our current "leader" certainly cannot.

You've missed him with the English, Israeli, Germans, Poles?