PDA

View Full Version : You know your wife really loves you when...

hjmick
09-18-2016, 11:19 AM
You're in Georgetown, SC eating lunch and she starts plucking shrimp off of your cocktail cup so she can finish removing the veins/poop chutes (missed by the kitchen staff) in the shrimp because she knows that shit grosses you out...

Damn kitchen staff...

jimnyc
09-18-2016, 11:23 AM
I just eat it all, too damn lazy to have to work on my food. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-18-2016, 12:09 PM
You're in Georgetown, SC eating lunch and she starts plucking shrimp off of your cocktail cup so she can finish removing the veins/poop chutes (missed by the kitchen staff) in the shrimp because she knows that shit grosses you out...

Damn kitchen staff...

Same here. I never eat that part myself.
My wife is amazed at the little things I find revolting, since I can wander out into the woods , slay an edible animal, field dress it(rip out the bloody guts, etc.) with no problem.
I tell her, when food is on my plate- supposedly "ready to eat", I have certain specific demands that must have already been met.
If not- then its gross and uneatable junk on that plate.
I am the same way about that shrimp.
Prefer mine with no head and no tail attached.
Riza makes sure that is the way it is if on my plate..-Tyr

aboutime
09-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Rule of thumb in our house for 47 years. Nothing from the water gets eaten without cooking, and nothing that LOOKS BACK AT YOU from a plate is FOOD!:laugh:

Bilgerat
09-18-2016, 01:07 PM
I just eat it all, too damn lazy to have to work on my food. :)

Yeah, I'm the same way

I'm from Maine, but I refuse to eat lobstah. Fished for it as a kid and had to eat it way to much (some times the boat owner paid off in bugs rather than buck)

Love me some sushi and sashimi, but don't see it too often here in Okeechobee (Cow Town north of the lake). The rednecks here eat their fish cooked to a crackly crunch.

Elessar
09-18-2016, 07:32 PM
I never favored eating bait, but shrimp is good every now and then.

So are sardines!

gabosaurus
09-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Rule at my house: If I had to cook it, you have to eat it. Or you don't eat.

No fish, or anything else that lives in the water. Nothing fried (health reasons). No fast food.

We eat animals. They are tasty.

Elessar
09-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Rule at my house: If I had to cook it, you have to eat it. Or you don't eat.

No fish, or anything else that lives in the water. Nothing fried (health reasons). No fast food.

We eat animals. They are tasty.

Welcome Back, Gabby!