PDA

View Full Version : George HW Bush 41 - voting for Hillary

jimnyc
09-20-2016, 07:22 PM
I've got all the respect in the world for this man, and I'm not going to lose it just because of who he chooses to vote for. I would like for someone to hold an intervention of sorts, but if that's not possible, so be it. :) I think it's a mixture of a serious dislike of Trump's politics, and the bad blood that's been with them since Trump went off on Jeb.

aboutime
09-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Like the rest of us. "41" has every right to vote for whomever he wants.

Doesn't change my feelings for him. I stood on the deck of the USS Nassau in the Persian Gulf, Thanksgiving day, 1990, and watched 41 with Barbara visit us for that day.
Because he feels like he does now, doesn't make him less of the man I saw, and admired then.

Perianne
09-20-2016, 07:31 PM
He is old. I forgive him, but I won't forget the Bush family's traitorous moves.

revelarts
09-20-2016, 07:50 PM
HW has been real friends with the Clintons for decades.
If you scratch below the surface you'll find they're long time cronies in corruption.
Barbara Bush is said to call Bill one of her sons.

Quote:

<tbody>
....George W. Bush wrote in his memoir, “Decision Points,” that his father and Bill Clinton enjoyed one of the “more unlikely friendships in American political history.” They worked together on relief efforts after the 2004 tsunami and in fundraising for Hurricane Katrina, and Clinton and both Bushes flew together to attend Pope John Paul II’s funeral. He wrote in his memoir that his mother jokingly referred to Clinton as his stepbrother, given the father-son-like relationship Clinton had developed with Bush Sr. Bush has called Clinton his “brother from another mother,” and he joked in an interview with CNN that Hillary Clinton is like his sister-in-law.....
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-c...000000292.html (https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-invokes-unlikely-allies-000000292.html)

</tbody>

http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Screenshot-2016-02-16-at-1.02.17-PM.png
--Wallace and his third wife, the former Lisa Taylor, meet with Vice President George Bush and Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton at a lobster bake at Bush's residence at Kennebunkport, Maine, July 30, 1983.--

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/F8u72kIyBJadzjZSx8jPdg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NzQ0O2g9NTM0/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/d0601da271707bdfa13d8d534c49b202

aboutime
09-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Hey rev. In keeping with your custom here. Why don't you just enjoy yourself, and find more garbage to DIG UP that will allow your Liberal Hypocrisy to thrive for all to see?

jimnyc
09-21-2016, 08:36 AM
When I first heard about GHWB voting Clinton, I thought it was an elite move, making it announced and a big deal out of it. I first read a story this morning on how Pence addressed this, and then I saw another article where it was someone else who announced it, and his people would neither confirm nor deny when asked. I'm sure that is his vote, I'm not saying that, but at least it was tossed out there differently than I thought.

-----

One of Robert Kennedy's daughters posted on her Facebook page Monday that former President George H.W. Bush told her he plans to vote for Hillary Clinton in November, but his spokesman wouldn't confirm or deny her claims.

Kathleen Hartington Kennedy Townsend posted a picture of herself on her personal page shaking hands with Bush, along with a caption: "The President told me he's voting for Hillary!!" reports Politico.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/George-H-WBush-Vote-Clinton/2016/09/20/id/749099/

-----

Pence on Bush 41 Clinton Vote: 'I Respectfully and Strongly Disagree'

Donald Trump's running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, criticized former President George H.W. Bush for his apparent support of Hillary Clinton, saying he "respectfully and strongly disagrees" with his voting choice.

Kathleen Hartington Kennedy Townsend, a daughter of Robert Kennedy, said the former president told her about his vote during a Points of Light Foundation event, but his spokesman would not confirm that.

Appearing on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," Pence said he "holds President Bush in the highest regard" and "respects his opinion, but I respectfully and strongly disagree."

"I'll respect the right of everyone in my party and everyone in this country to make their own choice, but for me and for more and more Americans every day — Republicans, Democrats, and independents — Donald Trump is the right choice and when we make him president, we'll make America great again," Pence added.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Mike-Pence-Bush-41-Clinton-Vote-Disagree/2016/09/21/id/749340/

NightTrain
09-21-2016, 08:42 AM
I really don't think anyone in the Kennedy family is trustworthy on a subject like this... Ted was as crooked as they come.

41 was an okay President, I never really cared for or disliked him - but the lie about raising taxes with the "Read My Lips" speech never sat well with me.

Besides, no one can argue that the Bush dynasty was ever non-establishment, which is one of Trump's greatest strengths this election.

Bilgerat
09-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Why is anyone surprised?

I can narrow this whole whoop-te-do down to three reasons.

1) Trump DESTROYED Jeb in the debates, #41 is never gonna forgive that

2) Trump is forever changing the "Status Quo" of the Republican Establishment, #41 is part & parcel of this and cannot abide it.

So he spends what little political capital he has left on this play, losing whatever standing he had left among those who he is leaving.

And while I knew and respected the man

Sad to see him shrink to this level

sundaydriver
09-21-2016, 10:23 AM
Well, that's four expresident's that aren't voting for Trump and we still don't know if Bill's voting for Johnson or Hillary. :laugh:

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 12:34 PM
I don't understand how anyone can vote for Hillary or Trump. I just don't get it.

NightTrain
09-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Why is anyone surprised?

I can narrow this whole whoop-te-do down to three reasons.

1) Trump DESTROYED Jeb in the debates, #41 is never gonna forgive that

2) Trump is forever changing the "Status Quo" of the Republican Establishment, #41 is part & parcel of this and cannot abide it.

So he spends what little political capital he has left on this play, losing whatever standing he had left among those who he is leaving.

And while I knew and respected the man

Sad to see him shrink to this level

I forgot about the Jeb! thing... yeah, I can see how 41 might be a bit miffed about the way Trump manhandled his boy.

Perianne
09-21-2016, 02:50 PM
I forgot about the Jeb! thing... yeah, I can see how 41 might be a bit miffed about the way Trump manhandled his boy.

Trump made JEB his bitch, lol.

Bilgerat
09-21-2016, 03:09 PM
I don't understand how anyone can vote for Hillary or Trump. I just don't get it.

We absolutely KNOW what we're gonna get in a Hildabeast Administration. We have 30 years of her history to judge by.

We can only speculate on what we're getting by a Trump Administration.

And the speculation runs wild when you add in the other two Candidates (lol)

Now add in the addition of SCOTUS Judges (and don't count on the Right to hold that down. Those RINO's are spineless). The Hildabeast will load the Court with younger, left leaning activist Judges changing the legal system for the worse.

Perianne
09-21-2016, 03:10 PM
We absolutely KNOW what we're gonna get in a Hildabeast Administration. We have 30 years of her history to judge by.

Now add in the addition of SCOTUS Judges (and don't count on the Right to hold that down. Those RINO's are spineless). The Hildabeast will load the Court with younger, left leaning activist Judges changing the legal system for the worse.

Yep.

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Actually Johnson does have a record, one of transparency and ability to work with others. Two terms as governor in predominantly liberal state and still is respected.

Johnson will not win, but he is a much better choice than voting for a con man or voting for a criminal.

Bilgerat
09-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Actually Johnson does have a record, one of transparency and ability to work with others. Two terms as governor in predominantly liberal state and still is respected.

Johnson will not win, but he is a much better choice than voting for a con man or voting for a criminal.

But as you said, he will NOT win.

So, knowing that, will you work to protect the SCOTUS or submit to a Hildabeast Reign?

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 03:20 PM

So, knowing that, will you work to protect the SCOTUS or submit to a Hildabeast Reign?

Whichever one wins, I will not have to worry about having helped put them there. I'm voting for the candidate that most closely and consistently comes close to my opinion on issues important to me. Perhaps more important, at least I know where I disagree with him and can appeal to my representatives as necessary.

Can't believe either of the other two for even how the weather currently is.

Perianne
09-21-2016, 03:24 PM

I remember a guy I used to work with who told a tale about voting to strike at his workplace. I asked him what happened. He said "we shut them down. They moved away".

In his mind, he did the right thing, though in the long run, he lost. But he did the "right thing". He cut off his nose to spite his face. But he did the "right thing".

Hillary will pack the Supreme Court with radical leftists, but #neverTrumpers did the "right thing".

Hillary will allow millions of new immigrant Democratic voters in, but #neverTrumpers did the "right thing".

Geez...

Bilgerat
09-21-2016, 03:34 PM
I remember a guy I used to work with who told a tale about voting to strike at his workplace. I asked him what happened. He said "we shut them down. They moved away".

In his mind, he did the right thing, though in the long run, he lost. But he did the "right thing". He cut off his nose to spite his face. But he did the "right thing".

Hillary will pack the Supreme Court with radical leftists, but #neverTrumpers did the "right thing".

Hillary will allow millions of new immigrant Democratic voters in, but #neverTrumpers did the "right thing".

Geez...

The Hildabeast also plans on allowing a 500% increase of Syrian Refugees

The U.S. government just recently mistakenly granted citizenship to at least 858 immigrants from countries of concern to national security or with high rates of immigration fraud who had pending deportation orders, according to an internal Homeland Security audit.

Given that news, just how many of the bunch she wants to bring in will be correctly vetted and safe?

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 03:40 PM
The Hildabeast also plans on allowing a 500% increase of Syrian Refugees

The U.S. government just recently mistakenly granted citizenship to at least 858 immigrants from countries of concern to national security or with high rates of immigration fraud who had pending deportation orders, according to an internal Homeland Security audit.

Given that news, just how many of the bunch she wants to bring in will be correctly vetted and safe?

You're comforting yourself with what you think you hear.

This is the same person who says the US should 'build safe zones' in Syria/Lebanon, while saying no boots on the ground. How like those that 'were for it, before being against it.'

He's a low class version of Kerry and Clinton.

Bilgerat
09-21-2016, 03:47 PM
You're comforting yourself with what you think you hear.

This is the same person who says the US should 'build safe zones' in Syria/Lebanon, while saying no boots on the ground. How like those that 'were for it, before being against it.'

He's a low class version of Kerry and Clinton.

Comforting myself?

What part of a 500% increase of Refugees is comforting to you?

Knowing that this meas 65,000 people will be brought in, dumped wherever they can increase the left leaning population (and the Governors of said States will have zero say). They will then become the problem of the taxpayers of said States.

How is this "comforting"?

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 03:56 PM
To believe either of them. They are both liars. To think that now he's a politician he's going to be fundamentally changed in character from when he was a 'businessman' is a farce.

The election of Hillary will be on those that voted Trump the nominee. The election of Trump will be on those that have voted for the 'woman' rather than insisting the democrats had run a primary that included just 1 good choice. Hillary v Sanders? Crook or Communist? Some primary.

Bilgerat
09-21-2016, 04:02 PM
To believe either of them. They are both liars. To think that now he's a politician he's going to be fundamentally changed in character from when he was a 'businessman' is a farce.

The election of Hillary will be on those that voted Trump the nominee. The election of Trump will be on those that have voted for the 'woman' rather than insisting the democrats had run a primary that included just 1 good choice. Hillary v Sanders? Crook or Communist? Some primary.

I think young Lady, that YOU are the one "comforting" yourself.

This will be a race won by Trump or Clinton. NO ONE ELSE has a chance in hell.

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 04:09 PM
I think young Lady, that YOU are the one "comforting" yourself.

This will be a race won by Trump or Clinton. NO ONE ELSE has a chance in hell.

I've never said differently. I am not comforted by this, not at all. I used to think that in the main, 'the people were wise.' I was wrong, this election cycle has proven it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-21-2016, 05:01 PM
I've got all the respect in the world for this man, and I'm not going to lose it just because of who he chooses to vote for. I would like for someone to hold an intervention of sorts, but if that's not possible, so be it. :) I think it's a mixture of a serious dislike of Trump's politics, and the bad blood that's been with them since Trump went off on Jeb.

I do not give a flying fig fart who that SOB IS VOTING FOR.
He was the first president to ever speak of and praise the One(New) World Order--he is a globalist..
As globalist he works against this nation as it was founded. Worked against the Constitution.
I cut no slack, to such traitors..

As always, I speak bluntly and hold nothing back.. -Tyr

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Indeed, should always back those that support the Constitution:

http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/20/donald-trump-vs-the-sixth-amendment

Donald Trump Vs. The Sixth Amendment (http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/20/donald-trump-vs-the-sixth-amendment)Just hours after New York bombing suspect was caught, Trump was already bemoaning how slowly the wheels of justice are turning.Eric Boehm (http://reason.com/people/eric-boehm/all)|<time datetime="2016-09-20T16:25:00+00:00" style="font-family: Helvetica, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.5em; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.9px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Sep. 20, 2016 12:25 pm

</time>...

Lest someone try to say 'it's just the enemy combatants'...

You know it's not, but heh, also from the article:

Anyone who actually believes in constitutionally limited government likely has been turned off by Trump's attacks on the First Amendment (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432037/donald-trump-libel-first-amendment), Fourth Amendment (http://reason.com/archives/2016/09/07/trumps-softening-cant-make-his-immigrati), Eighth Amendment (http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/03/donald-trump-says-military-wont-refuse-h), Tenth Amendment (https://ricochet.com/archives/10th-amendment-youre-fired/) and 14th Amendment (http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/2016-donald-trump-constitution-guide-unconstitutional-freedom-liberty-khan-214139), not to mention his support for the nonexistent Article XII of the U.S. Constitution (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/07/07/donald-trumps-pledge-to-defend-article-xii-of-constitution-raises-eyebrows/).

We'll know he's really just playing a game of unconstitutional bingo if he promises to quarter troops in American's homes—in the name of national security, of course.

The bottom line is that Trump likely won't alienate more voters by continuing his assault on the founding document of the country and the ideas that underpin a significant portion of Western Civilization, but that doesn't mean each additional volley deserves to go unnoticed.

<footer class="bio" style="border-width: 1px 0px 0px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px;"></footer>

aboutime
09-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Whichever one wins, I will not have to worry about having helped put them there. I'm voting for the candidate that most closely and consistently comes close to my opinion on issues important to me. Perhaps more important, at least I know where I disagree with him and can appeal to my representatives as necessary.

Really, Kathianne? Really? Though you have the right to feel and vote as you will. I am really, really disappointed to read your words above. I honestly did believe you had more going for you, and you had more of an informed intelligence that wouldn't allow you to be so un-citizenlike, or realistic.
Don't hold your breath at any time if you HONESTLY believe, and expect YOUR representatives to jump, and change what Hillary intends, for the downfall of our nation, and ALL OF US.

Elessar
09-21-2016, 08:05 PM

So going 'center' will prove nothing. A person who has not a hope of winning, which shoves a liar, traitor and
panderer into the White House....Clinton.

aboutime
09-21-2016, 09:06 PM
So going 'center' will prove nothing. A person who has not a hope of winning, which shoves a liar, traitor and
panderer into the White House....Clinton.

Elessar. Hate to say it, but it sounds like Kathianne is more worried about what others might think about her, than what putting Hillary in the W/H will do to the country.
Sure, she can think, and say whatever she wants. But that sounds more like an excuse. Unlike many of us who never considered putting an OBAMA bumper sticker on our cars...just to avoid being confronted by those who voted for him.

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Elessar. Hate to say it, but it sounds like Kathianne is more worried about what others might think about her, than what putting Hillary in the W/H will do to the country.
Sure, she can think, and say whatever she wants. But that sounds more like an excuse. Unlike many of us who never considered putting an OBAMA bumper sticker on our cars...just to avoid being confronted by those who voted for him.

Actually funny how many here were against Trump before him. Then there are those that deplore his behavior, but will vote for him because of the crowd.

Kathianne just won't vote for either unacceptable 2 party candidates. Proves that there are limits beyond which some won't go along. Problem is that for the partisans, they don't give a damn about the country, just want to win-even at the cost of the constitution. They don't give a flying f if they elect someone who truly has shown their disrespect for the system, lies whenever he opens his mouth, and many of those supporters really don't care about any of it.

I grant you the other partisan candidate is no better, then again, I expected to never vote for her. I also agree that she too doesn't give a damn about the country or its history. It's all about the win and enrichment.

The two of them are just the other side of the same coin.

SCOTUS and the rest won't matter-the system is done.

Elessar
09-21-2016, 09:27 PM
Actually funny how many here were against Trump before him. Then there are those that deplore his behavior, but will vote for him because of the crowd.

Kathianne just won't vote for either unacceptable 2 party candidates. Proves that there are limits beyond which some won't go along. Problem is that for the partisans, they don't give a damn about the country, just want to win-even at the cost of the constitution. They don't give a flying f if they elect someone who truly has shown their disrespect for the system, lies whenever he opens his mouth, and many of those supporters really don't care about any of it.

I grant you the other partisan candidate is no better, then again, I expected to never vote for her. I also agree that she too doesn't give a damn about the country or its history. It's all about the win and enrichment.

The two of them are just the other side of the same coin.

SCOTUS and the rest won't matter-the system is done.

Much as I respect you, I think you are totally mi -driven.

Put a 3rd party candidate in there spells disaster. Neither of who have a candle's hope in a hurricane.

Hillary is a proven liar and manipulator.

At least Trump stands on his own two feet, fights, and pulls back when wrong, unlike Hillary.

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 09:34 PM

Put a 3rd party candidate in there spells disaster. Neither of who have a candle's hope in a hurricane.

At least Trump stands on his own two feet, fights, and pulls back when wrong, unlike Hillary.

They both are proven liars. I'm not sure what mi-driven means, but likely not meant nicely.

Just now I've been listening to the Trump network's #1 supporter having a Trump minion, ah, Giuliani, talking about how Obama, Hillary, etc., have pandered to the BLM folks, without mentioning Trump's pandering today without facts about a cop that shouldn't be a cop. No waiting for the 'facts' to come in. Who needs facts?

All of the partisans are willing to back whatever nonsense these two throw out, well at least the 1 they are so fully happy with.

Trump will be tough, from day 1.

Hillary will be fair, to everyone.

Either side that believes in either nonsense, deserves whichever wins.

It's all just looney tunes from here on in.

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 09:36 PM

Shoot! Missed that little laugh line. He changes what he says every day, sometimes within nanoseconds. He's never wrong, because he stands for nothing.

fj1200
09-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Run a campaign about nothing, engage in attacking any opponent, and then cry when someone thinks you're not up to the job. :dunno:

Bilgerat
09-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Run a campaign about nothing, engage in attacking any opponent, and then cry when someone thinks you're not up to the job. :dunno:

Sort of like this?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9375&stc=1

fj1200
09-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Sort of like this?

More like this.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/05/9b/e3/059be3cf02b39cd144caec6e94c46600.jpg

Elessar
09-22-2016, 09:37 PM
They both are proven liars. I'm not sure what mi-driven means, but likely not meant nicely.

Just now I've been listening to the Trump network's #1 supporter having a Trump minion, ah, Giuliani, talking about how Obama, Hillary, etc., have pandered to the BLM folks, without mentioning Trump's pandering today without facts about a cop that shouldn't be a cop. No waiting for the 'facts' to come in. Who needs facts?

All of the partisans are willing to back whatever nonsense these two throw out, well at least the 1 they are so fully happy with.

Trump will be tough, from day 1.

Hillary will be fair, to everyone.

Either side that believes in either nonsense, deserves whichever wins.

It's all just looney tunes from here on in.

Meant to be mind-driven....had a connection skip!:laugh:

Trump will be tough, Hillary will wallow and beg.