PDA

View Full Version : Only one candidate has a plan for a booming economy

jimnyc
09-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Only one candidate has a plan for a booming economy

The choice for voters is clear: a tax cut from Donald Trump or a pay cut courtesy of Hillary Clinton.

Trump is promising to slash income taxes to zero for millions of people currently paying them, and to reduce the tax bite on everyone else except the mega-rich.

Clinton, by contrast, isn’t cutting income tax rates for anyone. Instead, she’s campaigning to raise business taxes, despite warnings it will cause wages to plummet and the economy to tank.

No wonder Trump is moving up in the polls. Most Americans are still making less than they did in 2007. The mainstream media want to double down on “birthers” and other fabricated issues. But will voters really be fooled by such nonsense? Will they be so easily distracted? Trump is betting no — they’ll vote their wallets.

Trump proposes a zero income-tax rate for singles making $25,000 and couples making twice that. Instead of paying the government money, they’ll file a one-page tax form that says, in not so many words, “I win.”

Moving up the ladder, singles earning $35,000 will save about $1,000, according to tax experts at CNN Money. And singles earning $64,000 will get a $2,700 break, on average. Anyone earning $112,000 will save over $5,300. Sweet.

And that’s before applying Trump’s proposed deductions for child care, which will average $12,000 per child regardless of whether parents actually incur child-care expenses. That’s a boon for stay-at-home parents.

Bottom line: Working couples with two kids will pay no federal income tax on their first $60,000 to $70,000 in household income.

Clinton promises tax credits, too — but only to families that actually spend over 10 percent of their income on outside child care.

Disregard Clinton’s bogus claims that Trump wants “to give trillions in tax breaks to people like himself.” Nonsense. Trump caps deductions at $100,000 for singles and double that for couples, so some high rollers will end up paying more.

As for the misery of tax preparation, Trump simplifies it: only three brackets, all with lower rates than before. He jokes about putting H&R Block out of business. Clinton’s plan adds complexity: more brackets and additional rules.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/20/only-one-candidate-has-a-plan-for-a-booming-economy/

sundaydriver
09-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Last year American Corporations had record earnings and had an average tax rate of 10.6% due to all the loopholes allowed. I don't think Trump can improve too much on that.

jimnyc
09-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Last year American Corporations had record earnings and had an average tax rate of 10.6% due to all the loopholes allowed. I don't think Trump can improve too much on that.

Any improvement would be happily accepted! I'm more interested in the household right now, but I'm also of the belief that it will work itself downwards. I just wish I could write "I win"! I may do that no matter what, just to fuck with the IRS. :)

fj1200
09-21-2016, 12:38 PM
Yup, just one. Johnson: Tax cuts AND Free trade. :)

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Yup, just one. Johnson: Tax cuts AND Free trade. :)

Reinstating or seeing Congress take back their responsibilities would be a good move. Actually cuts in spending, not just 'less growth or slowing' of spending would also be great. Returning states powers to the states is something that needs to happen-the federal monster is too big.

sundaydriver
09-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Any improvement would be happily accepted! I'm more interested in the household right now, but I'm also of the belief that it will work itself downwards. I just wish I could write "I win"! I may do that no matter what, just to fuck with the IRS. :)

Me too, unfortunately last year the IRS handed me the largest tax bill ever and I didn't work I day last year! :tinfoil: