PDA

View Full Version : Fun question

Abbey Marie
09-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Just as a fun point of interest, which ONE other member do you think is most like you? You can base this on any factors you like, but in my mind, it would be based on a feeling of shared values/kindred spirit.

Please choose just one person, and if all you want to say is that you are unique, don't bother, this thread is not for you.

Kathianne
09-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Just as a fun point of interest, which ONE other member do you think is most like you? You can base this on any factors you like, but in my mind, it would be based on a feeling of shared values/kindred spirit.

Please choose just one person, and if all you want to say is that you are unique, don't bother, this thread is not for you.

I'd pick you! While we are not in 100% agreement on many issues, I think we both base our thinking on our values and ethics. We're both pretty straight forward on most things, though I'm a bit more shy than yourself. ;) I also think while we are both verbal, we are more logical, less emotion based than many women I've come across on the internet.

Abbey Marie
09-21-2016, 11:04 PM
I'd pick you! While we are not in 100% agreement on many issues, I think we both base our thinking on our values and ethics. We're both pretty straight forward on most things, though I'm a bit more shy than yourself. ;) I also think while we are both verbal, we are more logical, less emotion based than many women I've come across on the internet.

Thank you, I like everything you just said, my (shy) friend!

CSM
09-22-2016, 05:13 AM
Tough question, especially since I have such a multi-faceted personality. I guess I would say "Gunny" but tempered by old age.

NightTrain
09-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Politically, I'd say Jim. We have the same views on almost every political scenario that arises which is hard to do over the years. I can only think of once that we really disagreed on a topic.

As for lifestyle & recreation... I can't think of anyone on the board that does the stuff I enjoy doing. Different worlds almost.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-22-2016, 09:17 AM
In the political arena/ideas/concepts I'd say my very good friend Drummond, however in lifestyle, background and personality/character traits I'd say Jeff..
Sorry but had to choose two, even there I left out three other very strong members here that I identify with IMHO..
And additionally in the "honesty department", I most strongly identify with ABBEY, JIM, KAT, NIGHTRAIN ,PERIANNE, SASSYLADY, ABOUTTIME,DRUMMOND,AND A FEW OTHERS HERE.

SORRY, BUT I found no way to name just one person my friend..

MAY it be noted, with the members named, I speak only of their very positive aspects (that I admire in them) , while omitting my own many negatives.
Clearly no intention to insult any person by giving comparison. -Tyr

Elessar
09-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Tough question! There are so many that I identify with for various reasons,
and I would not want to try and make a list and leave anyone out.

For a single person, I would say Kaimhel. We've known each other for years

Drummond
09-22-2016, 10:33 AM
In the political arena/ideas/concepts I'd say my very good friend Drummond, however in lifestyle, background and personality/character traits I'd say Jeff..
Sorry but had to choose two, even there I left out three other very strong members here that I identify with IMHO..
And additionally in the "honesty department", I most strongly identify with ABBEY, JIM, KAT, NIGHTRAIN ,PERIANNE, SASSYLADY, ABOUTTIME,DRUMMOND,AND A FEW OTHERS HERE.

SORRY, BUT I found no way to name just one person my friend..

MAY it be noted, with the members named, I speak only of their very positive aspects (that I admire in them) , while omitting my own many negatives.
Clearly no intention to insult any person by giving comparison. -Tyr

The fact that I'm British probably distances myself somewhat from the rest of the board ... not necessarily just in terms of geography. Even so ... this place also feels like 'home', even compared to much of our home-grown Internet presences.
Picking out individuals ... I'd agree with Tyr, he certainly matches me in beliefs and in the determination to see them prevail. I am proud to call Tyr my friend. :beer:

Otherwise, I think also Perianne and Aboutime would be my picks. Perianne dovetails with me in my thinking to a surprising extent. Aboutime has the same intolerance of the Left and of those determined to undermine decency as I do.

All three are great patriots, too ... a quality I see steadily dying in my own country.

Sometimes I've disagreed with Gunny, though I've learned to respect his sheer commonsense. He, too, is a great patriot you all have much cause to show respect to .. in my humble opinion. I hope he pulls through from his illness.

Said1
09-22-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm an original. Often imitated but never duplicated (is that how that goes?). :laugh2: :dance:

aboutime
09-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Gunny, for military reasons, and Tyr...for being unafraid to say what he wants!

Noir
09-23-2016, 05:21 AM
Eh, I'd probably say Revelarts, more for the style in which he debates, and how we approaches challenges to his points. Though he is much more eger to get typing when I'd be more inclined to brevity.

Bilgerat
09-23-2016, 10:36 AM
There Can Be

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9379&stc=1

Only One

jimnyc
09-23-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm uniq...

Ok, just kidding!!

I have to go with NT in return as well. Kinda like brothers that are thousands of miles apart. We are almost dead on with all of our stances. We even agree on most music!! But he likes to work hard around his cabin, where I would be the one sitting with an iced tea and a fishing rod. :)

revelarts
09-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Eh, I'd probably say Revelarts, more for the style in which he debates, and how we approaches challenges to his points. Though he is much more eger to get typing when I'd be more inclined to brevity.
:beer:
yea know, i'd agree,

but Brevity? explain this "brevity".

Noir
09-23-2016, 01:28 PM
yea know, i'd agree,

but Brevity? explain this "brevity".

Brevity is is the acceptable face of laziness.

Abbey Marie
09-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Mine is Russ.

(stop groaning- it's true!) :o

If I had to pick a non-husband person, lol, it may surprise everyone here, but it might just be our very own Rev.

(Rev, are you ok with that? ;)) We aren't very close politically, but I think our shared belief in Bible- based Christianity makes us alike in the most important way.

For shared beliefs in things that are most posted about here over the years, it would be Kath & Sassy. Recent Presidential election politics nothwithstanding!

sundaydriver
09-23-2016, 03:05 PM
I guess it would have to be dmp. He's the only other "car guy" left.

Abbey Marie
09-23-2016, 03:07 PM
I guess it would have to be dmp. He's the only other "car guy" left.

SD, were you around when GotZoom was still here? Big Mazda guy.

sundaydriver
09-23-2016, 03:09 PM

No,but dmp & I are the only one's with Mazdaspeeds.

Kathianne
09-23-2016, 03:16 PM
I still have my Mazda. Over 120k miles.