PDA

View Full Version : Cruz supports Trump

Abbey Marie
09-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Just heard that this was official

jimnyc
09-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Just heard that this was official

I think it's good that he stood by his word, his pledge. I think even he knows that it would have only harmed his political future, if it hasn't already. Let's see if it helps Trump's numbers at all.

jimnyc
09-23-2016, 04:24 PM
He knows the things on the line here, I agree 100% with these.

-----

He went on to list six reasons why he would oppose Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton: Supreme Court nominations, Trump’s promise to sign legislation repealing Obamacare, energy policy, immigration policy, national security and Internet policy.

Cruz returned, after this, to his theme of conscience. “If Clinton wins, we know — with 100% certainty — that she would deliver on her left-wing promises, with devastating results for our country. My conscience tells me I must do whatever I can to stop that,” he wrote.

Bilgerat
09-23-2016, 04:45 PM

-----

He went on to list six reasons why he would oppose Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton: Supreme Court nominations, Trump’s promise to sign legislation repealing Obamacare, energy policy, immigration policy, national security and Internet policy.

Cruz returned, after this, to his theme of conscience. “If Clinton wins, we know — with 100% certainty — that she would deliver on her left-wing promises, with devastating results for our country. My conscience tells me I must do whatever I can to stop that,” he wrote.

I understand that he "secured" a place for Sen. Mike Lee on Trumps SCOTUS list

Would that Trump get elected and place BOTH Cruz and Lee on the Court.:salute:

Abbey Marie
09-23-2016, 04:58 PM

-----

To that last sentence: Exactly

jimnyc
09-23-2016, 05:04 PM
To that last sentence: Exactly

While I think Ted makes this endorsement with 2018/2020 in mind... I couldn't agree with him or you anymore at all about that sentence. And of course the SC nominations.

Elessar
09-23-2016, 07:43 PM
While I think Ted makes this endorsement with 2018/2020 in mind... I couldn't agree with him or you anymore at all about that sentence. And of course the SC nominations.

Security of the Supreme Court is the bottom line here, and Cruz seems to realize that.

Abbey Marie
09-23-2016, 08:26 PM
crin63, I'm curious about your reaction to this.

Black Diamond
09-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Could Cruz be considered for Supreme Court?

crin63
09-23-2016, 11:31 PM
crin63, I'm curious about your reaction to this.

I don't hold any malice toward anyone who votes for Trump after the convention. I blame those who put all of us is this position.

Had Cruz endorsed at the convention I would have lost respect for him. I prefer that he had not endorsed Trump now but I won't hold it against him. We all have been left with a terrible choice as far as I'm concerned. It obviously a decision he didn't come to quickly or lightly. So I say cut him some slack.

sundaydriver
09-24-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm sure this has nothing to do with Prebius saying that Cruz would have serious trouble with the RNC if he ever decided to run in the future. :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
09-24-2016, 06:43 AM

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist at all, but I believe Hillary conceded in 2008 in exchange for her Secretary position. I wonder if Cruz is interested in Supreme Court and whether Trump would oblige.

Elessar
09-24-2016, 07:02 PM

I don't hold any malice toward anyone who votes for Trump after the convention. I blame those who put all of us is this position.

Had Cruz endorsed at the convention I would have lost respect for him. I prefer that he had not endorsed Trump now but I won't hold it against him. We all have been left with a terrible choice as far as I'm concerned. It obviously a decision he didn't come to quickly or lightly. So I say cut him some slack.

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist at all, but I believe Hillary conceded in 2008 in exchange for her Secretary position. I wonder if Cruz is interested in Supreme Court and whether Trump would oblige.

It could all be considered a driving consideration. Just that Cruz has backed down his disdain is significant.