PDA

View Full Version : Patriots 3rd string QB injured...

jimnyc
09-23-2016, 04:55 PM
I think they should let Julian Edelman, their WR, start a game, that would be funny. And as much as I would hate to admit it, they would probably still win. :(

-----

No Brady, no Garoppolo, and now no Brissett? Patriots rookie reportedly injured thumb

For over 20 years, the New England Patriots have had essentially two starting quarterbacks: Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady, a remarkable run, particularly in a league where great QBs seem harder and harder to find.

But this season, the football gods are exacting some revenge: Brady, serving a four-game suspension, is away from the team until Oct. 3; third-year man Jimmy Garoppolo was fantastic for the first five-plus quarters of the season, until he was driven to the ground by Miami’s Kiko Alonso and suffered a sprained AC joint.

So that left New England with one healthy quarterback: rookie Jacoby Brissett. Brissett, a third-round pick, started the Patriots’ Thursday night game against Houston, and while he didn’t light it up, he was steady, completing 10-of-19 passes, running the ball in himself for one touchdown, and perhaps most importantly, not turning the ball over.

He also, reportedly, suffered a torn ligament in the thumb of his throwing hand in the game and may not be available when New England hosts Buffalo in Week 4. Although WEEI.com reported that Brissett had a torn ligament in the thumb, both ESPN and NFL Network are calling it a sprain.

But still, wow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/139840-185143166.html

Perianne
09-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Although WEEI.com reported that Brissett had a torn ligament in the thumb, both ESPN and NFL Network are calling it a sprain.

Sprains are commonly torn ligaments.

Bilgerat
09-23-2016, 05:29 PM
From the Daily Snark :laugh:

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/keller-500x334.jpg

FOXBOROUGH, MA – The Patriots were sitting pretty; the suspended Tom Brady coming back in less than two weeks, and backup Jimmy Garoppolo doing a little more than holding down the fort in his absence. But that all came to a halt when Garoppolo went down with an injury last week.

While being tackled by Kiko Alonso of the Dolphins, the QB sprained his AC joint, taking him out of the game and likely until Tom Brady returns. With only one more quarterback left on the entire roster, Belichick and the front office opted to scan the free agency market for a more experienced QB to fill in for a few short weeks.

First reported by ESPN’s Mike Reiss, it was announced Thursday morning that the team had signed a rather unknown QB, Hellen Keller. The 5’3″ 119-pound Keller played at the Tusumbia School for the Blind in Alabama, only lesser known because of it’s in-state rival Alabama Crimson Tide. “Nobody saw this coming,” Reiss noted. “Frankly, she didn’t either.”

Keller started for the Patriots against the Houston Texans in Foxborough on Thursday Night Football, completing 1 of her 37 pass attempts, 3 of those attempts being intercepted. Yet somehow, someway in Bill Belichick’s system in New England, the Patriots still found a way to win – their third of three with Brady suspended.

“She’s been great. Adapted real quickly to our system,” head coach Bill Belichick said. “In fact it took us longer to translate the playbook into braille than it did for her to memorize plays. Helped with all the secret film we have though.”

No word yet on if Belichick and the team will go with Keller for their Week 4 game or if the Patriots will sign free agent Qb Air Bud and go 4-0 with him.

jimnyc
09-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Admittedly I had thought, or should I say hoped and prayed, that the Patriots would be 0-3 at this point without their star QB. And now they have went through 3 QB's and are 3-0. Damn I hate that team!!

BUT

October 23rd, the Cheatriots come to Pittsburgh for a 4:25 game!! :)

Elessar
09-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Admittedly I had thought, or should I say hoped and prayed, that the Patriots would be 0-3 at this point without their star QB. And now they have went through 3 QB's and are 3-0. Damn I hate that team!!

BUT

Maybe he will try yank Kaepernick from San Fran.
That would be a hoot, on a team named Patriots!:laugh:

Black Diamond
09-23-2016, 10:04 PM
They play the bills next, who suck. But Rex Ryan is obsessed with the patriots. Would be a tough game no matter who plays QB.

Bilgerat
09-24-2016, 10:52 AM

BUT

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14457461_10154522689884061_1933987379121282746_n.j pg?oh=a23910a55ab02f70f547d5626f6e7e8d&oe=5837E696

:dance::laugh2::dance::laugh2::dance:

gabosaurus
09-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Belicheat has obviously made a deal with the devil.

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/51/66/32/10970792/3/1024x1024.jpg