PDA

View Full Version : To Nevadamedic and Red States Rule...

-Cp
07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Seriously.. what is it with you two? Is debatepolicy.com a competition to you guys to see who can toss up the most useless links in a day?

Is it to see who can create posts from links you see on Drudge?

You are WEARING US OUT - Please... stop....

We don't need 80-billion new threads per day - most of us are news-savvy and read the same reports you do...

I'm sure that a site like USMB would love to have your post counts, but I know many of us here don't appreciate it and frankly find it annoying...

If you two enjoy posting so many useless threads, why not start your own forums where you two can have a hay-day - racing daily to see who can outpost each other...

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Get bent, I have seen you do the same thing, infact I have seen you post the same thing after I have several times. Get off your damn high horse.

-Cp
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Get bent, I have seen you do the same thing, infact I have seen you post the same thing after I have several times. Get off your damn high horse.

Should've figured that'd go right over yer head...

Really? You have? Where?

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Should've figured that'd go right over yer head...

Really? You have? Where?

I've commented on everyone but if you really want me to spend all gay going through and post each one I will. It would be easier if it was one or two but there are a bloody ton.

darin
07-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Dude - you seriously know it seems like you are hear with the primary goal of racking-up a huge post-count. Maybe just take what he wrote with a grain of salt, but think on it for a bit and apply as necessary?

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Dude - you seriously know it seems like you are hear with the primary goal of racking-up a huge post-count. Maybe just take what he wrote with a grain of salt, but think on it for a bit and apply as necessary?

Bullshit. I am trying to make conversation and 9 times out of 10 it works. The majority of my posts get replied to and you can't say latley that I just post links without my comments on there.

OCA
07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Nevada you are full of shit. Just admit you are posting stuff just to get a high post count and be done with it. When most of your threads last maybe a page, two at the most that qualifies as spam to get a high post count and is a detriment to the board as a whole...............in other words you are a fucking spammer and you suck, you can't debate.

darin
07-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Bullshit. I am trying to make conversation and 9 times out of 10 it works. The majority of my posts get replied to and you can't say latley that I just post links without my comments on there.

I read that as "I am not self-aware or secure enough to take a look at how I'm coming-across to a number of people."

(shrug).
:dance:

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I read that as "I am not self-aware or secure enough to take a look at how I'm coming-across to a number of people."

(shrug).
:dance:

No, I just don't care what certain members think.

darin
07-26-2007, 02:51 PM
No, I just don't care what certain members think.

That's childish - the whole "I'm an INDIVIDUAL! I'm a REBEL! I don't Care!"

Newsflash - it's important to take 'consideration of others' into your posting style. Id Est, there's more maturity shown in restraint than defiance.

OCA
07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
That's childish - the whole "I'm an INDIVIDUAL! I'm a REBEL! I don't Care!"

Newsflash - it's important to take 'consideration of others' into your posting style. Id Est, there's more maturity shown in restraint than defiance.

Thats correct, Nevada shows no maturity or restraint or he wouldn't waste valuable board space with innane thread after innane thread and innane post after innane post.

Nevada is a spammer and should be treated as spammers have been treated historically.

Nevada, the board unanimously thinks you are a joke, take that and put it in your pipe.

jimnyc
07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I think it's important that someone gets the ball rolling by starting new threads. Sometimes others need a little prodding in order to get involved. And although posting some major news events is great, if it were me, I would post odd news, weird stories, controversial issues and other posts that are thought provoking.

With that said, this is a community, and a community will start to lessen in value if it's residents cannot understand and respect one another. Even though I own the place, I have taken a step back and re-evaluated my posting style quite a few times. I really have no need to participate here if I don't have a passion for what I post, and at least the respect of those who disagree with me. I've been approached for various reasons in the past about things I have done and have taken the time to listen to what critical was said to me.

Being disliked by your debating partner is almost expected, no one wants the opposing opinion tossed into their face. But when many that agree with your opinions reach out, it may be one of those times to re-evaluate.

NM, don't take it personally, as I'm not here to take sides. I'm posting impartially as to how I see things, both as a regular poster and as board owner. I see good in someone willing to take the initiative to start new threads, but sometimes it's good for us to receive a little harsh criticism from our friends. But in the end, the way you post and what you post is entirely up to you.

glockmail
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Nevada, the board unanimously thinks you are a joke....

That's pretty harsh OCA. Of course I've never had a problem with that but only if its true.

The guy obviously has a lot of time on his hands due to his back problem so he posts here. So what? Either read the shit or don't. I don't understand why it bothers anyone.

I can see that it might bother Jimmy since it adds to the memory load on the board file, but these days memory is so cheap I don't think that's an issue.

Let's get back to skewing liberals and shining the harsh light of day on queers and their enablers.

And that goes for -CP and dmp as well.

OCA
07-26-2007, 04:15 PM
That's pretty harsh OCA.

Yes, but is it untrue?

jackass
07-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes, but is it untrue?

Unanimously...I think it is untrue.

OCA
07-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Unanimously...I think it is untrue.

Wow, I guess my eyes must be lying to me then.

Nukeman
07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I've commented on everyone but if you really want me to spend all gay going through and post each one I will. It would be easier if it was one or two but there are a bloody ton.Maybe the reason there are some duplicate post is do to the fact that some on here post so many new ones it is rather difficult to read all of them prior to posting a new thread ones self.

I propose a limit of 5 thread starts a day. Taht would cut down on some of the flagarant spamming and attention hogs...

This is just a suggestion (if your listening Jimmy)

Pale Rider
07-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I think there is obivious abuse of the board going on, and those doing it to just say "fuck off" to everyone that's annoyed with it is, well, just being a sons a bitchin PRICK!

WE - DON'T - NEED fifty new news threads a day about the same stuff we hear on the radio and the TV. It's redundant and needless. To post all that shit is doing nothing more than pumping up your post count just for the sake of a high post count.

If you're one of the ones doing it, YOU are a POST WHORE. Got it? A POST WHORE, and every last person on the board knows it. You annoy us, and you're pissing us off, and you know that. But to that you say, "get bent and fuck off." Well maybe it's time YOU get bent and fuck off. Yeah nm... YOU... get bent and fuck off! How do like that? No? Well that's how the people YOU are telling that feel. The board community has a legitimate beef with you, and anyone else here for no other reason other than POST WHORE.

Why don't you start your own board? There's a link here to start a forum using this very same program as Jimmy is using. You can google "free message board," and dozens will come up. Just stop abusing this board. Us old timers here are sick of it, and we're sick of you. Act like a responsible member of this board, or please get the fuck out.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I think there is obivious abuse of the board going on, and those doing it to just say "fuck off" to everyone that's annoyed with it is, well, just being a sons a bitchin PRICK!

WE - DON'T - NEED fifty new news threads a day about the same stuff we hear on the radio and the TV. It's redundant and needless. To post all that shit is doing nothing more than pumping up your post count just for the sake of a high post count.

If you're one of the ones doing it, YOU are a POST WHORE. Got it? A POST WHORE, and every last person on the board knows it. You annoy us, and you're pissing us off, and you know that. But to that you say, "get bent and fuck off." Well maybe it's time YOU get bent and fuck off. Yeah nm... YOU... get bent and fuck off! How do like that? No? Well that's how the people YOU are telling that feel. The board community has a legitimate beef with you, and anyone else here for no other reason other than POST WHORE.

Why don't you start your own board? There's a link here to start a forum using this very same program as Jimmy is using. You can google "free message board," and dozens will come up. Just stop abusing this board. Us old timers here are sick of it, and we're sick of you. Act like a responsible member of this board, or please get the fuck out.

Like I have said many times, get bent.

Pale Rider
07-26-2007, 07:14 PM

The truth is all over you like stink on the turd you are. Fuck off.

glockmail
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, but is it untrue? I think that it is.

glockmail
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM

The truth is all over you like stink on the turd you are. Fuck off.

Gee Pale. I've never known you to hold back like this.

82Marine89
07-26-2007, 07:49 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/whemoticons/effu/fkya.gif

OCA
07-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I think that it is.

You think that he's loved and respected?

glockmail
07-26-2007, 08:09 PM
You think that he's loved and respected? I didn't say that. I said I don't think that 'the board unanimously thinks he is a joke'.

OCA
07-26-2007, 08:26 PM
I didn't say that. I said I don't think that 'the board unanimously thinks he is a joke'.

Glock check the threads on his post whoring, ok unanimously might be too strong a word, can we agree on "super majority"?

It would be one thing to flooding the board with thought provoking discourse but one liners/emoticons/telling everyone that you are as hung as a horse is just fucking moronic. The guy is fucking DeWalt, he's a tool.

Yurt
07-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Glock check the threads on his post whoring, ok unanimously might be too strong a word, can we agree on "super majority"?

It would be one thing to flooding the board with thought provoking discourse but one liners/emoticons/telling everyone that you are as hung as a horse is just fucking moronic. The guy is fucking DeWalt, he's a tool.

:lmao: That was a head scratcher.....

Yurt
07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok, if the community is this freakin serious about this, what about a challenge?

I propose a challenge, based solely on the "super" majority of members saying that NM and RSR provide no content or little, with their massive threads (a wee bit). The challenge is:

Since "super" majority of members feel that this board can have great discourse and topics without NM's (RSR lately) threads, I propose a two or three day moratorium on NM and RSR posting threads to see if they are actually a harm or benefit to this board.

As I have stated previously, I don't mind their threads, though admit with the both of them doing it, it seems a bit much. However, they at least add some comment. I don't go to drudge or many other news sources and I purposefully come here to get my fellow members take on the news of the day. I work in a liberal profession, it is very refreshing to come here and see the true way of things that often come from members comments on threads posted about just news clips. Of course I have my opinion, but I have always liked this board because I VALUE the members comments about the news/events what not. And, I have been to drudge, and it is not like this board. I VALUE the comments from other members about such mundane things as the daily news. And no, I don't need every freakin article posted. You get my point.

I agree though that if we are a community, then we should not tell people to essentially fuck off. Get bent. A community does not work like that.

IMVHO.

glockmail
07-26-2007, 09:03 PM

I don't think super majority either. I'm willing to let the guy slide and I think a lot think the same way. I just don't think its a big deal. He's never insulted me and the only time I've seen him insult others is when provoked.

Let's get back to skewering libs and shining the harsh light of day on queers and muzzies.

red states rule
07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Seriously.. what is it with you two? Is debatepolicy.com a competition to you guys to see who can toss up the most useless links in a day?

Is it to see who can create posts from links you see on Drudge?

You are WEARING US OUT - Please... stop....

We don't need 80-billion new threads per day - most of us are news-savvy and read the same reports you do...

I'm sure that a site like USMB would love to have your post counts, but I know many of us here don't appreciate it and frankly find it annoying...

If you two enjoy posting so many useless threads, why not start your own forums where you two can have a hay-day - racing daily to see who can outpost each other...

Who died and made you boss?

If you don't like what I post - ignore it

red states rule
07-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes, but is it untrue?

Yes it is

red states rule
07-26-2007, 09:29 PM

What does the owner have to say about this?

OCA
07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes it is

Maybe about you yes........Nevada....no.

red states rule
07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Maybe about you yes........Nevada....no.

I do not know what all the fuss is about

I am posting things I find interesting - nobody is forced to read them

OCA
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM

RSR I ain't bitching about you, just Nevada. He sucks donkey dicks.

red states rule
07-26-2007, 09:50 PM
RSR I ain't bitching about you, just Nevada. He sucks donkey dicks.

I know OCA

I have never had a probloem with you here - or on the other board. We can agree to disagree on some things

I just don't understand what the fuss (or this thread) is all about

OCA
07-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I know OCA

I have never had a probloem with you here - or on the other board. We can agree to disagree on some things

I just don't understand what the fuss (or this thread) is all about

Because this asshole posts non-stop 1 liners, posts that contain only emoticons and talks about stupid shit such as how big is schlong when in reality he has a **** bigger then Jenna Jameson. He posts solely to be the #1 poster and it clutters the board with post after post of shit that I shouldn't have to fucking wade through.

red states rule
07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Because this asshole posts non-stop 1 liners, posts that contain only emoticons and talks about stupid shit such as how big is schlong when in reality he has a **** bigger then Jenna Jameson. He posts solely to be the #1 poster and it clutters the board with post after post of shit that I shouldn't have to fucking wade through.

Well, then put him on your ignore list and forget about him

OCA
07-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Well, then put him on your ignore list and forget about him

Ignore is against my personal creed.

Pale Rider
07-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Gee Pale. I've never known you to hold back like this.

Is there something you wanted me to say that I didn't? :dunno:

Pale Rider
07-27-2007, 12:29 AM

You've been around awhile rsr. I think you've earned the respect of most of the people here, and that would include myself. You at least engage in intelligent debate when challenged, and that includes whatever it is you've started as threads. We all know that. nm on the other hand posts purely to up his post count. He knows what he's doing, and so does everybody else. He's been exposed as a post whore, and his reply is simply to tell people get bent and fuck off. Doesn't make him very popular. You are a totally different case.

Abbey Marie
07-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Nevada, I hope that you will take some advice from me, since I don't believe I've ever given you a hard time. I would normally put this in a PM, but given all the threads about the topic, I think it needs to be on the board.

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with your posting style. I just read what interests me, and ignore the rest. Also, I think there is value in having a lot of topics on the board. However, it can be overwhelming even to me, and as you can see, many people do have a problem with it.

IMO, the great thing about Jim's boards is the sense of community and friendship that develops between members over time. I assume that you want to be a part of that, since you are here a lot and are very involved. So, for the sake of being part of that community, why not just try posting fewer articles? (Hey, I'm not even in the top ten, and I don't care one bit). Please?

And it's always a good idea to check before posting to be sure that the topic isn't already there. We all do it now and then, but it really should be a rare occurrence.

I've posted a long time with many of the people who are asking you to change, and they really are good guys.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Ignore is against my personal creed.

Valid point

red states rule
07-27-2007, 04:14 AM
You've been around awhile rsr. I think you've earned the respect of most of the people here, and that would include myself. You at least engage in intelligent debate when challenged, and that includes whatever it is you've started as threads. We all know that. nm on the other hand posts purely to up his post count. He knows what he's doing, and so does everybody else. He's been exposed as a post whore, and his reply is simply to tell people get bent and fuck off. Doesn't make him very popular. You are a totally different case.

Fair enough and thanks

However, I have only been back for a couple of days - but I dot see where NV is doing anything wrong

Psychoblues
07-27-2007, 05:16 AM
I am glad that you have overcome your jealousy.

Fair enough and thanks

However, I have only been back for a couple of days - but I dot see where NV is doing anything wrong

You wouldn't.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 05:22 AM
I am glad that you have overcome your jealousy.

You wouldn't.

Jealousy of you? LOL

If you don't like someone posts - ignore them

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Because this asshole posts non-stop 1 liners, posts that contain only emoticons and talks about stupid shit such as how big is schlong when in reality he has a **** bigger then Jenna Jameson. He posts solely to be the #1 poster and it clutters the board with post after post of shit that I shouldn't have to fucking wade through. Now there's the OCA we all know and love. :salute:

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Now there's the OCA we all know and love. :salute:

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about

What am I missing here?

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Is there something you wanted me to say that I didn't? :dunno: I was being facetious, just like with the cats. :poke:

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I still don't understand what all the fuss is about

What am I missing here?
I'm not agreeing with OCA on this. I just like his direct style.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I was being facetious, just like with the cats. :poke:

Don't insult the cats

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Don't insult the cats Its no insult whatsoever. They are natural predators and scavengers. We humans are their prey.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Its no insult whatsoever. They are natural predators and scavengers. We humans are their prey.

A Cats Diary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got this in an email

CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed

hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the

rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep

up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I

had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly

demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending

comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed

in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could

hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due

to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use

it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my

tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this

again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The

dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released -and seems to be

more than willing to return. He is obviously very stupid.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the

guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors

have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe

for now...

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:51 AM
A Cats Diary

I believe that to be absolutely true. Those damn plotters. Thank God they can't get email.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I believe that to be absolutely true. Those damn plotters. Thank God they can't get email.

Don't be to sure about that

Cats are very smart

Gaffer
07-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I have a high post count only because I started posting here at the very beginning. Post count means nothing to me. I don't even pay attention to it and don't even know my standing as I post this.

NM and RSR are posting articles. Things they want to get responses too as they found them interesting. If they really want to get a post count up all they have to do is respond to posts like this constantly with one or two sentences or smilies.

NM has a lot of time to kill and likes to do it on here. More power to him.

I skip the posts I'm not interested in reading or have already read in the news and go to other posts that interest me. Or if there are a lot of comments about an item I like to see what they all have to say. It the old story of, if you do like it, don't read it.

Now I'm back to reading through posts as I haven't been on for a day and a half and have over 1300 new posts to go through.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Don't be to sure about that

Cats are very smart

Smarter than you, I'm sure, but not smart enough to avoid you, sadly.

Maybe they can recognize a fellow pussy.

red states rule
07-29-2007, 06:59 PM

They see you for the pussy you are - a gutless lib who talks big behind a keyboard

gabosaurus
07-29-2007, 07:30 PM
It's no use cp. To everyone else, an ugly dog is an ugly dog. To another ugly dog, it's a thing of beauty. To be forever recreated.
Stupid is as stupid does.

red states rule
07-29-2007, 07:31 PM
It's no use cp. To everyone else, an ugly dog is an ugly dog. To another ugly dog, it's a thing of beauty. To be forever recreated.
Stupid is as stupid does.

You do resemble that remark

Yurt
07-29-2007, 10:15 PM

Amazing you actually consider yourself some sort of intellect and someone who can come on this board and whup ass. You can't even come back with a one liner that would pass the gutter, let alone, the curb you are standing on.

Don't hate people smarter than you, except [accept] it as so and embrace it.

nevadamedic
07-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Amazing you actually consider yourself some sort of intellect and someone who can come on this board and whup ass. You can't even come back with a one liner that would pass the gutter, let alone, the curb you are standing on.

Don't hate people smarter than you, except it as so and embrace it.

Do you expect anything more from a Liberal?

07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Posting without substance is one of the huge reasons Im not hanging out at the other board much anymore. I got tired of reading through crap or conversations where people just trade insults back and forth. I want substance.

With great power comes great responsibility. You may be able to say alot about alot of things. you may be able to trade better insults with others. But just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Instead of focusing on post count. Why not focus on post quality. good way to do that is aim for higher reps. You get those by saying something good. What does it matter if you have lots of crappy posts if you dont have any good ones? What is the point of even discussing things?

07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Do you expect anything more from a Liberal?

I dont know about Yurt, but I sure as heck do. I expect more from everyone.

red states rule
07-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Posting without substance is one of the huge reasons Im not hanging out at the other board much anymore. I got tired of reading through crap or conversations where people just trade insults back and forth. I want substance.

With great power comes great responsibility. You may be able to say alot about alot of things. you may be able to trade better insults with others. But just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Instead of focusing on post count. Why not focus on post quality. good way to do that is aim for higher reps. You get those by saying something good. What does it matter if you have lots of crappy posts if you dont have any good ones? What is the point of even discussing things?

The ignore feature works very well