View Full Version : Report: Drunk astronauts allowed on shuttle

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Story Highlights

Panel reportedly found "heavy use of alcohol" before shuttle flights"
Intoxicated astronauts reportedly allowed to fly at least twice
Aviation Week & Space Technology reported the findings
No astronauts were named in the reports

Aviation Week & Space Technology, a weekly trade journal, reported the finding from the panel on its Web site. The weekly said that the committee found that on at least two occasions, astronauts were allowed to fly after flight surgeons and other astronauts warned they were so intoxicated that they posed a flight-safety risk.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/07/26/astronaut.drinking.ap/index.html

That's stupid. We are trusting these people with millions and billions worth of equipment and they are drunks. They should not be allowed to drink within 24-48 hours before a flight. These people should be held to higher standards and held accountable for their actions.

glockmail
07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Story Highlights

Panel reportedly found "heavy use of alcohol" before shuttle flights"
Intoxicated astronauts reportedly allowed to fly at least twice
Aviation Week & Space Technology reported the findings
No astronauts were named in the reports

Aviation Week & Space Technology, a weekly trade journal, reported the finding from the panel on its Web site. The weekly said that the committee found that on at least two occasions, astronauts were allowed to fly after flight surgeons and other astronauts warned they were so intoxicated that they posed a flight-safety risk.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/07/26/astronaut.drinking.ap/index.html

That's stupid. We are trusting these people with millions and billions worth of equipment and they are drunks. They should not be allowed to drink within 24-48 hours before a flight. These people should be held to higher standards and held accountable for their actions.

Only about 2 or 3 people are required to drive the damn bus, and the rest are along for the ride, waiting for their time to do their thing. Who cares if some guy in the back seat has tossed back a few prior to going up? I'd prolly be right along with him if I thought I'd get away with it.

Mr. P
07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
If I am going to strap a massive rocket to my ass YOU BET I'd down one or two! :cheers2:

Dilloduck
07-26-2007, 05:09 PM
If I am going to strap a massive rocket to my ass YOU BET I'd down one or two! :cheers2:

If you need "liquid courage" to fly, you shouldn't be flying.

Mr. P
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
If you need "liquid courage" to fly, you shouldn't be flying.

That ain't flying..

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 05:50 PM
That ain't flying..

It's pretty much like strapping a bomb to your ass.

Dilloduck
07-26-2007, 06:04 PM
It's pretty much like strapping a bomb to your ass.

Big fucking deal. A Palestinian kid can do that.

Mr. P
07-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Big fucking deal. A Palestinian kid can do that.

And they do, but they are not old enough to drink. :p

Edit: Nor does Islam allow alcohol I understand.

glockmail
07-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh gawd you three are cracking me up. :lol:

waterrescuedude2000
07-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Not for long I heard they are going to start making them do the 12 hour rule. No drinks for 12 hours before.