PDA

View Full Version : General's rank could be reduced in Tillman probe

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Story Highlights

Retired Gen. Kensinger accused of misleading Tillman investigators
Official: Kensinger said he didn't know about friendly fire incident until after 2004
Pentagon officials: Army secretary may recommend reducing Kensinger's rank
Former pro football player Tillman killed by fellow troops in Afghanistan in 2004

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/26/tillman/index.html

The guy is retired let it be. These people are attacking veterans and war heroes to advance their career's. Our enemies are loving every bit of out going after our own servicemen and women on a daily basis, it's not right. Even if something like this happens it should be kept out of the media is it makes our enemies stronger.

darin
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I read about this on drudge and other news sites. It's standard procedure, as I'm afraid the Army is quite political, too. The kicker is, it really won't 'hurt' the guy. His retirement is still going to be $70K+ per year.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 02:59 PM
I read about this on drudge and other news sites. It's standard procedure, as I'm afraid the Army is quite political, too. The kicker is, it really won't 'hurt' the guy. His retirement is still going to be $70K+ per year.

The money im sure doesn't bother him the reduction of rank is a slap in the face to the many years of his service to his country. I'm sure President Bush can step in and prevent that from happening being that he is the Commander and Chief of the Armed Services.

darin
07-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Dude - going from a RETIRED 3-star General to a RETIRED 2-star General can't hurt that much. It's not like going from Staff Sergeant to Sergeant, which really wouldn't be 'that' bad, either.

Psychoblues
07-27-2007, 01:52 AM
I think you miss the point. There was a murder there, NOT just a friendly fire incident. The General ought to be very proud of simply a reduction in rank rather than imprisoned as an accompice to MURDER. It's all just another easy way out for the priveledged while the peons go on suffering for following orders. Such is the life of the non-elites.