PDA

View Full Version : Men's room tampons passes in landslide

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 03:03 PM
The stupidity in schools that liberalism is passing around is getting worse and worse daily. I am so glad that my school years are long behind me. And of course it's also something else they want for FREE. The lack of personal responsibility from kids in school anymore is sickening.

"WAAAAAAAAA I need a safe space so no one can say mean things after I put my MANPON on."

-----

Cornell referendum on men's room tampons passes in landslide

Cornell students voted overwhelmingly this week to provide free tampons in all bathrooms, including men’s rooms.
The "#FreeTheTampon" initiative received 78.6 percent of the 3,034 ballots cast, and will now be presented to the university's president for consideration.

Cornell students passed a student-sponsored referendum to provide free tampons and pads in all Cornell bathrooms, with 78.6 percent of 3,034 voting students casting a ballot in favor.

The "#FreetheTampon" initiative aims to provide all bathrooms on campus of both genders—yes, men’s too—with free menstrual products throughout the year, and comes shortly after Brown University recently implemented a similar program.

The reasoning behind stocking both men’s and women’s restrooms with feminine products is that not all people who menstruate are women, when accounting for the transgender population.

In addition to voting, students also posted pro and con statements about the initiative on the Cornell Assemblies Elections page.

Many of those who voted “yes” made claims along the lines of, “this is a basic human right, like water or shelter,” and that it’s “ridiculous” and “insane” that they aren’t free already. Many noted that condoms are freely available at the campus health center, so tampons should be, too.

Those who voted against #FreetheTampon expressed concern over the potential financial burden the project would create and lack of planning as well as the likely waste of the products, especially in the men’s bathroom, considering that likely less than one percent of the population is transgender.

Some students even attempted to stake out a middle ground, asserting that they would be in support of supplying the women’s rooms with tampons, but not the men’s.

“In any situation in which a discussion is being had about a given institution providing some good or service for free, it is essential to first be able to estimate the cost of such a provision prior to implementing it,” one student argued, while another declared more succinctly that the proposal “seems expensive, and unncecessary.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8191

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 03:24 PM
I give up.

pete311
09-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Who the fuck cares, holy shit, actual important things are going on.

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 03:48 PM

Sure, just pass on the issue when it makes the liberals look like a bunch of schmucks. Not exactly news like a war, or the economy dying - but you're free to pass on the thread, or start a better one to your liking if you prefer. Seems like you have a habit of knocking threads and sources whenever you think the subject makes the liberal or democrat side look like weak ninnies, which is every other thread.

Once again where folks on the left think they should get things for free, and how others should be responsible for their needs, moreso than themselves.

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 04:18 PM

Lol, once you reply to a thread, you lose the right to claim you don't care.

I think Jim is right- you just don't like the way it makes your people look. And who can blame you? Lib viewpoints become more retarded and indefensible every day.

Elessar
09-29-2016, 04:29 PM
I give up.

Those 3 simple words!

I shook my head in disbelief reading this. What is this generation
coming to? I would imagine they are going to lose a lot of money
with this venture, especially with guys flushing them away in the men's
room just to get them out of there.

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Those 3 simple words!

I shook my head in disbelief reading this. What is this generation
coming to? I would imagine they are going to lose a lot of money
with this venture, especially with guys flushing them away in the men's
room just to get them out of there.

Or the stealing that will go on, at least in the women's room? They'll probably have to raise tuition to $75K/year to subsidize it, lol.

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Lol, once you reply to a thread, you lose the right to claim you don't care.

I think Jim is right- you just don't like the way it makes your people look. And who can blame you? Lib viewpoints become more retarded and indefensible every day.

And if this were some sort of conservative/republican issue, and they were making demands of free shit - do you think some would then reply differently? Of course they would. :)

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 04:43 PM
And if this were some sort of conservative/republican issue, and they were making demands of free shit - do you think some would then reply differently? Of course they would. :)

Of course!

Except we never do that- we tend to do this weird thing where we work to earn money, then use it to buy thethings we need.

revelarts
09-29-2016, 04:47 PM
this would have been a late nite comedy skit 30 years ago.
who are these people?

Russ
09-29-2016, 04:53 PM
My guess is that this referendum was passed by a bunch of guys who actual needed the tampons. :rolleyes: