PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson: I'm Having an 'Aleppo Moment' on Foreign Leaders' Names

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 03:53 PM
There sure are a lot of foreign leaders! I'm betting even my son could rattle off 5-10 of them with ease. I think this guy is so keen on isolation that he barely remembers the names of such leaders. PUTIN, MERKEL, NETENYAHU. Good thing he has someone with him to drop some answers for him. :)

-----

Gary Johnson: I'm Having an 'Aleppo Moment' on Foreign Leaders' Names

Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson, admitting he was having an "Aleppo moment," drew a blank Wednesday night during an MSNBC town hall when he was asked who his favorite foreign leader is in a gaffe coming during an event he'd called a "consolation prize" he was given for being left out of both the presidential debate and a network Commander in Chief Forum.

"It was put to us that, look, you weren't in this initial program," Johnson told The Washington Post last week. "Here's what we'd like to offer in lieu of being with the two major-party candidates. And I said, 'An hour of prime time Chris Matthews? I'll take it.'"

But, reports the Post, the evening soured when Matthews asked him to name a foreign leader from "anywhere in the continents . . . any country. Name one foreign leader that you look up to."

Running mate William Weld attempted to help, saying he's "with Shimon Peres," the Israeli leader who died early Wednesday. Matthews, though, pushed for a living world leader, from "any continent. Canada, Mexico?"

"I guess I'm having an Aleppo moment," Johnson replied, before settling on "the former president of Mexico."

But he couldn't name which one, telling Matthews he was "having a brain freeze."
Weld then began naming the country's former presidents, "Fox? Zedillo? Calderon?" and Johnson finally settled on Fox, calling him "terrific."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gary-johnson-aleppo-moment-foreign-leaders-name/2016/09/29/id/750783/

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Here you go, Gary- your kind of world leader. You're welcome.

Justin Trudeau has vowed to legalize marijuana — a drug that he says has needlessly left many Canadians with criminal records and cost the government too much in law enforcement.
It’s also unclear how quickly Trudeau would roll out this policy: he has admitted that he hasn’t sorted out the details, like how cannabis would be taxed and how those revenues would be distributed.
http://time.com/4079278/justin-trudeau-canada-prime-minister/

Or perhaps:

President José Mujica (former) of Uruguay, who helped pass the law legalizing Marijuana in 2013?

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 04:40 PM
I have no issue with marijuana at all, so long as you ain't the one running America!! :coffee:

Forgetting things is obviously a symptom of smoking marijuana, and more so when someone is placed on the spot. Yup, sadly, personal experience. :)

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 04:41 PM
I have no issue with marijuana at all, so long as you ain't the one running America!! :coffee:

Forgetting things is obviously a symptom of smoking marijuana, and more so when someone is placed on the spot. Yup, sadly, personal experience. :)

Now I'm hoping he could be in the next debate. :laugh2:

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Now I'm hoping he could be in the next debate. :laugh2:

I eats my edibles and then... shit, what were we talking about?

Abbey Marie
09-29-2016, 04:44 PM
I eats my edibles and then... shit, what were we talking about?

Cheetos, man. Cheetos.

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Cheetos, man. Cheetos.

Smart food popcorn, Funyons & Reese's peanut butter cups. And of course getting to know the pizza man on a first name basis. :)

gabosaurus
09-29-2016, 06:57 PM
Not that this subject has not be ALREADY MENTIONED IN ANOTHER THREAD. :tinfoil:

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Not that this subject has not be ALREADY MENTIONED IN ANOTHER THREAD. :tinfoil:

Should we think about dumbing things down a bit for you, so that you are capable of keeping up? I know multitasking can be difficult at times... I wonder how Abbey was able to keep up?

All of that aside... The article is dated today, and it says it happened Wednesday at a town hall meeting. Can you point out to me, PLEASE, where this has been being discussed prior to this? Maybe we can help with that there multitasking issue? :)