PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Here's a guy that deserved to get shot in the face. I can't believe he didn't in fact. This is a real scumbag thing to do. I wish he would have seriously gotten his ass kicked at least.

-----

Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

An East Tennessee State University student was arrested Wednesday after going to a Black Lives Matter protest on campus wearing a gorilla mask and handing out bananas.

Tristan Rettke, an 18-year-old freshman, wore overalls and a gorilla mask and, wandering barefoot while holding a burlap sack with a Confederate flag and a marijuana leaf on it, offered bananas to students who were protesting, according to a report by ETSU police. He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation.

According to campus police, after being read his rights Rettke told officers that a couple of days earlier he had seen on social media that there would be a Black Lives Matter event in the “free speech” area of Borchuck Plaza on the Johnson City, Tenn., campus. He said he went to a store Tuesday to buy rope to tie to a bunch of bananas. While there he also bought the mask and brought it all to the event on Wednesday.

According to the police report, Rettke said the stunt was an attempt to provoke the protesters.

Rettke did not immediately respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment Thursday.

In a video posted on social media, the protesters appear to be trying to ignore Rettke, although one protester says on the video that his hands are shaking with anger. A woman at the protest called police.

The East Tennessean, the newspaper on campus which first reported the incident, quoted one of the protesters explaining why they didn’t react angrily. “I was going to let him stay as long as he wanted to,” Jaylen Grimes told the East Tennessean, “because once white people see how the counterpart of their same culture acts, they can just reflect on that and see, ‘Oh, I’m not like that. Oh, I actually might want to help.’ And they might want to push against what his thoughts and what his beliefs are.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/09/29/student-arrested-after-wearing-gorilla-mask-handing-out-bananas-at-black-lives-matter-protest/?tid=pm_local_pop_b

Noir
09-30-2016, 05:49 AM
Now since the BLM movement is a racist violent one obviously the white guy got racially and physically abused and...wait what?!!

jimnyc
09-30-2016, 05:56 AM
Now since the BLM movement is a racist violent one obviously the white guy got racially and physically abused and...wait what?!!

I think many feel that the underlying idea, and what folks are preached to do often, is racist in nature. That is certainly not to mean that every single person involved in the BLM movement is racist. Obviously the kids at this school were not, and should be applauded for their restraint.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Here's a guy that deserved to get shot in the face. I can't believe he didn't in fact. This is a real scumbag thing to do. I wish he would have seriously gotten his ass kicked at least.

-----

Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas at Black Lives Matter protest

An East Tennessee State University student was arrested Wednesday after going to a Black Lives Matter protest on campus wearing a gorilla mask and handing out bananas.

Tristan Rettke, an 18-year-old freshman, wore overalls and a gorilla mask and, wandering barefoot while holding a burlap sack with a Confederate flag and a marijuana leaf on it, offered bananas to students who were protesting, according to a report by ETSU police. He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation.

According to campus police, after being read his rights Rettke told officers that a couple of days earlier he had seen on social media that there would be a Black Lives Matter event in the “free speech” area of Borchuck Plaza on the Johnson City, Tenn., campus. He said he went to a store Tuesday to buy rope to tie to a bunch of bananas. While there he also bought the mask and brought it all to the event on Wednesday.

According to the police report, Rettke said the stunt was an attempt to provoke the protesters.

Rettke did not immediately respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment Thursday.

In a video posted on social media, the protesters appear to be trying to ignore Rettke, although one protester says on the video that his hands are shaking with anger. A woman at the protest called police.

The East Tennessean, the newspaper on campus which first reported the incident, quoted one of the protesters explaining why they didn’t react angrily. “I was going to let him stay as long as he wanted to,” Jaylen Grimes told the East Tennessean, “because once white people see how the counterpart of their same culture acts, they can just reflect on that and see, ‘Oh, I’m not like that. Oh, I actually might want to help.’ And they might want to push against what his thoughts and what his beliefs are.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/09/29/student-arrested-after-wearing-gorilla-mask-handing-out-bananas-at-black-lives-matter-protest/?tid=pm_local_pop_b

He was arrested and charged with civil rights intimidation.

civil rights intimidation!!!!

Really???
So what were the two black panthers doing with weapons at a voting station and exactly how was that handled?

Whats next folks??
Do they take the frosting off of frosted flakes??

Just how much of this shit are we supposed to take??

Guy was an ass, should have had his ass stomped but to be legally arrested and charged!

To be legally arrested and charged, that is a serious attack upon his civil rights -especially since blank panther leaders can call for killing -white babies and nothing is done about it..

This special status(FOR BLACKS, MUZZYS GAYS , ETC) crap has got to stop-- as it will lead to civil war if carried much further IMHO.--TYR

Perianne
09-30-2016, 08:00 AM
I think many feel that the underlying idea, and what folks are preached to do often, is racist in nature. That is certainly not to mean that every single person involved in the BLM movement is racist. Obviously the kids at this school were not, and should be applauded for their restraint.

To quote the great Bobby Jones,

“You might as well praise a man for not robbing a bank.”

Noir
09-30-2016, 06:34 PM

0h no, poor you, my heart bleeds.

Elessar
09-30-2016, 07:14 PM

Really???
So what were the two black panthers doing with weapons at a voting station and exactly how was that handled?

Guy was an ass, should have had his ass stomped but to be legally arrested and charged!

To be legally arrested and charged, that is a serious attack upon his civil rights -especially since blank panther leaders can call for killing -white babies and nothing is done about it..

.--TYR

Bolded above: Wrong is wrong and if he'd gotten childish ass stomped?
No sweat off my brow! The rest is spot on, though.

When are you going to grow up?

Noir
10-01-2016, 04:31 AM
When are you going to grow up?

Grow up as in - feel outraged that a man was arrested for dressing as a gorilla and handing out bananas at an event in support of black peoples? Hopefully never.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-01-2016, 06:08 AM

I need not your bleeding sarcasm Noir..
Myself, I have the ability to settle my own account if my rights are trampled on,-do not need a damn Federal law or local cops to arrest a man for insulting me..
That you think its ok, speaks volumes..
Also that you missed my comment about the guy should have been stomped but not have the power/force of law come down on him!
A point , that perhaps you missed.
Your youthful blindness is staggering sometimes it seems to me.. --Tyr

Russ
10-01-2016, 12:39 PM

As everyone else mentioned, this guy is pretty offensive and he's lucky he and his bananas didn't get beaten to a pulp.

I'm mystified, though, that his "free speech" act got him arrested. I didn't think that was possible anymore, since burning the flag and all kinds of other offensive acts are considered protected free speech. How do they make these decisions that one guy is doing free speech and another is stepping over the line?

Black Diamond
10-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Grow up as in - feel outraged that a man was arrested for dressing as a gorilla and handing out bananas at an event in support of black peoples? Hopefully never.

So you believe in free speech and expression...

Except when you don't.

Black Diamond
10-01-2016, 12:52 PM
As everyone else mentioned, this guy is pretty offensive and he's lucky he and his bananas didn't get beaten to a pulp.

I'm mystified, though, that his "free speech" act got him arrested. I didn't think that was possible anymore, since burning the flag and all kinds of other offensive acts are considered protected free speech. How do they make these decisions that one guy is doing free speech and another is stepping over the line?

Obama's America

Abbey Marie
10-01-2016, 01:26 PM

You don't think there is bias or hypocrisy in enforcement, do you?

https://i.imgflip.com/5egu1.jpg

Black Diamond
10-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Question:. Given this arrest, should BLM folks be arrested when they chant ""Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon"?

If not, why not?

Elessar
10-02-2016, 07:13 PM
So you believe in free speech and expression...

Except when you don't.

Just call it for what it is: Two Faced!

It's hard to argue with a liberal spoon-pounding spoiled idiot.