PDA

View Full Version : Obama Administration Denies Jerusalem Is Located in Israel

jimnyc
09-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Obama Administration Denies Jerusalem Is Located in Israel

The White House press office on Friday struck out “Israel” as the country in which Jerusalem is located when distributing a transcript of President Obama’s remarks at the funeral of former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres.

An image of the press release can be seen here:

https://i.imgur.com/dDN1fTe.jpg

McClatchy reported:

The administration initially sent out a copy of President Barack Obama’s remarks at former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres’ funeral in Jerusalem, indicating that the remarks had been given in Jerusalem, Israel. But later Friday afternoon, the press office sent out a correction to the previous email, striking out “Israel” from the header of the transcript.

Obama delivered the eulogy at Israeli national cemetery Mount Herzl.

Official U.S. policy refrains from recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital until the conclusion of final-status talks aimed at creating a Palestinian state, ostensibly incorporating eastern sections of Jerusalem. The State Department forbids Americans born in Jerusalem to list their capital as Israel, a practice reaffirmed by a 2015 Supreme Court decision.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016/09/30/obama-administration-denies-jerusalem-located-israel/

Noir
10-01-2016, 04:58 AM
Official U.S. policy refrains from recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital...

How long has this been policy for?

sundaydriver
10-01-2016, 07:35 AM
How long has this been policy for?

Since it's capture in 1967 by Israeli. Only one or two countries recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and have their embassies there. C'mon, you knew that!

Noir
10-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Since it's capture in 1967 by Israeli. Only one or two countries recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and have their embassies there. C'mon, you knew that!

yeah but it's useful for folks to say it.

Russ
10-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Noir and Sunday:
You are not even replying to what Jim posted. Jim's post was saying that Obama does not want to state that the city of Jerusalem is in the country of Israel. You two are talking about whether or not Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, for some reason.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Noir and Sunday:
You are not even replying to what Jim posted. Jim's post was saying that Obama does not want to state that the city of Jerusalem is in the country of Israel. You two are talking about whether or not Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, for some reason.

Misdirection, tactic the leftists/libs live by and glorify in.
Such took the emphasis off of the obama and his agenda/ personal philosophy(hidden religious bias)....--Tyr

Abbey Marie
10-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Noir and Sunday:

Nice catch. :salute:

sundaydriver
10-01-2016, 09:01 AM
According to International Law, East Jerusalem would belong to Jordan. That is why countries refuse to recognize it as the capital f Israeli. Geez, who doesn't know that?

Russ
10-01-2016, 09:12 AM
According to International Law, East Jerusalem would belong to Jordan. That is why countries refuse to recognize it as the capital f Israeli. Geez, who doesn't know that?

Again, not directly related to Jim's post. You may want to talk to your doctor about attention deficit disorder. Just a suggestion.

Noir
10-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Noir and Sunday:

As if those two aren't connected.

sundaydriver
10-02-2016, 05:23 AM
Noir and Sunday:

My bad, I should have given the full reason as to why.

The reason for denying Jerusalem is in Israeli by all but a few countries is that both Israeli & Jordan claim parts of it. Even though Israeli captured the east of the city in 1948 and later the west portion and later annexed it and the West Bank the International Community disagrees and wants Jerusalem as a shared city. This is the US & most countries policy since 1968 which recognizes Jerusalem as an international city surrounded by Israeli. So putting out a write up misstating policy that it belongs to one or the other was a mistake. The mistake was corrected as has happened previously over the years by past administrations.

Remember just a few years ago the issue of the US not recognizing persons born in Jerusalem as Israeli citizens?

Again, not directly related to Jim's post. You may want to talk to your doctor about attention deficit disorder. Just a suggestion.

What were we talking about? I'll mention it if I remember.

PixieStix
10-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Obama Administration Denies Jerusalem Is Located in Israel

The White House press office on Friday struck out “Israel” as the country in which Jerusalem is located when distributing a transcript of President Obama’s remarks at the funeral of former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres.

An image of the press release can be seen here:

https://i.imgur.com/dDN1fTe.jpg

McClatchy reported:

The administration initially sent out a copy of President Barack Obama’s remarks at former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres’ funeral in Jerusalem, indicating that the remarks had been given in Jerusalem, Israel. But later Friday afternoon, the press office sent out a correction to the previous email, striking out “Israel” from the header of the transcript.

Obama delivered the eulogy at Israeli national cemetery Mount Herzl.

Official U.S. policy refrains from recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital until the conclusion of final-status talks aimed at creating a Palestinian state, ostensibly incorporating eastern sections of Jerusalem. The State Department forbids Americans born in Jerusalem to list their capital as Israel, a practice reaffirmed by a 2015 Supreme Court decision.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016/09/30/obama-administration-denies-jerusalem-located-israel/

Why does he deny that? Because he IS a muslim. It IS THAT simple

sundaydriver
10-05-2016, 04:33 AM
Why does he deny that? Because he IS a muslim. It IS THAT simple

Because it's been US Policy since 1968 as I pointed out above! I guess all POTUS's have been Muslim's since 1968 then by some's thinking?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Because it's been US Policy since 1968 as I pointed out above! I guess all POTUS's have been Muslim's since 1968 then by some's thinking?

Obama has repeatedly insulted Israel and done so even when their PM visited the WhiteHouse.
The fact is, he does far more than any usual, historically routine national policy, in regards to Israel.
He has constantly sided with Israel's enemies or did you miss the entire Iran (nuke giving) debacle??-Tyr

sundaydriver
10-05-2016, 07:39 AM
Obama has repeatedly insulted Israel and done so even when their PM visited the WhiteHouse.
The fact is, he does far more than any usual, historically routine national policy, in regards to Israel.
He has constantly sided with Israel's enemies or did you miss the entire Iran (nuke giving) debacle??-Tyr

I am aware of the Iran deal of which we were one of six signers of the deal and Israeli has been awarded more $$ to shore up their defenses. Check out the new aid budget just signed thru 2028 for Israeli. Here is a good read for ya on relationship in general.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Obamas-support-for-Israel-404827