PDA

View Full Version : Trump is blowing it

jimnyc
09-30-2016, 08:21 PM
This is frustrating. I know he can win. There are various factors in play that leave him where he is at right now. But the main factor is that he is inflicting damage upon himself. Hillary tosses a grenade in his direction hoping to get a little collateral damage. Instead, Trump grabs the grenade and swallows it. His only hope now is the perfect storm of various factors over the next 40 days or so. I don't see that happening. Especially now that it's at the point that he has made it easy for Hillary. She just needs to go mistake free. There is always the debates, but that appears to be his weak spot and he polished spot.

NightTrain
09-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Keep the faith.

Black Diamond
10-01-2016, 12:14 AM
A lot can happen in 40 days . Obama got crushed in the first debate in 2012 as did George W in 2004. They both rebounded and won. Hillary can't hide how ugly she is.

Noir
10-01-2016, 04:33 AM
What is he specifically doing ATM that's so bad?

pete311
10-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Nothing has changed with Trump. Not sure how you expect him to be different than he always has been. He's not some Cinderella.

Black Diamond
10-01-2016, 11:28 AM
What is he specifically doing ATM that's so bad?

Losing when he should be winning.

bullypulpit
10-02-2016, 08:46 AM
This is frustrating. I know he can win. There are various factors in play that leave him where he is at right now. But the main factor is that he is inflicting damage upon himself. Hillary tosses a grenade in his direction hoping to get a little collateral damage. Instead, Trump grabs the grenade and swallows it. His only hope now is the perfect storm of various factors over the next 40 days or so. I don't see that happening. Especially now that it's at the point that he has made it easy for Hillary. She just needs to go mistake free. There is always the debates, but that appears to be his weak spot and he polished spot.

Yes, he is blowing it, and the schadenfreude is delicious with the popcorn.

But more to the point, there is simply no moral equivalence between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Despite her faults..and they are many...Clinton towers over Trump. Given the decades of relentless GOP investigations of both Bill and Hillary, the fact stands that they have found little more than innuendo, distortion and bloviation levied against them. (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/tracking-the-clinton-controversies-from-whitewater-to-benghazi/396182/)

Trump, on the other hand, has decades long, well documented trail of well documented legal, financial and moral wreckage behind him. (some of which are detailed at http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/donald-trump-scandals/474726/) But this seems irrelevant to Trumps slavish supporters, which leads one to believe that they may be as morally bankrupt as Trump.

Abbey Marie
10-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Bully, your post can be summed up with this pic:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9403&stc=1

bullypulpit
10-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Bully, your post can be summed up with this pic:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9403&stc=1

And yours can be summed up by this image:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9404&stc=1

Abbey Marie
10-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Typical lib comment. You all mistakenly and obnoxiously believe you are smarter than anyone who disagrees with your godless, big government, tried-and-failed policies. Why don't you go visit Venezuela, to get an up close look at where your ideas inevitably eventually lead? Oh, and do take off the blindfold while you're there.

fj1200
10-02-2016, 02:41 PM
What is he doing now that he hasn't been doing for the past 12 months or conversely what is he not doing that he has been doing?

Perianne
10-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Typical lib comment. You all mistakenly and obnoxiously believe you are smarter than anyone who disagrees with your godless, big government, tried-and-failed policies. Why don't you go visit Venezuela, to get an up close look at where your ideas inevitably eventually lead? Oh, and do take off the blindfold while you're there.

There is always a part of that on every forum. But I think it has intensified this election season. How many posts have we seen concerning Trump supporters where they are told they are voting with emotions, or not using their heads, while those who support others are thinking clearly?

This has been a stressful election season and stress tends to bring out the worst in people. There are people on here now who wouldn't say "hi" to me if they saw me in person. What has changed? I am the same I have always been.

Black Diamond
10-02-2016, 03:25 PM

Hugo! Hugo! Hugo!

bullypulpit
10-02-2016, 07:41 PM

Indeed, it was ingracious of me. My apologies. I later found a more appropriate image.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9406&stc=1

As for "smarter than everyone else", however, I cannot claim that distinction. The simple application of critical thinking skills would lead you to see the error of your ways. "Godess" I will indeed lay claim to. Government should be no bigger than necessary to ensure domestic tranquility and promote the general welfare. The only policies that have been "tried-and-failed" policies I have seen have been those the GOP dominated House and Senate have consistently fallen back on. Chief among those being "trickle-down" economics. As for visiting another country, perhaps you might like to travel to North Korea. It's the logical extension of the GOP's, as it is currently constituted, policies.

NightTrain
10-02-2016, 07:51 PM
So, Bully, you going to shave your head in protest when Hellary loses?

bullypulpit
10-04-2016, 09:00 PM
So, Bully, you going to shave your head in protest when Hellary loses?

Given that I am already bald as a billiard ball, not an issue, and Clinton's chances of winning climb each day. But, in the unlikely event that she does lose, I will shave my genitals. It's better than the armed insurgency Drumpf is encouraging his followers to pursue when he loses.

NightTrain
10-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Given that I am already bald as a billiard ball, not an issue, and Clinton's chances of winning climb each day. But, in the unlikely event that she does lose, I will shave my genitals. It's better than the armed insurgency Drumpf is encouraging his followers to pursue when he loses.

Well.... let's just keep your genitals between you and your boyfriend.

What do you think about Hellary's opinion of you and your fellow basement dwellers? You really think she gives a damn about you?

Elessar
10-04-2016, 09:27 PM

What armed insurgency? Show proof, not rumor. I dare you
to provide proof. Otherwise you are blowing smoke up your ass.

Making things up because you have no valid reply?

What about Obama's violent insurgency the past 7.75 years?
You're O.K. with that? Occupy Wall Street, Black Live matters riots.
Think that they were/are not both armed and violent?

bullypulpit
10-06-2016, 05:50 AM
"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment," Trump started. "By the way, and if she gets to pick - if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although, the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don't know."

Fistly, the only ones babbling about Clinton abolishing the Second Amendment is the formerly (now mainstreamed) lunatic fringe of the GOP and the NRA. Secondly, Trump is suborning an armed response to the election of Hillary Clinton. He IS suborning armed rebellion, just in such a way as not to be accused of openly advocating it.

fj1200
10-06-2016, 07:54 AM
"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment," Trump started. "By the way, and if she gets to pick - if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although, the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don't know."

Fistly, the only ones babbling about Clinton abolishing the Second Amendment is the formerly (now mainstreamed) lunatic fringe of the GOP and the NRA. Secondly, Trump is suborning an armed response to the election of Hillary Clinton. He IS suborning armed rebellion, just in such a way as not to be accused of openly advocating it.

Old news 'round these parts. Get with the times man.