PDA

View Full Version : Get your Shingles Vaccination

PixieStix
10-03-2016, 10:08 AM
I would not wish this on my worst enemy.......

Oh wait....J/K

I would highly recommend you all talk to your Dr about the vaccination. If you don't and you get shingles, just be aware that it is absolutely no holds bar THE most painful thing I have ever experienced. I have had a baby, I have had 1st degree burns on my hand, and nothing I mean nothing compares. The only way I can describe it is to say it feels like someone is shooting me in the back and chest and under my arm with a damned cannon ball. Constant, severe and unbearable.

All I could think of was someone needs to help me. I was reminded of my Lord. Who hung on the Cross for me and for you.

Please get the vaccination.

I wish you all good health. :chinese:

Perianne
10-03-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry, sweetie. THIS is the reminder I need to get that vaccination.

PixieStix
10-03-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry, sweetie. THIS is the reminder I need to get that vaccination.

Please do it ASAP.. No sleep because the pain is so extreme. It is on my right side, I cried for hours. Could do nothing about it. I don't like pain medication, but at this time, I would take whatever would help

Thank you Perianne ;)

PixieStix
10-03-2016, 10:18 AM
I am so tired of being sick. April 2015. I had a lung infection, a year later I was diagnosed with severe graves disease. Lost 40lb. I was emaciated. I could not even stand up. I almost died from a thyroid storm. And now this. It can actually damage your nerves for the rest of your life.

I am sick of being sick

Perianne
10-03-2016, 10:24 AM
I am so tired of being sick. April 2015. I had a lung infection, a year later I was diagnosed with severe graves disease. Lost 40lb. I was emaciated. I could not even stand up. I almost died from a thyroid storm. And now this. It can actually damage your nerves for the rest of your life.

I am sick of being sick

Oh, my! In all my years of healthcare I have never seen a thyroid storm. Thank God you survived.

For those who don't know, thyroid storm is a potentially fatal, extremely high level of hormones put out by the thyroid.

PixieStix
10-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Oh, my! In all my years of healthcare I have never seen a thyroid storm. Thank God you survived.

For those who don't know, thyroid storm is a potentially fatal, extremely high level of hormones put out by the thyroid.

I knew I could die too. I was dying. But thank God for my wonderful Son. I could not walk through my living room, I looked like hillary :coffee:

Perianne
10-03-2016, 10:31 AM
I knew I could die too. I was dying. But thank God for my wonderful Son. I could not walk through my living room, I looked like hillary :coffee:

Indeed, thank God for wonderful children.

I have been painting my house this summer. When I get up high on a ladder, or on the roof, I can see the worry from my daughter that I might fall and hurt myself. I know she loves me, but it touches me to see her so concerned for my well being. I am sure your son suffered watching you in that shape.

PixieStix
10-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Indeed, thank God for wonderful children.

I have been painting my house this summer. When I get up high on a ladder, or on the roof, I can see the worry from my daughter that I might fall and hurt myself. I know she loves me, but it touches me to see her so concerned for my well being. I am sure your son suffered watching you in that shape.

My son is the kindest laid back persons, I have ever known. God gave me a person in my life that would keep me calm and balanced. When he freaks out, one never knows. He is strong.

Perianne
10-03-2016, 10:39 AM
My son is the kindest laid back persons, I have ever known. God gave me a person in my life that would keep me calm and balanced. When he freaks out, one never knows. He is strong.

He sounds wonderful. You know it hurts them to see us suffer.

Perianne
10-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Pixie, it was great to see you.

jimnyc
10-03-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this Pixie. I didn't even notice this thread until Peri was kind enough to point it out. I'm trying to catch up anyway as I've been MIA for a couple of days. I hope you get to feeling better!! Come on here and keep us updated on your health :)

aboutime
10-03-2016, 07:10 PM
I would not wish this on my worst enemy.......

Oh wait....J/K

I would highly recommend you all talk to your Dr about the vaccination. If you don't and you get shingles, just be aware that it is absolutely no holds bar THE most painful thing I have ever experienced. I have had a baby, I have had 1st degree burns on my hand, and nothing I mean nothing compares. The only way I can describe it is to say it feels like someone is shooting me in the back and chest and under my arm with a damned cannon ball. Constant, severe and unbearable.

All I could think of was someone needs to help me. I was reminded of my Lord. Who hung on the Cross for me and for you.

Please get the vaccination.

I wish you all good health. :chinese:

Pixie. Until about a year ago. I was suffering monthly with different shingles attacks. Some of them were so bad...I wouldn't let our grandkids see me, or get near me. I had really bad attacks...If you want to call them that, around my crotch area on one, or the other side. On my back, below my shoulder blades and all of it felt like someone was using a needle-gun with thousands of sharp points, that felt like they were being dragged across my skin.
The worst time I remember, more than a year ago, when it started; was so painful with deep red scabs on my back, and legs...I didn't sleep laying down. I had to stay upright in a chair, leaning against the wall.
NOW...to anyone reading this. IF you ever had chicken pox-or measles in your life, and you are 50 or older. GET THE DAMNED Vaccination. Some pharmacies give them for free, and Medicare is recognized to pay as well.
You do not want to go through the agony...Honestly you don't.
Pixie....Hope you get better soon. Prayers your way....really do work.

Abbey Marie
10-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Wow. I hope you feel better, Pixie.

Kathianne
10-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Hope you are well soon, Pixie. Prayers for you.