PDA

View Full Version : Where do you live?

Abbey Marie
10-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Just a few "getting to know you" questions:

Where do you live, and what do you like most about it?
Where were you raised, if different?
Where did you go to school?
Do you have children- how many, what ages?
What is your favorite TV show of all time?
What do you despise most about Hillary?

Kathianne
10-05-2016, 01:17 PM

While I usually don't do these, I like you. ;)

AZ. Little snow, most of the year is swimming weather.
Chicago area.
Quite a few unis, but last 2: University of Chicago and Elmhurst College.
3. daughter and 2 sons. 35, 33, 30.
NCIS
Can't choose one thing.

Abbey Marie
10-05-2016, 01:24 PM
While I usually don't do these, I like you. ;)

AZ. Little snow, most of the year is swimming weather.
Chicago area.
Quite a few unis, but last 2: University of Chicago and Elmhurst College.
3. daughter and 2 sons. 35, 33, 30.
NCIS
Can't choose one thing.

You really must like me! :laugh2:

Btw, I knew all of those things about you, except NCIS.

I'll do mine when I get back from class.

fj1200
10-05-2016, 01:30 PM
I live in Xanadu* (Atlanta area inside the perimeter).
*Not technically it's name but it seems like it given the nightmare of the overall Dekalb County GA and the 4th Congressional District of GA which is thankfully landlocked and not in danger of tipping over.
Southwest Michigan.
Michigan State.
3 "joys" of my life ages between 6 and 13.
Hmm, not sure.
There can't be only one. /Highlander

Kathianne
10-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Funny thing about television programs, there were several I liked back when:

Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Dark Shadows
All In The Family
Golden Girls (this and the preceding just go together)
Downton Abbey
Blue Bloods

I was liking Madam Secretary, but it looks like it's going total political troll this year.

hjmick
10-05-2016, 03:32 PM

Just outside of Charleston, South Carolina

Born in Ohio, spent every summer there until I was 13, Texas, Kingsville and Houston until I was 11, Thousand Oaks & Camarillo, California to adulthood. Left California in '09 for New Mexico, left New Mexico in '12 for SC.

Moorpark College for a while, then life got in the way...

Three girls. 33, 29, 24.

Oh hell, I don't know if I have ever had an "all time favorite". I really enjoyed Castle, I like NCIS, I've never missed an episode of The Walking Dead, I liked M*A*S*H, Star Trek (TOS), The Addams Family, Quantum Leap, Hogan's Heroes, Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Tonight Show (with Johnny), The Carol Burnett Show, The Rockford Files... and so many more...

Her.

Abbey Marie
10-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Where do you live, and what do you like most about it? Delaware. I like its proximity to the ocean and New York.

Where were you raised, if different? Da Bronx

Where did you go to school? Fordham University & Temple Law School

Do you have children- how many, what ages? Daughter, 25

Comedy: A sitcom called "Sports Night" & Frasier
Not Comedy: Shades of Blue & The Tudors
TV Movie: Any of Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone movies

What do you despise most about Hillary? Her constant lying, and her support for abortion on demand.

hjmick
10-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Crap, I forgot what I like most about where I live...

Have you ever been to Charleston South Carolina?

Sir Evil
10-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Crap, I forgot what I like most about where I live...

umm, the breweries? :laugh2:

jimnyc
10-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Wassup!!?? Haven't seen you in a long, long time.

Btw, I hate u.

hjmick
10-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Yeah, we have some good ones... Currently indulging in Holy City Espresso Porter...

How ya been?

Sir Evil
10-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Wassup!!?? Haven't seen you in a long, long time.

Btw, I hate u.

yeah hate you too noodle nutz! :slap:

Sir Evil
10-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Yeah, we have some good ones... Currently indulging in Holy City Espresso Porter...

How ya been?

Holy City Espresso Porter? sounds interesting! good here hjmick, how you been?

hjmick
10-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Holy City Espresso Porter? sounds interesting! good here hjmick, how you been?

My bad, it's Palmetto Brewing not Holy City...

Been good. Waiting for Matthew...

jimnyc
10-05-2016, 04:53 PM

I live in Westchester County, New York. It's not fare from where I grew up in NJ. That's about it. Otherwise I am in liberal/democrat pit of hell and cannot wait until we finish our mortgage and get out of dodge!! (like 7 more years?)

I was raised over the George Washington Bridge, and then South of there. I was raised in Colonia, New Jersey. I loved it there!!

I went to school at 2 & 16 Outlook Avenue grammar school. :)

I have one boy, who will be turning 16 in November.

SO SO many Tv shows and I have to narrow it down to 1? That's rough, I had like 40,000 favorites over time!! Magnum P.I.? I'll have to go with Cheers. Wait, I'd rather go with Seinfeld!!

And now narrow down Hillary to one thing? This is harder than the SAT's!! I'll say what most others won't - her face.

Sir Evil
10-05-2016, 04:54 PM
My bad, it's Palmetto Brewing not Holy City...

Been good. Waiting for Matthew...

have'nt been paying much attention to the storm so is that going to have a major impact on your area? better stock up on them brews if so!

hjmick
10-05-2016, 04:56 PM
have'nt been paying much attention to the storm so is that going to have a major impact on your area? better stock up on them brews if so!

Strong winds, 4-8" of rain, they reversed the lanes on I-26 and started evacuating the coastal areas today... I chose to buy dog food and more beer...

Sir Evil
10-05-2016, 04:59 PM
I chose to buy dog food and more beer...

:laugh2:

Outstanding sir!

sundaydriver
10-05-2016, 05:54 PM
I live in nePa. and I can see Jersey if I go a few hundred yards up the hill across the road. I like the rural living without being too far removed from things, the rolling hills, and wildlife. A trendy area a dozen miles south for theatre, great restaurants, and minor league baseball or hockey.

I grew up~25 miles from here.

School was Miami Dade College & East Stroudsburg Univ.

No kids

TV, I would say Seinfeld & the Soprano's

Hillary, it would be the lyin eyes, can't tell if she's looking at you or somewhere else.

Drummond
10-05-2016, 06:20 PM

South Wales, UK. Just on the other side of the English / Welsh border, beyond Bristol. What I like about it ... more of a rural atmosphere than my hometown of London. The steak & kidney pies available in the local chip shop are superb.

Where I was raised was north London ... Edmonton.

My school ... Latymer Grammar. http://www.latymer.co.uk/school

No children.

Favourite TV show ... either Dr Who, or Steptoe & Son. Possibly a contender is 'Til Death Us Do Part, the British origin of your 'All In The Family' show.

What I despise about Hillary .. that she stands for, would be a standard-bearer for, all I politically despise. Leftieism. A dependence culture. That she is reported as being a corrupt individual, with the email scandal still unresolved, AND, it looks like she's unanswerable for it, seemingly above the law !! She has power and abuses it purely for self-advancement.

Abbey Marie
10-05-2016, 07:19 PM
I live in nePa. and I can see Jersey if I go a few hundred yards up the hill across the road. I like the rural living without being too far removed from things, the rolling hills, and wildlife. A trendy area a dozen miles south for theatre, great restaurants, and minor league baseball or hockey.

I grew up~25 miles from here.

School was Miami Dade College & East Stroudsburg Univ.

No kids

TV, I would say Seinfeld & the Soprano's

Hillary, it would be the lyin eyes, can't tell if she's looking at you or somewhere else.

Is that trendy area by chance New Hope? Love it there; go every October for a 1-2 night stay.

crin63
10-05-2016, 11:55 PM

Los Angeles County. I like that we have access to most things within 90 minutes of us.

I was raised in the O.C. and the stupid little hick town of Yucaipa, CA.

Yucaipa High School, Crafton Hills College, and Whittier Training Center.

3 kids. 30, 26, and 22.

Favorite TV sho would be Justified.

I despise that Hillary so blatantly lies and gets away with it.

sundaydriver
10-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Is that trendy area by chance New Hope? Love it there; go every October for a 1-2 night stay.

Nope, ~30 miles upriver from New Hope. Golden Pheasant Inn again or somewhere else. Ever stay in the Delaware Suite at the GP? Maybe we have slept in the same bed, small world, huh? ;)

Noir
10-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Where do you live, and what do you like most about it? - A seaside town called Bangor, its big enough to have everything you need, but small enough to walk anywhere within 2 hours.

Where were you raised, if different? Same place.

Where did you go to school? Bangor Grammar School.

Do you have children- how many, what ages? Nope none, maybe in the next 5 or so years.

What is your favorite TV show of all time? The Thick of It.

What do you despise most about Hillary? That she won't face consequences for her actions.

sundaydriver
10-06-2016, 06:27 AM
- A seaside town called Bangor.

A small world indeed. My mailing address is also Bangor with many of Welsh decedent that came to work the slate quarries. NO wonder I always thought you looked familiar. :laugh:

Noir
10-06-2016, 06:40 AM
A small world indeed. My mailing address is also Bangor with many of Welsh decedent that came to work the slate quarries. NO wonder I always thought you looked familiar. :laugh:

Kinda - I'm from Bangor, Northern Ireland. The original and best Bangor =p

Drummond
10-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Kinda - I'm from Bangor, Northern Ireland. The original and best Bangor =p

Yes. I noted that you went to a Grammar school, as did I.

An interesting (and possibly instructive ?) fact about Wales is that it has no grammar schools .. at all ...

They were apparently done away with entirely in Wales, thanks to the introduction of the state-dominated Comprehensive system, decades ago. An act of educational vandalism, if ever there was one ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Grammar_schools_in_Wales

Abbey Marie
10-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Nope, ~30 miles upriver from New Hope. Golden Pheasant Inn again or somewhere else. Ever stay in the Delaware Suite at the GP? Maybe we have slept in the same bed, small world, huh? ;)

It sure is a small world! We have never stayed at the GPI, but we have dined there a few times, and the food is awesome. We have stayed at several places in the general area. Mostly the Black Bass Inn and the 1740 House, but also a couple of area B&B's. I love a balcony overlooking the Delaware River, and a fireplace in the room seals the deal.

Have you eaten at Phillips Mill in New Hope? I tend to try scallops anytime they are on a menu, including at many many seacoast towns, but this restaurant has the best scallops I've ever had. Hands down.

Abbey Marie
10-06-2016, 10:26 AM
South Wales, UK. Just on the other side of the English / Welsh border, beyond Bristol. What I like about it ... more of a rural atmosphere than my hometown of London. The steak & kidney pies available in the local chip shop are superb.

Where I was raised was north London ... Edmonton.

My school ... Latymer Grammar. http://www.latymer.co.uk/school

No children.

Favourite TV show ... either Dr Who, or Steptoe & Son. Possibly a contender is 'Til Death Us Do Part, the British origin of your 'All In The Family' show.

What I despise about Hillary .. that she stands for, would be a standard-bearer for, all I politically despise. Leftieism. A dependence culture. That she is reported as being a corrupt individual, with the email scandal still unresolved, AND, it looks like she's unanswerable for it, seemingly above the law !! She has power and abuses it purely for self-advancement.

I don't think I was aware that you live in Wales. Russ's family is originally from a small village in England near the border with Wales, and he always tells me he's convinced he's actually Welsh. I guess he wants to be like you, Drummond. :cool:

Drummond
10-06-2016, 11:03 AM
I don't think I was aware that you live in Wales. Russ's family is originally from a small village in England near the border with Wales, and he always tells me he's convinced he's actually Welsh. I guess he wants to be like you, Drummond. :cool:

Oh, Russ could do a whole lot better than being like me, believe me !!;)

It's just possible that Russ is right. The border between England and Wales has shifted a little over the years. Hereford, for example, is now in England ... but for a time the border was redrawn, and it was then in Wales ...

I'm not sure what impact parliamentary boundary changes (which are revised every so often, we are told to 'equalise voter representation from area to area') impact on this in themselves. But changes have definitely occurred over the decades.

Little-Acorn
10-06-2016, 12:44 PM
San Diego, the weather of course.
San Jose, CA, mostly. Later NJ, MN, CO, and Thule, Greenland.
Princeton.
Three sons. 27, 18, and 10.
Don't watch much TV. Do movies count?
Her constant pushing of big govt, rabid lying about herself and her opponents, and covering up what she's doing.

aboutime
10-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Virginia Beach, Va. Many friends, family close (under 2 hours away)
Norristown, Pennsylvania. Between Valley Forge, and Philly.
Norristown, and many Military schools, with college courses
Two son's. 43, and 40
Johnny Carson..30 years
That she has been able to allude indictment, the laws, the constitution,
and still be able to run for the highest office in the land without being HONEST.

sundaydriver
10-06-2016, 06:56 PM
It sure is a small world! We have never stayed at the GPI, but we have dined there a few times, and the food is awesome. We have stayed at several places in the general area. Mostly the Black Bass Inn and the 1740 House, but also a couple of area B&B's, I love a balcony overlooking the Delaware River, and a fireplace in the room seals the deal.

Have you eaten at Phillips Mill in New Hope? I tend to try scallops anytime they are on a menu, including at many many seacoast towns, but this restaurant has the best scallops I've ever had. Hands down.

Not at Phillips, but a lot of others such as the Landing, Martine's, and others. I don't know how long you've been going, but at least 45 years for me. Ohh, but I did grill scallops for dinner tonight. :thumb:

Elessar
10-06-2016, 07:03 PM

here do you live, and what do you like most about it? SW Coastal Oregon, Gold Beach. It is quiet, uncrowded, green and clean.
Where were you raised, if different? Fairmont State University (WVA) and several military schoolings
Do you have children- how many, what ages? One son, 25; going through his Doctorate program right now.
What is your favorite TV show of all time? I'd have to say "Late Night With Johnny Carson".
What do you despise most about Hillary? Everything. She has gotten away with lies and manipulations all
across her time in the limelight. If I'd done one thing like she did with the E-mail server (just one example),
I'd be in the Federal Pen. Lied about Benghazi. Plenty more!

Abbey Marie
10-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Not at Phillips, but a lot of others such as the Landing, Martine's, and others. I don't know how long you've been going, but at least 45 years for me. Ohh, but I did grill scallops for dinner tonight. :thumb:

We do The Landing for lunch whenever we can. :beer: Never been to Martine's.

I went the first time when I was just about 20, but sporadically until about 10 years ago. Now it's almost strictly for our Anniversaries.

SassyLady
10-06-2016, 08:53 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/icons/icon1.png
Tucson, AZ ..... here because grandkids are here ...the incredible sky and awesome monsoon season

Bakersfield, CA

USF (University of San Francisco)

One daughter - 40

Carol Burnett or I Love Lucy for comedy..... always made me laugh
And I do love Mark Harmon

Her sense of entitlement and smugness