PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Obama would react if Trump won the election?

Russ
10-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Here's a hypothetical question for everyone.

If Donald Trump were to actually win the Presidential election in November, how do you think Barack Obama would react? He'd be facing the eradication of Obamacare, the end of the TPP treaty, probably the end of his Iran treaty, and one or more Supreme Court nominations coming from Donald Trump. His precious "legacy" would be reduced to having a library somewhere. This would, of course, be incredibly galling to him.

Here's the three things I think he might do:

1. Congratulate Trump on the victory and gracefully leave office.
2. Gripe bitterly about the election results from November until January, but still semi-gracefully leave office after first pushing through as many executive actions and outrageous Presidential pardons as possible.
3. Come up with excuses why the election results are suspicious or wrong, challenge the results, and then proclaim that he's not leaving office until his Justice Dept has thoroughly investigated the election. A process that would be indefinite.

For any other president in history, I would say the chances of #3 happening would be zero, and even the chances or #2 would be minimal. But for Obama, I think the chances of #1 are zero. I feel pretty certain he would do #2, but I feel nervous to say that there's a non-zero chance of #3. Overall, I'd say #1 - 0% chance, #2 - 95% chance, #3 - 5% chance.

Anyone else care give their opinion on the chances?

Elessar
10-06-2016, 08:35 PM
None of your guesses are beyond imagination.

He is spineless enough to do any of them.

Definitely he would not congratulate Trump. After all, he blamed GWB for everything except
his inability to mould this nation as he pledged.

He could try #3, but would be ousted real quick. That is the behavior of a Dictator.

I see him panicking, releasing criminals, and doing his 'Executive Orders' until the final day!

aboutime
10-06-2016, 08:39 PM
If Trump wins. Obama will be awake all night, signing PARDONS for everyone in his administration, Hillary, and all the Liars in the Democrat party who will still be telling the same lies, while blaming Bush for everything.
Oh, and let's not forget. Obama will also be yanking Chicago Mayor, Rahm Emanuell, and is wacko Dr. Brother who wrote the OBAMACARE book of lies. He will make sure the FBI places everybody he pardons...INCLUDING HIMSELF...on the FBI Witness Protection List. Forcing the FBI to send them all to HAVANA, CUBA to avoid possible, needed prosecutions for TREASON.

gabosaurus
10-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Why would Obama care either way? He is campaigning for Clinton, but I doubt that he cares for her that much.
Trump is more likely to take option 3 if he loses. Since he has already stated that he feels the election process is rigged.

As a comparison, GW Bush issued 35 pardons after the 2008 election and commuted eight sentences.

Kathianne
10-07-2016, 02:50 AM
Why would Obama care either way? He is campaigning for Clinton, but I doubt that he cares for her that much.
Trump is more likely to take option 3 if he loses. Since he has already stated that he feels the election process is rigged.

As a comparison, GW Bush issued 35 pardons after the 2008 election and commuted eight sentences.

Hmmm:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/obama-reducing-prison-sentences-announcement/

Obama reducing 102 inmates' sentences

By Kevin Liptak (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/kevin-liptak-profile), CNN White House Producer

Updated 5:16 PM ET, Thu October 6, 2016

<cite class="el-editorial-source" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: CNN, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700;">(CNN)</cite>Another 102 prison inmates learned Thursday their sentences are being reduced by a stroke of President Barack Obama's pen, the latest batch in a record-setting effort by the White House to reverse harsh sentences for mostly nonviolent drug offenders.

Obama has now granted clemency to 774 individuals, the vast majority of whom were serving time for nonviolent drug crimes. Just in the past year, Obama has granted clemency to 590 prisoners - (http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/politics/obama-commutations-drug-sentences/)- the most commutations in any single year of US history.

At the same time, the number of inmates who have applied for pardons or commutations has increased sharply in the final year of Obama's tenure, creating a backlog of requests for Obama's team to process before he leaves office in January.

"I've told my office that anything that gets to us will get processed," Neil Eggleston, the White House counsel, said in an interview Thursday. "We're not going to have a failure of resources here. I'm pretty confident that we'll get to all of those."

Eggleston said Obama would continue to personally review clemency requests up until the final days of his administration.

Russ
10-07-2016, 03:43 AM

Trump can't actually take option 3, or any of these options, since he is not in office right now. You have to already be in the office of the President before you can refuse to leave.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-07-2016, 05:46 AM
He is most likely to do number two .....
However, number three is the second most likely, since he hates this nation.
I do not see the bastard doing number one, as he has proven over and over again that he has no class, no honor and no integrity.-Tyr

Noir
10-07-2016, 07:09 AM
You know you're coming to the end of a presidents second term when the 'sitting president will just chose to not leave office' posts start floating about.

Russ
10-07-2016, 08:38 AM
You know you're coming to the end of a presidents second term when the 'sitting president will just chose to not leave office' posts start floating about.

This is a silly comment, trying to masquerade as a condescending comment.

Nobody was worried about George Bush or Bill Clinton at the end of their second terms. Both were fairly cordial with their replacements, and neither had any 'legacy' items like ObamaCare that they would be worried about losing. And neither ever described their replacements as 'unfit'.

If you can point me to posts on the board from 2008, where some is making a similar comment about George Bush, please do so. Or even if you can point me to anything from 2008 were anyone was asking that question. I doubt you can do so.

Noir
10-07-2016, 08:47 AM
This is a silly comment, trying to masquerade as a condescending comment.

Nobody was worried about George Bush or Bill Clinton at the end of their second terms. Both were fairly cordial with their replacements, and neither had any 'legacy' items like ObamaCare that they would be worried about losing. And neither ever described their replacements as 'unfit'.

If you can point me to posts on the board from 2008, where some is making a similar comment about George Bush, please do so. Or even if you can point me to anything from 2008 were anyone was asking that question. I doubt you can do so.

Jez I can't be bothered trying to look back for that. I'm sure abbey will remeber the posts about Nazi Bush not leaving office etc etc.

Abbey Marie
10-07-2016, 10:22 AM
He is most likely to do number two .....
However, number three is the second most likely, since he hates this nation.
I do not see the bastard doing number one, as he has proven over and over again that he has no class, no honor and no integrity.-Tyr

Please excuse the crude reference, but he has already done number two on the country for 8 years.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Please excuse the crude reference, but he has already done number two on the country for 8 years.

:beer: :salute: :beer:

Never truer words said about a rascal, bastard and traitor!!--Tyr

revelarts
10-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Jez I can't be bothered trying to look back for that. I'm sure abbey will remeber the posts about Nazi Bush not leaving office etc etc.

I remember very well.
you're exactly right.

NightTrain
10-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Here's a hypothetical question for everyone.

If Donald Trump were to actually win the Presidential election in November, how do you think Barack Obama would react? He'd be facing the eradication of Obamacare, the end of the TPP treaty, probably the end of his Iran treaty, and one or more Supreme Court nominations coming from Donald Trump. His precious "legacy" would be reduced to having a library somewhere. This would, of course, be incredibly galling to him.

Here's the three things I think he might do:

1. Congratulate Trump on the victory and gracefully leave office.
2. Gripe bitterly about the election results from November until January, but still semi-gracefully leave office after first pushing through as many executive actions and outrageous Presidential pardons as possible.
3. Come up with excuses why the election results are suspicious or wrong, challenge the results, and then proclaim that he's not leaving office until his Justice Dept has thoroughly investigated the election. A process that would be indefinite.

For any other president in history, I would say the chances of #3 happening would be zero, and even the chances or #2 would be minimal. But for Obama, I think the chances of #1 are zero. I feel pretty certain he would do #2, but I feel nervous to say that there's a non-zero chance of #3. Overall, I'd say #1 - 0% chance, #2 - 95% chance, #3 - 5% chance.

Anyone else care give their opinion on the chances?

I'm hoping for #4 :

Packing up and heading to Kenya, never to be heard from again.

revelarts
10-07-2016, 01:01 PM
I suspect he will pardon several people and whip out a few more executive orders.
most presidents do. that's not unusual.

But i suspect he'll leave quietly
and if there's any fight of the election to be put up I suspect he'll let ten Clinton and their hit squad to do it.

Elessar
10-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Our system does not allow for that, so it is fully Bullshit to even think it could happen.
Only if he tries to declare himself a dictator, in which case he would be gone very fast.

Abbey Marie
10-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Our system does not allow for that, so it is fully Bullshit to even think it could happen.
Only if he tries to declare himself a dictator, in which case he would be gone very fast.

No system allows for it. Until it does.

Russ
10-07-2016, 03:48 PM

I won't argue the point. I will just say that even if someone did post something like that about "Nazi Bush", then whoever posted it was some kind of left-wing lunatic. My comments about Obama, however, make an incisive and to-the-point post. :salute:

aboutime
10-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Don't honestly care how Obama reacts if, and when Trump wins.

I am anxious to see this in front of the White House on the 20th of January, bound for Chicago.http://icansayit.com/images/uhaul.jpg

Noir
10-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Tell that to Russ.

I won't argue the point. I will just say that even if someone did post something like that about "Nazi Bush", then whoever posted it was some kind of left-wing lunatic. My comments about Obama, however, make an incisive and to-the-point post. :salute:

Indeed - 'When a leftie makes this point, they're a lunatic. But when I make the same point, I'm being incisive'.
Poor statement is poor.

gabosaurus
10-07-2016, 11:20 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1bz1ov.jpg

aboutime
10-08-2016, 06:16 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/obamdumm.jpg

How can a Clown accuse anyone else of Clowning Him? Let's ask Gabby. Proof positive with her laugh.