PDA

View Full Version : Will Trump bring down the entire GOP ticket?

gabosaurus
10-08-2016, 10:52 PM
With so many GOP strategists and apologists trying to save face in the presidential race, I wonder how many have looked down the ticket for the effect that Trump's frequent blunders and humiliations have on national and state races.

American voters as a whole are not very discerning. If they get very unhappy, they could go in and pull the straight ticket lever. Or otherwise express their displeasure by voting out even the most deserving of GOP candidates.

Look at how many GOP Congressional candidates are backpedaling at the moment. How many will lose because they are identified with the stench of Trump? It's not like he can go out and campaign for anyone.

Drummond
10-09-2016, 03:19 AM
With so many GOP strategists and apologists trying to save face in the presidential race, I wonder how many have looked down the ticket for the effect that Trump's frequent blunders and humiliations have on national and state races.

American voters as a whole are not very discerning. If they get very unhappy, they could go in and pull the straight ticket lever. Or otherwise express their displeasure by voting out even the most deserving of GOP candidates.

Look at how many GOP Congressional candidates are backpedaling at the moment. How many will lose because they are identified with the stench of Trump? It's not like he can go out and campaign for anyone.

Once he achieves the Presidency, Trump will be surrounded by an army of advisors. If in fact Trump is in any danger of 'fouling up', he'll be corrected ... I'm sure you know this.

Something that'll be fascinating to watch, notably in the forthcoming Debate between Trump and Clinton ... whether Clinton has the gall to attack Trump over the latest issue to reach the media, when you consider that her husband, and when in Office, no less, did FAR worse himself than Trump is SAID to have considered doing (... and has anyone come forward, yet, to corroborate Trump's so-called 'behaviour' from a decade plus ago ??).

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones .. I think that's how the saying goes (?).

Trump, when all's said and done, has one invaluable advantage over Clinton. He promises to save America from another term of Leftie vandalism. What more could anyone ask for ?

aboutime
10-09-2016, 06:13 PM

NOPE!Keep dreaming, and hoping for Hillary to win gabby. By the way. YOU should explain to all of us WHY the CLINTON FOUNDTATION stole so much from the Haiti Earthquake funds....and now...says nothing about Hurricane Matthew that killed about 500 CLINTON VOTERS. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/as_hundreds_die_in_haiti_hurricane_matthew_disaste r_awkward_questions_about_billions_of_dollars_clin ton_foundation_raised_to_help_it.html

Kathianne
10-09-2016, 06:17 PM
It appears that many have not read what Trump was tweeting today. It does matter, it makes clear that he and his supporters don't care about SCOTUS which has been their rallying cry for months now. He doesn't care and those that support him don't either.

gabosaurus
10-09-2016, 08:30 PM
It appears that many have not read what Trump was tweeting today. It does matter, it makes clear that he and his supporters don't care about SCOTUS which has been their rallying cry for months now. He doesn't care and those that support him don't either.

I have said all along that Trump is in this for Trump. He doesn't care about SCOTUS, conservative values, religion, the GOP or any of his supporters. Trump cares most about Trump.

Think about it. If Hillary Clinton loses, her political career is over. She loses serious face and Slick Willie's presidency is even more tainted than it was before.

If Trump loses, he walks back to his business empire like nothing ever happened. A more liberal America is OK for Trump, as long as his can still turn a profit. You think he cares about anyone who worked in his campaign? WRONG! WRONGER THAN WRONG!

sundaydriver
10-10-2016, 06:23 AM
Well, even our Republican Pa. Congressman Charlie Dent threw Trump under the bus hoping to help in his reelection, save yourself first is the motto! It sure isn't about the Constituents.

bullypulpit
10-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Well, we can only hope. Drumpf is like Von Helsing's wooden stake. It needs to be driven through the heart of the GOP.

Bilgerat
10-10-2016, 12:29 PM
I have said all along that Trump is in this for Trump. He doesn't care about SCOTUS, conservative values, religion, the GOP or any of his supporters. Trump cares most about Trump.

Think about it. If Hillary Clinton loses, her political career is over. She loses serious face and Slick Willie's presidency is even more tainted than it was before.

If Trump loses, he walks back to his business empire like nothing ever happened. A more liberal America is OK for Trump, as long as his can still turn a profit. You think he cares about anyone who worked in his campaign? WRONG! WRONGER THAN WRONG!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9e/c0/ff/9ec0ff88faa03fe31a7d334260ba71f9.jpg

fj1200
10-10-2016, 12:42 PM

Even if that happens I predict a Republican landslide in two years.

Once he achieves the Presidency, Trump will be surrounded by an army of advisors. If in fact Trump is in any danger of 'fouling up', he'll be corrected ... I'm sure you know this.

Based on exactly what evidence?

GravyBoat
10-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Trump is beloved by real Americans, so the GOP can take a screw. Because of all its Neocon RINOs, the GOP no longer has any appeal for real conservatives and real republicans. The Neocons have sold out to our country to private corporation, and the ideals of Communism and Zionism. Real Americans are fed up and would rather see the country in flaming ruins than handed over to further tyranny.

fj1200
10-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Trump is beloved by real Americans, so the GOP can take a screw. Because of all its Neocon RINOs, the GOP no longer has any appeal for real conservatives and real republicans. The Neocons have sold out to our country to private corporation, and the ideals of Communism and Zionism. Real Americans are fed up and would rather see the country in flaming ruins than handed over to further tyranny.

:confused: I'm not quite sure what to make of that but I think things will go back to some normalcy in time for the next election cycle.

pete311
10-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Trump is now waging war on GOP. Both will end up going down. Trump is a lot of things, but he's not stupid. He's playing chess and 12 moves ahead. He knows the election is lost. He's finding a way to personally win afterwards.

Kathianne
10-11-2016, 04:07 PM
:confused: I'm not quite sure what to make of that but I think things will go back to some normalcy in time for the next election cycle.

I don't. The populists are going to have the Trump party. I hope that those who want to work towards reclaiming a smaller fed, restoring checks and balances, work across party lines, etc., will come up with their own party.

There are many people that really don't fit with what the GOP has become, perhaps more that really don't agree with the DNC, however what has the GOP done in years to attract new supporters?

pete311
10-11-2016, 04:16 PM
I don't. The populists are going to have the Trump party. I hope that those who want to work towards reclaiming a smaller fed, restoring checks and balances, work across party lines, etc., will come up with their own party.

There are many people that really don't fit with what the GOP has become, perhaps more that really don't agree with the DNC, however what has the GOP done in years to attract new supporters?

When Trump loses, he's not starting a political party. Rumor is that he'll start a media company. Who will set up in Trump's place?

Kathianne
10-11-2016, 04:19 PM
When Trump loses, he's not starting a political party. Rumor is that he'll start a media company. Who will set up in Trump's place?

The GOP will be the populist party or it won't and those that want a Trump like candidate will have to form their own party. I'm pretty sure they have control though, so I'm hoping for those in disagreement to move out of that party.

pete311
10-11-2016, 04:22 PM
The GOP will be the populist party or it won't and those that want a Trump like candidate will have to form their own party. I'm pretty sure they have control though, so I'm hoping for those in disagreement to move out of that party.
If the repubs split into two parties can either expect to beat the dems again?

Kathianne
10-11-2016, 04:27 PM

Those that claim to be 'independents' agree in the most part with 'traditional' Republican political philosophy. Notice that those going for Johnson have taken more votes from Hillary? Then there are the 'other than 40-43% that voted for others than Trump.'

Before Trump, there was about 1/3 Republicans, 1/3 Democrats, 1/3 Independents.

There are 'blow it up folks' in both Republican and Democrat parties, they do not want to govern. They are populists that want what they want. This election cycle, Trump and Bernie represented the frustration this people have with the system. They do have justified complaints, but it isn't the way to govern.

bullypulpit
10-11-2016, 05:31 PM

Real Americans...? No. Drumpf supporters don't want to be governed, they want to be ruled, dictated to, told what and how to think because thinking for themselves is too taxing. They only pay lip service to the Constitution, neither knowing or caring about the content or import of that document. Drumpf supporters are not "real" conservatives or Republicans. The last of those died with William F. Buckley Jr.
"Communism" and "Zionism"...these dog whistles for racists and neo-Nazis the world over.

"Real" Americans know that the ideals you espoused in you post to be antithetical to the Constitution, the Republic and the democratic process as a whole. Reading fucktwittery such as yours gives me pause to wish that the Black Death had been significantly more thorough in the 1300's.

aboutime
10-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Real Americans...? No. Drumpf supporters don't want to be governed, they want to be ruled, dictated to, told what and how to think because thinking for themselves is too taxing. They only pay lip service to the Constitution, neither knowing or caring about the content or import of that document. Drumpf supporters are not "real" conservatives or Republicans. The last of those died with William F. Buckley Jr.
"Communism" and "Zionism"...these dog whistles for racists and neo-Nazis the world over.

"Real" Americans know that the ideals you espoused in you post to be antithetical to the Constitution, the Republic and the democratic process as a whole. Reading fucktwittery such as yours gives me pause to wish that the Black Death had been significantly more thorough in the 1300's.

Thanks so much bullypulpit. Thanks for showing all of us exactly WHAT, HOW, WHEN, and WHERE the Democrat-Liberal-Clinton's WILL TAKE US, "verbatim".....if Hillary becomes the Phony leader you want, just Like Obama. Everything you said above is EXACTLY what Hillary, and the Dems plan on doing.
Maybe you should first check for permission from the DNC, and the CLINTON campaign before you tell any more of the Planned Liberal agenda to all of us. By the way THAT BLACK DEATH you wish to occur is prevailing from your FILTHY LIPS.

bullypulpit
10-12-2016, 06:05 AM
Thanks so much bullypulpit. Thanks for showing all of us exactly WHAT, HOW, WHEN, and WHERE the Democrat-Liberal-Clinton's WILL TAKE US, "verbatim".....if Hillary becomes the Phony leader you want, just Like Obama. Everything you said above is EXACTLY what Hillary, and the Dems plan on doing.
Maybe you should first check for permission from the DNC, and the CLINTON campaign before you tell any more of the Planned Liberal agenda to all of us. By the way THAT BLACK DEATH you wish to occur is prevailing from your FILTHY LIPS.

Thou art ignorance incarnate. Your every word having, at one point or another, having been uttered by the talking heads on the alt-right. You really don't understand do you? It would be pitiable, but your ignorance is wilful, and such wilful ignorance will be the death of the Republic. Even more tragic is the fact that you and your fellow travelers will be the cause and you won't even realize it.

And if your reading comprehension had been up to the task, you would have understood that I wasn't wishing for the Black Death to happen. "Reading fucktwittery such as yours gives me pause to wish that the Black Death had been significantly more thorough in the 1300's."

fj1200
10-12-2016, 10:03 AM

The GOP has been spectacularly successful at the state level so it has a base upon which to expand. I believe the only reason hillary has any hope is because of her opponent.

Nevertheless I just don't think his ideas have legs and that there isn't really a "trump party." Oh Lord I hope.

Kathianne
10-12-2016, 01:06 PM
The GOP has been spectacularly successful at the state level so it has a base upon which to expand. I believe the only reason hillary has any hope is because of her opponent.

Nevertheless I just don't think his ideas have legs and that there isn't really a "trump party." Oh Lord I hope.

Like the schism, some things just jump out at me. The response to his message has been too strong, someone will step into the void.

bullypulpit
10-12-2016, 02:11 PM

"Spectacularly sucessful"...? Hardly. Kansas, under the guidance of Sam Brownback has cratered, as did the economy of Louisiana under Piyush "Bobby the Exorcist" Jindal. And Michigan, under Rick Snyder and the GOP dominated state legislature have invoked, multiple times, "emergency manager" law, essentially stripping cities and municipalities of the right to self-governance. It was under an "emergency manager" that the city of Flint was poisoned. And let's not forget New Jersey's bond rating being downgraded 8 times under Chris Christie. The common thread...? All GOP Gvernors, all dedicated to "trickle down" economics. "Trickle down" economics...The GOP pissing on every working Americans back and telling them that warm feeling running down between their shoulder blades is "prosperity".

fj1200
10-13-2016, 10:29 AM
"Spectacularly sucessful"...?

Yes, you can start threads on those if you like but I was referring to their control of legislatures and/or governorships in ~30ish states. The swing has been rather dramatic. The question of the thread posed in the thread is what happens next?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/04/the-remarkable-republican-takeover-of-state-legislatures-in-1-chart/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_governors

I could toss out some Democratic state horror stories but that wouldn't exactly be debate now would it?

aboutime
10-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Like the schism, some things just jump out at me. The response to his message has been too strong, someone will step into the void.

Kathianne. Pragmatically. There is no longer any opportunity for ANYONE to step into a void that doesn't exist. Remember the Republican Convention?

REPUBLICANS NOMINATED, AND VOTED IN THE PRIMARIES TO PUT TRUMP IN AS THE CANDIDATE.

There is no possible way for that VOID to exist. The ballots have been issued. PERIOD.

So. Anyone who refuses to vote for Trump, no matter who you are, and doesn't vote at all is...VOTING FOR HILLARY. A non-vote for saving this nation becomes YOUR responsibility.

Drummond
10-14-2016, 09:16 AM

Actually an interesting point.

I'd say 'yes' ... but not before a considerable time has elapsed. More than enough time for the Dems to have been in office long enough to permanently screw America up.

Those glorying in the idea of starting to vote for 'minority' candidates, from the 'reasoning' that Trump doesn't deserve support, may care to reflect on that likelihood.

And, who knows ? The lasting effect of Dem vandalism may prove so very bad that the 'split' Parties feel they have to come together again, to unite against that vandalism !!

Drummond
10-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Kathianne. Pragmatically. There is no longer any opportunity for ANYONE to step into a void that doesn't exist. Remember the Republican Convention?

REPUBLICANS NOMINATED, AND VOTED IN THE PRIMARIES TO PUT TRUMP IN AS THE CANDIDATE.

There is no possible way for that VOID to exist. The ballots have been issued. PERIOD.

So. Anyone who refuses to vote for Trump, no matter who you are, and doesn't vote at all is...VOTING FOR HILLARY. A non-vote for saving this nation becomes YOUR responsibility.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kathianne
10-14-2016, 09:21 AM

Eventually. The bottom line is that the Dems and populists want the same thing-big government. They want to change our system of government.

The numbers of folks that identify as independents, those that are finding themselves disaffected Republicans and Democrats, far outnumber both of the main party bases.