PDA

View Full Version : Johnson doesn't even know NK leaders name

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Wow, while I understand they are a reclusive nation, their leader is still a fairly common name - especially if someone plans on leading the country. :dunno:

-----

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson couldn't name the leader of North Korea

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson seems to have drawn a blank again.

In an interview with The New York Times published on Wednesday, Johnson skirted around a question about whether he could name North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un.

When asked whether he knew the name of the volatile leader, Johnson said, "I do."

When The Times pressed him further to identify the North Korean leader, Johnson appeared incredulous.

"You want me to name the person," Johnson responded, according to The Times. "Really."

Johnson may have been skittish about answering to avoid another gaffe, after two recent occasions in which he flubbed answers to foreign-policy questions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/libertarian-presidential-nominee-gary-johnson-couldnt-name-the-leader-of-north-korea-2016-10

hjmick
10-10-2016, 05:24 PM
I'd still rather he sit in The Big Chair that Trump or Clinton.

Let's look at the gaffs individually...

Aleppo. Let's be honest, if we can...

If you watch Johnson’s interview on MSNBC, it is quite clear that he wasn’t sure what his interviewers were asking, contextually, when they asked about Aleppo. When they clarified it for him, he provided an answer that was better than what Clinton and Trump have offered with regard to the Syrian crisis. And it didn’t appear the pundits were able to answer his inquiry about Aleppo without hesitating first, then all they could say was Aleppo is in Syria – the epicenter of the refugee crisis.

For some more perspective on the Aleppo "gaffe" watch this. (http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/09/08/gary-johnson-what-is-aleppo-moos-pkg.cnn)

Once the MSNBC bunch clarified what they meant, he responded:

“Well, with regard to Syria, I do think that it’s a mess. I think that the only way that we deal with Syria is to join hands with Russia to diplomatically bring that at an end. But when we’ve aligned ourselves with — when we’ve supported the opposition of the Free Syrian Army — the Free Syrian Army is also coupled with the Islamists.

“And then the fact that we’re also supporting the Kurds and this is — it’s just — it’s just a mess. And that this is the result of regime change that we end up supporting. And, inevitably, these regime changes have led a less-safe world.”

He then added:

“Well, no, I do understand Aleppo, and I understand the crisis that is going on. But when we involve ourselves militarily — when we involve ourselves in these humanitarian issues we end up — we end up with a situation that in most cases is not better, and in many cases ends up being worse.”

Nothing wrong with that response, in my opinion... (Full transcript of Gary Johnson Morning Joe interview) (http://time.com/4483779/gary-johnson-aleppo-transcript/)

He's said that he at first thought they were referring to an acronym. I get that. With all the questions and goings on, with all the interviews, countries, cities, acronyms for this and that, I can see where a man might get a little confused...

Shit, about the same time everyone was beating Johnson up about Aleppo, Hilliary made a statement that was perhaps even more ridiculous:

“We are not putting ground troops into Iraq ever again, and we’re not putting ground troops into Syria. We’re going to defeat ISIS without committing American ground troops.”

The problem? the number of American troops deployed to Iraq has been rising steadily in the past few years and will most likely continue to rise for a long time. In Syria, the U.S. has made no secret of the fact there are special operations forces on the ground now, some of whom recently came under fire from Syrian warplanes.

And somehow Johnson is unfit to be president?

Chris Matthews: Name a foreign leader you admire.

Did you watch this interview? First, Johnson pauses and seems to be giving it some thought. Then Matthews (a known a well known Hilliary and Democrat shill) starts to relentlessly hound the guy. The whole interview was a series of rapid fire questions.

Chris Matthews & Gary Johnson (http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/gary-johnson-i-m-having-an-aleppo-moment-775321667757)

How would you perform in an interview like that? I have to say, I probably wouldn't do so good...

Now there is a bit of a hullabaloo because he doesn't know which Kim Jong has his thumb on North Korea? Give me a break. There's been a Kim Jong somethingoranother ruling North Korea for how long now? I couldn't tell you which one it is now without looking it up.

Ultimately, he remains the candidate with the most governmental executive experience of all the candidates. He is better qualified for the job that either Hilliary or Trump.

And in the end, he doesn't talk about sexually assaulting women as if it was sport. As a father of three daughters I will tell you this, I don't find it funny, cute, or acceptable. Even if it was just "talk" for the sake of talking, I don't want Trump rewarded with the Presidency after hearing those comments and I sure as hell don't want him representing me or this country on the world stage with reputation he is garnering with his antics.

Kathianne
10-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Good job. I'm voting for Johnson for the simple reason he is basically for keeping government out of our personal lives. He wants smaller government in general, he's not for the US getting involved in foreign conflicts-unless they threaten the US directly (I disagree with much of his thinking on this, but it's the one area he really is Libertarian.) He is for less regulations and cutting many that are already on the books.

I do believe he'd seriously attempt to do the things he espouses, though it's not really something folks need to worry themselves about. On the other hand, I don't believe anything Hillary or Trump say. For. Good. Reason.

With that said, he's not who'd I'd normally vote for. It took this very special election and these very special candidates to get me there.

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Fwiw, I don't believe I brought Trump or Clinton into the conversation, it was an article about Johnson. :) I could have sworn we had a thread or 2 about the issues behind Hillary and Trump! :)

He may not be talking like a sailor, but he'll be doing various types of drugs and his end game would lead to drugs being more accessible to others. I'd rather the brash loudmouth than more drugs, or someone leading while high. :420: Gotta get me a marijuana edibles or concentrates for him as well.

hjmick
10-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Fwiw, I don't believe I brought Trump or Clinton into the conversation, it was an article about Johnson. :) I could have sworn we had a thread or 2 about the issues behind Hillary and Trump! :)

He may not be talking like a sailor, but he'll be doing various types of drugs and his end game would lead to drugs being more accessible to others. I'd rather the brash loudmouth than more drugs, or someone leading while high. :420: Gotta get me a marijuana edibles or concentrates for him as well.

You brought up another "gaffe", I simply addressed the new one and the two prior. I brought Clinton and Trump into the conversation in an effort to put Johnson's gaffes into some sort of context.

I know we'll never agree a candidate, but I'll still drink with you. I don't take this shit personally...

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 05:59 PM
You brought up another "gaffe", I simply addressed the new one and the two prior. I brought Clinton and Trump into the conversation in an effort to put Johnson's gaffes into some sort of context.

I know we'll never agree a candidate, but I'll still drink with you. I don't take this shit personally...

I just thought it funny my friend, after just having read someone in another thread getting upset a few times because others brought another candidate into the subject. :laugh: So you may get a lashing when said person sees the sin you have committed!

Of course we'll still share a drink, so long as you ain't voting Hillary. If you do that then I may have to spike your drink and get you arrested like in The Hangover! :thumb:

hjmick
10-10-2016, 06:01 PM
I just thought it funny my friend, after just having read someone in another thread getting upset a few times because others brought another candidate into the subject. :laugh: So you may get a lashing when said person sees the sin you have committed!

Of course we'll still share a drink, so long as you ain't voting Hillary. If you do that then I may have to spike your drink and get you arrested like in The Hangover! :thumb:

I'll take my chances...

And I'd never vote Hilliary...

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 06:04 PM
I'll take my chances...

And I'd never vote Hilliary...

Don't say I didn't warn you! Going astray of the OP is a serious offense in some parts.

Didn't follow threads over the weekend, but how did you make out through the storm? My friend said he got flooded pretty good in Charleston, still waiting on pics from him on FB.

hjmick
10-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you! Going astray of the OP is a serious offense in some parts.

Didn't follow threads over the weekend, but how did you make out through the storm? My friend said he got flooded pretty good in Charleston, still waiting on pics from him on FB.

Who the hell is taking this foolishness that seriously?

We were without power for 27 hours, but that's it. No damage, no flooding. Just one more natural disaster under my belt...

Though I think the Mrs. and I have decided we'll bug out for anything bigger than a Cat 2... Maybe...

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 06:09 PM
We were without power for 27 hours, but that's it. No damage, no flooding. Just one more natural disaster under my belt...

Though I think the Mrs. and I have decided we'll bug out for anything bigger than a Cat 2... Maybe...

Anything longer than 7 minutes and I have to go get a hotel!! LOL Can't be having no internet, no AC, no lighting... mainly no internet though. Hi, my name is Jim, and I'm an addict. :)

We have the coolest generator ever now - but have had no storms yet that have allowed us to test it. :(

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Who the hell is taking this foolishness that seriously?

Top secret and confidential. (C) <---- for Hillary supporters, that C means confidential. :)

hjmick
10-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Top secret and confidential. (C) <---- for Hillary supporters, that C means confidential. :)

G14 Classified? Got it...

Elessar
10-10-2016, 06:50 PM

(C) = Confidential
(S) = Secret...
(TS) = Top Secret
FOUO = For Official Use Only
Agency Sensitive = Do not release without permission.

All it takes is one of the (.)'ed indicators to make the whole document classified,
and only the originator can allow further release, not the recipient!

NightTrain
10-10-2016, 06:59 PM
This pretty much sums up Johnson :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NXhR41lsEJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 07:01 PM
This pretty much sums up Johnson :

Now you're gonna get it!! :coffee:

Abbey Marie
10-10-2016, 07:54 PM
I'd still rather he sit in The Big Chair that Trump or Clinton.

Let's look at the gaffs individually...

Once the MSNBC bunch clarified what they meant, he responded:

“Well, with regard to Syria, I do think that it’s a mess. I think that the only way that we deal with Syria is to join hands with Russia to diplomatically bring that at an end. But when we’ve aligned ourselves with — when we’ve supported the opposition of the Free Syrian Army — the Free Syrian Army is also coupled with the Islamists.

When we decrease military spending by 43%, you'd better believe we're going to be relying solely on diplomacy.

NightTrain
10-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Now you're gonna get it!! :coffee:

Ain't skeered. :happy0203:

fj1200
10-11-2016, 09:53 AM
He squandered a golden opportunity.