PDA

View Full Version : Border Crisis: Illegal Crossings May Be Far Higher Than Official Numbers

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 07:54 PM
And some think Trump is wrong for wanting to put a wall up and concentrate on shoring up our borders. :( Do we even know if any foreigners from places like Syria came through? Nope.

-----

Border Crisis: Illegal Crossings May Be Far Higher Than Official Numbers
Head of border patrol union says government has been 'lying to the American people'

A new Department of Homeland Security study revises and lowers the estimated success rate in stopping illegal immigrants crossing the southern border, but even that figure paints a misleading picture, according to the president of the union representing border patrol officers.

The Associated Press said last week that the report, which has not yet been made public, estimates that 54 percent of the roughly 315,000 people trying to cross the border in fiscal year 2015 succeeded. That is significantly worse than the 81 percent success rate in stopping illegal border crossings that the government officially claims.

The discrepancy is the result of differing methodology. The study’s authors did not count people who turned themselves in and then immediately applied for asylum. That number was 140,000 last year, up from 20,000 a decade ago. Counting them as illegal immigration stops makes the border appear more secure than it is. In addition, the report does not include so-called “touch-backs,” people who cross over the boundary but then run back when they see border patrol officers.

But Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, said even the new report counts as successful stops thousands of people who are briefly detained but then released because of Obama administration policies.

“We’ve refuted those numbers forever,” he said. “Being an agent myself, I know those numbers just aren’t true … It’s just disappointing that they’ve been lying to the American people for so long.”

For instance, a directive from the Department of Homeland Security requires border patrol officers to accept the word of anyone caught near the border who says he or she has been in the United States since before Jan. 1, 2014. Judd said the total number of people who fit that category, about 7,000, is small but growing rapidly as the word gets out. He said it tripled in the first six months of the policy.

Much more numerous, Judd said, are illegal immigrants who are apprehended and released with notices to appear for a hearing before an immigration judge — only to disappear into the interior of the country. He said as many as 80 percent fail to show for court hearings to adjudicate their legal residency status.

Judd said the share of illegal immigrants who make it to America probably is closer to 75 percent when counting illegal immigrants who abscond or are simply allowed to go free without even getting a notice to appear.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/half-illegal-border-crossings-may-successful/

gabosaurus
10-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Strange how no one ever worried about border crossings and illegal aliens before Obama became president. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Strange how no one ever worried about border crossings and illegal aliens before Obama became president. :rolleyes:

Ok, since you only came here in 2007, and Obama became president in 2008.... you're just trolling. #1, you have no clue, as you weren't with any and/or the majority of us. And those of us that DO know one another... the right has been against and has had a problem with illegal immigration for a LONG time. This was even an issue with GWB, as he too didn't properly enforce our laws and let far too many go back into the public once caught.

Unless I'm speaking out of turn here, and you can show where shit was posted and no one cared about it back before we knew you? Methinks you are once AGAIN just making up shit you are clueless about.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-10-2016, 09:34 PM

Bullshit- I raised holy hell about at the previous forum I left to start again here, the entire time that Bush did not build a wall and seal our border as he was obligated by his Oath of Office to do.
I cursed him and called him just about every damn foul name in the damn book for that.
I neither bend nor break my principles for no man... He got no damn pass from me!! -Tyr

gabosaurus
10-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Ok, since you only came here in 2007, and Obama became president in 2008.... you're just trolling. #1, you have no clue, as you weren't with any and/or the majority of us.

In case you don't remember, I joined USMB in 2003. I was "blonde by the bay" at one point. I had a screen name before that, but I don't remember it.

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 09:48 PM
In case you don't remember, I joined USMB in 2003. I was "blonde by the bay" at one point. I had a screen name before that, but I don't remember it.

Nice try, not on my board you were not. And certainly not when you say, but I'll let you dig yourself deeper before exposing why. :)

Elessar
10-10-2016, 09:51 PM

I've known about it since we were intercepting them off San Diego 25 years ago.

You're just making shit up again Gabby.

Who has blocked this latest effort to secure the border? Obama has.
You must like your illegal alien gardener and painters.
Typical Orange County liberal. Put your kids to work with a mower or paintbrush.

gabosaurus
10-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Nice try, not on my board you were not. And certainly not when you say, but I'll let you dig yourself deeper before exposing why. :)

I was on USMB. Please tell me why I was not. I would love to know.

jimnyc
10-10-2016, 09:58 PM
I was on USMB. Please tell me why I was not. I would love to know.

Then give us a link to your account or accounts over there - besides the one with your current user name, which you started over there with in Feb 2007. Once you give us that link, we can then easily find these comments you speak of.

gabosaurus
10-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Then give us a link to your account or accounts over there - besides the one with your current user name, which you started over there with in Feb 2007. Once you give us that link, we can then easily find these comments you speak of.

I didn't start there in Feb. 2007. I started the name "gabosaurus" there in 2007. I know this board resets to Jan. of 2007. I don't remember the reason, but I know the DP had to start over. Which is why all the original members "joined" in Jan. or Feb. of 2007.

I found my introduction post from when I registered the gabosaurus name in 2007. It references my previous user name.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/new-introductions.47200/#post-532341

jimnyc
10-11-2016, 06:18 AM
I didn't start there in Feb. 2007. I started the name "gabosaurus" there in 2007. I know this board resets to Jan. of 2007. I don't remember the reason, but I know the DP had to start over. Which is why all the original members "joined" in Jan. or Feb. of 2007.

I found my introduction post from when I registered the gabosaurus name in 2007. It references my previous user name.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/new-introductions.47200/#post-532341

Ummm yes, you did. You started there in 2/2007. There IS NO other account, you must have come there from elsewhere - otherwise you would simply link us to this account you speak of, and posts you speak of. Nothing "resets". I simply started and owned that board from 2003-2007, and that's when you joined. Then I started this place, and some members followed. Nothing was reset. You are simply making shit up, or forgetting. But if I'm wrong, it's VERY EASY to prove so by simply linking to this/these accounts and posts from 2004 you speak of. In fact, it looks like you may have actually joined USMB AFTER I even sold it.

We'll all await links. Considering I checked already, you can save your time, but go ahead and search over there for these "claims" of yours.

jimnyc
10-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Ummm yes, you did. You started there in 2/2007. There IS NO other account, you must have come there from elsewhere - otherwise you would simply link us to this account you speak of, and posts you speak of. Nothing "resets". I simply started and owned that board from 2003-2007, and that's when you joined. Then I started this place, and some members followed. Nothing was reset. You are simply making shit up, or forgetting. But if I'm wrong, it's VERY EASY to prove so by simply linking to this/these accounts and posts from 2004 you speak of. In fact, it looks like you may have actually joined USMB AFTER I even sold it.

We'll all await links. Considering I checked already, you can save your time, but go ahead and search over there for these "claims" of yours.

Btw, just noticed you are also from San Francisco. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
10-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Btw, just noticed you are also from San Francisco. :laugh2:

If you don't remember why I lived in San Francisco, then your memory is officially corrupt and can no longer be trusted. :cool:

jimnyc
10-11-2016, 11:15 AM
If you don't remember why I lived in San Francisco, then your memory is officially corrupt and can no longer be trusted. :cool:

I honestly couldn't care less, hence the laughing smiley. But I am still interested in links to your old account you claim you had there, or any of these posts you claim were made.

jimnyc
10-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Hating to do this, as I hate going back to that place... but I'm there and there is NO account with the name you claim - only "gabosaurus" which joined in 2/2007. But I'll STILL give you another opportunity, maybe I'm just spelling it wrong. But again, you found your other account so easy, just simply link the other the same way - and then I'll do the hard work and find the posts you claim that folks from DP somehow made to you in 2004.

gabosaurus
10-11-2016, 08:50 PM
I posted on other forums as "gabriella84" and "gabriella02." Perhaps I used one of those names. I am not sure how far back USMB goes.
I do remember Mr. P making a thread about wanting me banned. I believe Merlin (RIP) made one as well.
Those were the good one days when 5 String Jeff and Sir Evil posted regularly. Obviously they both have better things to do now.