PDA

View Full Version : Another great article on Trump

Abbey Marie
10-12-2016, 02:20 PM
And why a Christian woman, even the victim of sexual abuse, should vote for him.

https://kellyquelette.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/why-im-voting-for-donald-trump/

jimnyc
10-12-2016, 02:28 PM
And why a Christian woman, even the victim of sexual abuse, should vote for him.

Excellent!!!!

Posting this portion:

That being said, these are what I believe are the real issues (in terms of the ELECTION).

National Security – Hillary wants open borders. Are you kidding me? In our lifetime, we have been attacked by terrorists FROM OTHER COUNTRIES. Multiple times. Do I think building a wall on the Mexico border is a little dramatic? Yes. Do I want all the Mexicans out of our country? NO. America is a great place. I understand that tons of people want to live here, and I hope that we can continue to provide that opportunity for people legally. My heart breaks for the refugee crisis in Syria. It truly does. But I don’t think it’s unfair to screen who we allow into our country. Especially when they are coming from a part of the world that is home to radical terrorist groups. Ones that openly hate our country. I am not voting for the President of Mexico or the President of Syria or the President of a non-profit organization – I am voting for the President of AMERICA. Donald Trump wants to protect AMERICANS – no matter what race you are. No matter what gender. On the other hand, Hillary, wants to allow anyone and everyone into our country, regardless of the danger she could be putting her own people in. It is not that I don’t want to help people. If you know me, you know my heart breaks for people around the world who live in far worse situations that I will ever have to face. I have been to these places. I have seen it with my own eyes. BUT if we compromise who we are as a nation, and continue to weaken our borders, we will not be able to help anymore. We will not have a safe place to welcome refugees. We will not have opportunities for better lives for immigrants. By protecting AMERICA – we are actually moving more quickly in a direction to keep the world a safer place too. This also includes gun laws. I do think that the screening process should be more intense when you go to buy a gun. But taking guns out of the hands of Americans leaves us completely helpless. People who use guns for the wrong reasons are CRIMINALS. They do not care about laws. They only thing that will change if you take away our guns is that criminals will continue to buy them illegally and more of us will probably die, because we won’t be able to defend ourselves.

Economic Stability – Donald Trump is a businessman, not a politician. He did not pay taxes under legal provisions. He did not pay people who did not do good work. If he becomes President, America will be his business. He will conduct trades and make deals that benefit US. As he should. Because when you are the President – AMERICA is your job. Not the rest of the world. Hillary has made lots of promises that sound great, but they all require MORE TAXES. And yes, a lot of them are on the wealthy, which sounds fair…but guess what? MOST of those wealthy people have gotten to where they are because they worked hard and used smart business practices. And also, those wealthy people are usually successful business people who EMPLOY other people. So by penalizing them, you are not helping anyone. You are taking more money out of the hands of American people and putting more money in the hands of the government.

SUPREME COURT – this is probably the biggest reason I am voting for Donald Trump. Whoever the next President is will likely nominate FIVE Supreme Court judges. FIVE. Even if you hate Donald Trump & everything about him – if you generally identify with conservative policies, then this is CRUCIAL. Whoever is put in those positions will affect the future of our country even more than whoever serves the next four years as President. It’s possible that America would NEVER recover from a 7-2 Democratic majority. We NEED to keep Republicans in the Supreme Court who will uphold the Constitution.

Pro-Life – this is plain and simple. The amount of abortions in our country is horrifying. Hillary believes that even minutes before delivery, a baby does not have constitutional rights. That is absolutely absurd. Babies are born as early as 22 weeks and survive. If you are passionate about any other social issue in America, this should be important to you. Hillary can talk about other social issues all she wants, but her views on abortion show how little she values human life. Period.

There are obviously more issues than these 4. But these are the 4 issues that, in my opinion, will most drastically affect the future of our country. We HAVE to step back and look at the bigger picture. I refuse to be distracted by the social issues that the media continues to put in the forefront of the coverage of this election.

Kathianne
10-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Well reasoned, can't fault her. I just disagree that we must agree that we have to vote for one of two unacceptable candidates. I can vote for another and will. If I knew my vote would elect Hillary or Trump, my individual vote, I'd still not be able to choose. I fear they are bad for both different and similar reasons.

jimnyc
10-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Well reasoned, can't fault her. I just disagree that we must agree that we have to vote for one of two unacceptable candidates. I can vote for another and will. If I knew my vote would elect Hillary or Trump, my individual vote, I'd still not be able to choose. I fear they are bad for both different and similar reasons.

I think we can reasonably disagree on many things. I think the one thing that hits home in there - is that - this year at least - one of them IS going to be elected our president. I'm not diminishing other candidates or debating anything really, just pointing out something she wrote that simply won't change this year. Maybe in 4 years, that would be cool, but for now, especially this far into the elections season, it's simply a fact at this point that one of these 2 are going to win the election. Someone voting their conscience and what not - doesn't make them wrong in any way, that's not what I'm saying. I've done it before, I would be a hypocrite. But THIS year, as it stands now, its just simple math at this point. If it wasn't Hillary, I would probably vote for Fred Thompson as a write in. :) But this particular year, the devil herself is running.

Kathianne
10-12-2016, 02:39 PM

I think we can reasonably disagree on many things. I think the one thing that hits home in there - is that - this year at least - one of them IS going to be elected our president. I'm not diminishing other candidates or debating anything really, just pointing out something she wrote that simply won't change this year. Maybe in 4 years, that would be cool, but for now, especially this far into the elections season, it's simply a fact at this point that one of these 2 are going to win the election. Someone voting their conscience and what not - doesn't make them wrong in any way, that's not what I'm saying. I've done it before, I would be a hypocrite. But THIS year, as it stands now, its just simple math at this point. If it wasn't Hillary, I would probably vote for Fred Thompson as a write in. :) But this particular year, the devil herself is running.

We just disagree, but I'll still respect you tomorrow and even Nov. 9th. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-12-2016, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;836319]

We just disagree, but I'll still respect you tomorrow and even Nov. 9th. :laugh2:

I love it when we all get along! ;)

fj1200
10-13-2016, 11:10 AM

All great reasons to vote against hillary... but not necessarily the opposite.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2016, 11:36 AM
All great reasons to vote against hillary... but not necessarily the opposite.

Do you know another even remotely possible way to keep her out of the Oval Office? I'm all ears.

fj1200
10-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Do you know another even remotely possible way to keep her out of the Oval Office? I'm all ears.

I fear she'll have an easy road at this point but it doesn't mean the other main choice is much better.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2016, 12:57 PM
I told you all to vote for Rubio.

fj1200
10-13-2016, 01:01 PM

I, for one, heeded your words. :thumb:

jimnyc
10-13-2016, 01:26 PM

We could have all went with the "better" choice in the 7% guy, who can't even have a rally as he's obviously too stoned and has such little support. :laugh: