PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 100,000 Pennsylvania Voters Switch From Democrat To Republican

jimnyc
10-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Nearly 100,000 Pennsylvania Voters Switch From Democrat To Republican

HARRISBURG (KDKA) – Nearly 100,000 Pennsylvania Democrats have switched to Republican since the beginning of the year.

What’s more: The Pennsylvania Republican party says more than 240-thousand new voters have joined the party since last November.

The state Republican party says that the surge in Republican registrations is nearly twice the number of newly registered Republicans compared to both the 2008 and 2012 numbers combined.

The party says the new numbers come from the Pennsylvania Department of State which shows that 97,607 Democrats have actually switched to Republican.

Numbers also show that 38,020 Republicans actually switched to Democrats.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/10/12/nearly-100000-pennsylvania-voters-switch-from-democrat-to-republican/

Abbey Marie
10-13-2016, 04:28 PM
I can't help but wonder if the BLM movement had an impact on this? It seems to me that some formerly sympathetic folks feel that things have gone too far, with the cop killings and protests. We are all so polarized now, and perhaps the silent "majority" non-city folks are getting riled up, too. Other than Philly and the surrounding burbs (and maybe Pittsburgh?), Pennsylvania is probably a pretty laid back and conservative state. I think it is also true that people see Trump's message on jobs as a positive one.

jimnyc
10-13-2016, 04:33 PM
I can't help but wonder if the BLM movement had an impact on this? It seems to me that some formerly sympathetic folks feel that things have gone too far, with the cop killings and protests. We are all so polarized now, and perhaps the silent "majority" non-city folks are getting riled up, too. Other than Philly and the surrounding burbs (and maybe Pittsburgh?), Pennsylvania is probably a pretty laid back and conservative state. I think it is also true that people see Trump's message on jobs as a positive one.

No doubt. A LOT of folks are fed up with the riots/protests that get violent and such. Trump is promising to be the law enforcement candidate. Let them protest as much as they like, but the majority of it turns out to be harmful in some way. Some don't seem capable of protesting without getting violent or damaging and burning shit down.

Elessar
10-13-2016, 04:50 PM

People do switch sides, but I have to agree that the BLM and Occupy Movements have stirred a bit of
passion in folks. Especially since this present mis-administration did not do jack shit about either one,
but encouraged them.

Neighborhoods torn up, looted, burned. Cops and Fire Dept pelted with all sorts of junk. Public property
damaged and destroyed. Yeah....that Cop car is public property, paid for through taxes.

Obama did nothing to quell any of this, and through his silence actually encouraged it. I guess that
is what a 'Community Organizer does.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2016, 04:58 PM
People do switch sides, but I have to agree that the BLM and Occupy Movements have stirred a bit of
passion in folks. Especially since this present mis-administration did not do jack shit about either one,
but encouraged them.

Neighborhoods torn up, looted, burned. Cops and Fire Dept pelted with all sorts of junk. Public property
damaged and destroyed. Yeah....that Cop car is public property, paid for through taxes.

Obama did nothing to quell any of this, and through his silence actually encouraged it. I guess that
is what a 'Community Organizer does.

Yup. Not to mention the people involved in some way in the movement who he did and did not invite to the WH. Sends a powerful message.