PDA

View Full Version : Female vote is the decisive factor

gabosaurus
10-14-2016, 11:03 AM
We are women, hear us roar! :cool:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-women-are-defeating-donald-trump/

But while we’re in something of a wait-and-see mode, one demographic split caught my eye. That was from a Public Religion Research Institute poll conducted on behalf of The Atlantic. It showed a massive gender split, with Clinton trailing Trump by 11 percentage points among men but leading him by 33 points among women.

Elessar
10-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Right, Gabby...Right.

But what side do you believe?

The side of unfounded rumor and allegation?

Or the side of PROVEN Fact?

SassyLady
10-14-2016, 02:51 PM
I am woman ..... hear me roar ..... anyone but Clinton.

aboutime
10-14-2016, 07:22 PM
My apologies to any of our Lady members here. But I would like gabby to explain, why I feel she acts, talks, and looks like.....http://icansayit.com/images/rosyo.jpg

As the certified Troll gabby is here on DP. Does anyone find her as unlikable as HILARY too?

Trigg
10-14-2016, 08:27 PM
I will never vote for Hillary

Abbey Marie
10-14-2016, 09:51 PM

Never indeed.

Kaimhel
10-14-2016, 10:32 PM

Neither will I. :salute:

Kathianne
10-15-2016, 12:09 AM
That's 4 of us.

Drummond
10-15-2016, 03:34 AM
That's 4 of us.

-- Indeed ?

SassyLady. Trigg. Abbey. Kaimhel. I make that four.

Are you saying there isn't (.. to this point ..) a 5th ... ?

SassyLady
10-15-2016, 03:39 AM
-- Indeed ?

SassyLady. Trigg. Abbey. Kaimhel. I make that four.

Are you saying there isn't (.. to this point ..) a 5th ... ?

I'm not positive but perhaps Kaimhel isn't a female. That would indeed make 4 females who are not voting Clinton. And, not voting Clinton doesn't necessarily mean voting for Trump.

Drummond
10-15-2016, 03:48 AM
I'm not positive but perhaps Kaimhel isn't a female. That would indeed make 4 females who are not voting Clinton. And, not voting Clinton doesn't necessarily mean voting for Trump.

... ah. Thanks for that ... I thought Kaimhel was / is female. Who's the 4th, then, if that's true ?

I know that not voting Clinton doesn't have to mean voting for Trump. Although, that's questionable, since the only contender with any realistic chance of defeating Clinton, is, of course, Trump !

So if a vote instead goes to a more 'fringe' candidate, for example a Libertarian one, this weakens the side which has the true chance of defeating her. It essentially translates into a vote for Clinton, by default.

SassyLady
10-15-2016, 04:04 AM
... ah. Thanks for that ... I thought Kaimhel was / is female. Who's the 4th, then, if that's true ?

I know that not voting Clinton doesn't have to mean voting for Trump. Although, that's questionable, since the only contender with any realistic chance of defeating Clinton, is, of course, Trump !

So if a vote instead goes to a more 'fringe' candidate, for example a Libertarian one, this weakens the side which has the true chance of defeating her. It essentially translates into a vote for Clinton, by default.

Me, Abby, Trigg and Kathianne.

If a candidate is already so far down with electoral votes, as is Trump, the popular vote won't matter.

I'm an Independent and McMullin might get my vote.

It may sound nuts, but an analysis at FiveThirtyEight (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/) lays out the longshot scenario of how the nation's next president could be ... Evan McMullin. As Benjamin Morris writes, the chances of the independent candidate claiming the White House "are slim, not none." And it's all about Utah: A traditional Mormon conservative, McMullin has positioned himself as an alternative to Trump—and that may be a winning strategy in his home state, where Trump has acknowledged a "tremendous problem" rallying support, per the Deseret News (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all). If McMullin snatches Utah's six electoral votes, he could prevent any candidate from collecting the 270 electoral votes required to win. In that situation, the election would be decided in Congress, opening up the chance for McMullin.

With many House Republicans turning their back on Trump of late, it's possible they'd choose McMullin over the man atop their party's ticket. (Morris lays out in detail the convoluted process in the House and Senate that could conceivably put him over the top.) You'd be forgiven for not recognizing the name—only 52% of Utahans know who McMullin is, based on a recent state poll. (The former CIA officer's bio is here (https://www.evanmcmullin.com/about_evan).) Still, McMullin was polling at 22% in the state—ahead of Gary Johnson and trailing the deadlocked Clinton and Trump by just four percentage points. With residents in what one BYU professor describes as a "full-scale revolt" against Trump, there's a real possibility McMullin can take the state, especially if he secures Mitt Romney's endorsement. Read the full analysis here (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/).

Kathianne
10-15-2016, 04:14 AM

If a candidate is already so far down with electoral votes, as is Trump, the popular vote won't matter.

Is McMullin on AZ ballot? If so, might join you on that.

I don't get how voting for a bad candidate of one party, somehow is better than the bad candidate of the other. When there's no great candidate to vote for, one that at least appears to be of decent character is the best one can do.

Drummond
10-15-2016, 04:18 AM

Well, I'm sticking by my conclusion. Whoever this 'McMullin' is, I doubt very much that s/he has any chance at all of beating the Dems to become President.

Regardless of how Trump is doing right this minute, the fact remains that only he has any realistic chance of depriving Clinton of the White House. So ... to deprive Trump of the means of succeeding, DOES, by default, translate into a Hillary win.

We all know that. In knowing ... and in doing that ... well, judge for yourself how complicit that would make non-Trump voters in her consequent victory.

Elessar
10-15-2016, 11:22 AM

Easy Sassy...

She is a sweet young lady and my best friend.

Elessar
10-15-2016, 11:24 AM

Kai is a sweet young lady...definately female! My best friend.

SassyLady
10-15-2016, 12:18 PM

I don't get how voting for a bad candidate of one party, somehow is better than the bad candidate of the other. When there's no great candidate to vote for, one that at least appears to be of decent character is the best one can do.

He's not on early ballot (just got it today) and don't know if he'll be on ballot on election day. According to website he's registered in Arizona so a write in should work.

Kathianne
10-15-2016, 12:20 PM
He's not on early ballot (just got it today) and don't know if he'll be on ballot on election day. According to website he's registered in Arizona so a write in should work.

Yep, that's what I found last night. Going to read his issues, then can decide which hits more of mine, him or Johnson.

I've no doubt that several of those in the primaries were closer to my views, but I could force myself to vote for Cruz when he was the last chance for me. Now I'll have to choose among those not on D or R tickets for President.

SassyLady
10-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Easy Sassy...

She is a sweet young lady and my best friend.

Just not wanting to make assumptions like Drummond, thus my statement of not being positive. This thread is first time I've read anything by your friend. Glad to have another female on board to balance all the testosterone here. Welcome Kaihmel.:thumb:

SassyLady
10-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Yep, that's what I found last night. Going to read his issues, then can decide which hits more of mine, him or Johnson.

I've no doubt that several of those in the primaries were closer to my views, but I could force myself to vote for Cruz when he was the last chance for me. Now I'll have to choose among those not on D or R tickets for President.

I like his resume.

Elessar
10-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Just not wanting to make assumptions like Drummond, thus my statement of not being positive. This thread is first time I've read anything by your friend. Glad to have another female on board to balance all the testosterone here. Welcome Kaihmel.:thumb:

She is really a great person, yet will stand her ground as strongly as most anyone.

SassyLady
10-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Well, I'm sticking by my conclusion. Whoever this 'McMullin' is, I doubt very much that s/he has any chance at all of beating the Dems to become President.

Regardless of how Trump is doing right this minute, the fact remains that only he has any realistic chance of depriving Clinton of the White House. So ... to deprive Trump of the means of succeeding, DOES, by default, translate into a Hillary win.

We all know that. In knowing ... and in doing that ... well, judge for yourself how complicit that would make non-Trump voters in her consequent victory.

I won't not vote but every time I think about voting for Trump (don't ever think about Clinton) I literally become ill.

When I clean up vomit or dog poop I gag and almost throw up, but I do it anyway because it needs to get done. Or get someone else to do it. This election feels the same way.

fj1200
10-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Right, Gabby...Right.

But what side do you believe?

The side of unfounded rumor and allegation?

Or the side of PROVEN Fact?

The gender gap is kind of an actual thing going back 20 years or so...

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/yrapy5en8uac2mtzucavrw.gif

Doesn't appear that he is. His best shot is Utah and a 12th Amendment election. Here's to hoping.