PDA

View Full Version : 538 & Nate Silver

jimnyc
10-14-2016, 03:51 PM
For those who trash other sites and then come here and use this site to project the election and post stories (Gabby and Bully). I thought this was a valid site based on what was said, and was dumb enough to believe those comments.

I had no idea that Nate was a far left leaning liberal. Hell, he has admitted his comments and stuff are partisan. The more articles posted (here and elsewhere), the more I felt like I was reading liberal crap over and over. Then I noticed the extreme lack of coverage when it comes to Hillary. Then I investigated and realized I was reading yet another left leaning site. At least he admits to being biased. But at least now I know to read better, and then laugh harder when some try to claim this as some great site to refer to and how they're balanced. They're mostly crap.

Elessar
10-14-2016, 07:08 PM
There were / are a couple equally as bad if not worse:

Move On and Democratic Underground.

Never forget ACORN, either!

bullypulpit
10-15-2016, 06:43 AM
For those who trash other sites and then come here and use this site to project the election and post stories (Gabby and Bully). I thought this was a valid site based on what was said, and was dumb enough to believe those comments.

I had no idea that Nate was a far left leaning liberal. Hell, he has admitted his comments and stuff are partisan. The more articles posted (here and elsewhere), the more I felt like I was reading liberal crap over and over. Then I noticed the extreme lack of coverage when it comes to Hillary. Then I investigated and realized I was reading yet another left leaning site. At least he admits to being biased. But at least now I know to read better, and then laugh harder when some try to claim this as some great site to refer to and how they're balanced. They're mostly crap.

C'mon Jimmy...You got ANY evidence of bias on the part of 538.com with regards to their polliing? I mean besides the self-referencing trolls on the alt-right web?

You only wish 538.com was a biased as you paint them to be. But then, reality does have a decidedly librul bias.

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 07:08 AM
C'mon Jimmy...You got ANY evidence of bias on the part of 538.com with regards to their polliing? I mean besides the self-referencing trolls on the alt-right web?

You only wish 538.com was a biased as you paint them to be. But then, reality does have a decidedly librul bias.

Nate himself admits to being left leaning partisan, exactly as I wrote above, read their wiki write up or do a search.

"Nate has commented himself that he is a Democrat and that his comments are partisan."

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 07:09 AM
Why do you ignore the threads I always create about executive orders, bully? Hell, you should have even gotten a notification about the last one, which you'll deny you got. Easier to ignore the hard stuff - because then you would have to lie or make lame excuses if you actually replied!

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 07:15 AM

It's difficult to find any more evidence than the man that some post about here, Nate Silver, stating HE is biased himself, and that's who some post about - including you. Once the man admits he is biased - he's done.

bullypulpit
10-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Nate himself admits to being left leaning partisan, exactly as I wrote above, read their wiki write up or do a search.

"Nate has commented himself that he is a Democrat and that his comments are partisan."

Comments...yes. Polling data..No. Yer losin' yer edge Jimmy. You used to be sharper than that.

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 05:54 PM

Comments...yes. Polling data..No. Yer losin' yer edge Jimmy. You used to be sharper than that.

I believe I was speaking about his writing and comments. Who's losing their edge - aka - ability to read before frothing at the mouth and replying?