PDA

View Full Version : Proxy servers

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Anyone else here use them, or "claim" to use them? Does anyone else here know the easiest way to tell if someone is using a proxy server or not? It's quite easy to catch the liars.

gabosaurus
10-15-2016, 10:47 AM
I use a proxy server. I cheat on my IP address. I use Ad-Block Plus.
I am the Hillary Clinton of the internet. :salute:

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 10:49 AM

Not now you don't, you most certainly do not, and it's quite easily proven. LIAR.

Just give me permission to post partial IP addresses that you use and what not - and I'll prove it for the whole board to see - that you LIE about your location. Do I have your permission to post such things and prove you a liar? You have NOTHING to hide, as supposedly this is a proxy server, so nothing to risk, right?

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 10:54 AM
I just tested a particular IP address via 2 tools I own myself, and via 4 websites that will reach out to an IP address and analyze and determine if it's a proxy server or not.

It's not.

It's simply 100% confirmed as being home owned internet access from the provider mentioned.

crin63
10-15-2016, 11:04 AM
I use a VPN and ad blocker plus. I have to disable my VPN to get on here otherwise, it blocks me.

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 11:07 AM
I use a VPN and ad blocker plus. I have to disable my VPN to get on here otherwise, it blocks me.

I used ad blocker as well, but that won't affect one's IP address. A VPN will of course, or going through a proxy - but they won't disguise themselves as the neighbors home internet service! LOL

gabosaurus
10-15-2016, 11:15 AM
If you believe that I have concocted an elaborate system just to deceive a handful of people posting on a message board, you are more egocentric than I thought.
I have stated several times how and why our internet works the way it does. I am not going into it again.

Jim, if you want to muzzle or ban liberals because you are upset about the election, go ahead. It's your board. You can do anything you want. No need to make excuses for it.

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 11:21 AM
If you believe that I have concocted an elaborate system just to deceive a handful of people posting on a message board, you are more egocentric than I thought.
I have stated several times how and why our internet works the way it does. I am not going into it again.

Jim, if you want to muzzle or ban liberals because you are upset about the election, go ahead. It's your board. You can do anything you want. No need to make excuses for it.

There is absolutely nothing elaborate about it.

So YES or NO - can I use your IP address to PROVE this??? If it IS a proxy, you have nothing to worry about...

Elessar
10-15-2016, 12:08 PM
If I had access to ISP's here, I have 3 former tools I used as an owner of a board where I
could find a proxy.

A proxy can be spread out, but give me a hit on two of the three, I'll nail you.

NightTrain
10-15-2016, 04:25 PM
She's not on a proxy. She didn't even know that the word existed until Tailfins clued her in, not that he knew a damn thing about it either.

jimnyc
10-15-2016, 04:58 PM
She's not on a proxy. She didn't even know that the word existed until Tailfins clued her in, not that he knew a damn thing about it either.

Dummy thinks I'm trying to get rid of her when I could have done that at any time. More like I enjoy pointing out her non-stop lies.

hjmick
10-15-2016, 05:09 PM
I don't care.

Gunny
10-15-2016, 07:44 PM
I've blocked my own IP.
I can laugh.:laugh:

aboutime
10-15-2016, 08:02 PM

Gabby. Most of us knew you were a proxy for Hillary, and it's funny how you come here to flatter yourself...pretending to be the smartest dummy in the room...and it works for you.

By the way. Guess you think all of us out here are as dumb as you...like dirt. If you were using a proxy anything...it would be the brain you stole, and called it your own.

The only salute you deserve, comes within a CONDOM.

Gunny
10-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Gabby. Most of us knew you were a proxy for Hillary, and it's funny how you come here to flatter yourself...pretending to be the smartest dummy in the room...and it works for you.

By the way. Guess you think all of us out here are as dumb as you...like dirt. If you were using a proxy anything...it would be the brain you stole, and called it your own.

The only salute you deserve, comes within a CONDOM.

Now THAT's funny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

aboutime
10-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Now THAT's funny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks Gunny. "Just the facts....that's all we need to shut them down!"