PDA

View Full Version : Ask me ANYTHING...

darin
01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Really. Go ahead. I promise HONEST answers. :)

If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you were to find it.

OCA
01-30-2007, 03:44 PM

Do you like seeing stinky hippies and freebirds in the NW all the time? I know I sure didn't, they were always dirty and wreaked!

The ClayTaurus
01-30-2007, 03:44 PM
What is the price of a jar of peanut butter in China?

TheSage
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM

This may be personal, but I'm being sincere. I remember you used to seem more unahappy with mary and more complaining and stuff. what did you do to improve it? Did she change? Did you ? what's your secret to success?

Mr. P
01-30-2007, 03:49 PM

I would never intentionally embarrass the intellectually challenged by doing such a thing! :no:

darin
01-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Do you like seeing stinky hippies and freebirds in the NW all the time? I know I sure didn't, they were always dirty and wreaked!

I hate it. When I see them I think of the failures of Society. I'm out-numbered. We even have one as Governoress. :(

What is the price of a jar of peanut butter in China?

I don't know. I'll ask around

This may be personal, but I'm being sincere. I remember you used to seem more unahappy with mary and more complaining and stuff. what did you do to improve it? Did she change? Did you ? what's your secret to success?

I never really meant to complain - but just state facts. In a nutshell, she stopped being Crazy.

We BOTH reduced the amount of self - We increased the amount of interdependence. We started following BIBLICAL examples of how a marriage should be. I started 'husbanding'. When She does something crazy, my first reaction USED to be 'That horrible woman. That hurts me!" Now, through a LOT of prayer and a lot of guidance from EJY, my thought is "Darin? Do you have GRACE for her? Can you forgive her?"

Shit like that. :)

I would never intentionally embarrass the intellectually challenged by doing such a thing! :no:

And you're a better man for it :)

5stringJeff
01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
What would you call a person who spends hundreds of dollars attempting to boost the horsepower in his commuter car? :D

Mr. P
01-30-2007, 06:37 PM
What would you call a person who spends hundreds of dollars attempting to boost the horsepower in his commuter car? :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

darin
01-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Boost his horsepower? Or make the manufacturer deliver a properly-running engine in his commuter car?

Boosting the HP by spending 'hundreds' - I'd call that person an ethusiast - trying to make the best out of what he can afford.

Making the Auto Maker deliver a properly-running car? I'd call that person fiscally-responsible.

5stringJeff
01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Boost his horsepower? Or make the manufacturer deliver a properly-running engine in his commuter car?

Boosting the HP by spending 'hundreds' - I'd call that person an ethusiast - trying to make the best out of what he can afford.

Making the Auto Maker deliver a properly-running car? I'd call that person fiscally-responsible.

OK, enthusiast. :D

darin
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
OK, enthusiast. :D

But I haven't spent hundreds of dollars trying to boost my car's horsepower. I've spent about $1000 going for 'sound' (exhaust) and effeciency (intake). I've spent $700 on suspension-bits so it corners 'better' and junk. :)

If I want to boost my car's horsepower enough to feel it, I'd need to spend THOUSANDS.

Not worth it, IMO.

Roomy
01-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Do you consider yourself a success?

Grumplestillskin
01-31-2007, 05:48 AM
Did Jesus and Mary Magdelene bonk?

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Why do you drive on a parkway but park in a driveway?

Why is kidnapping a federal offense while catnapping is an enjoyable pasttime?

Why do the British never sound British when they sing?

If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

darin
01-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Do you consider yourself a success?

Not yet - probably never. There's nothing I can do to become successfull in the BIG picture. I'll have God-granted 'little' successful moments, I hope. :)

darin
01-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Did Jesus and Mary Magdelene bonk?

Not a chance. :)

KitchenKitten99
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
ok, here's a question: What does the 'YKK' on a zipper pull stand for?

darin
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
ok, here's a question: What does the 'YKK' on a zipper pull stand for?

It's the initials of the company: Yoshida Kōgyō Kabushiki-kaisha

Their slogan: "Little Parts, Big Difference"

JimmyAteWorld
02-01-2007, 12:42 PM

How ya been?

darin
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
How ya been?

hey Brotha! :)

I've been Great! Up-Days and bad days. Days where I feel sorry for myself. Days when I'm proud to be an American.

:D

The ClayTaurus
02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
hey Brotha! :)

I've been Great! Up-Days and bad days. Days where I feel sorry for myself. Days when I'm proud to be an American.

:DWhy do you feel sorry for yourself?

darin
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Why do you feel sorry for yourself?

Sometimes I feel I 'desreve' stuff. 100% happiness. An Easy Life. The 10" sausage I've been burdened/blessed with...(sigh)....

5stringJeff
02-01-2007, 12:58 PM
The 10" sausage I've been burdened/blessed with...(sigh)....

Well, that should be finished by the end of breakfast...

darin
02-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Well, that should be finished by the end of breakfast...

Indeed - mary's consuming it now...as we speak

:wank:

CockySOB
02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Sometimes I feel I 'desreve' stuff. 100% happiness. An Easy Life. The 10" sausage I've been burdened/blessed with...(sigh)....

Flip the ruler over - you're currently looking at the metric rather than english figures. That'd be 10 cm. :lol:

darin
02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Flip the ruler over - you're currently looking at the metric rather than english figures. That'd be 10 cm. :lol:

:D Yup - 10cm...in DIAMETER ;)

CockySOB
02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
:D Yup - 10cm...in DIAMETER ;)

That'd give a Clydesdale a run for it's money....

KitchenKitten99
02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
That'd give a Clydesdale a run for it's money....

and you know there'd be some gay hillbilly wanting to get laid by that clydesdale and his friend would film it.

The ClayTaurus
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I find it entirely all too telling that a thread beginning with a free-for-all on questions to ask Darin has quickly turned into a discussion of rednecks fucking horses. :)

jillian
02-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Forget all this other garbage. Tell us something useful. What are the lotto numbers for the w/e, state by state?

I'm waitng. :thumb:

darin
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
While visions of the Enumclaw, WA Love-Ranch pass through my head...I'll attempt to answer Jilli's question:

Here ya go (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=winning+lottery+numbers%2C+state+by+state&btnG=Google+Search)

Nienna
02-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh dmp, wisest of the sages, I have scaled this mountain to obtain from you the answer to one of life's most bewildering questions...

WHY did Homemade brand ice cream get rid of their java almond fudge flavor? I mean, that's insane! Who wouldn't like java almond fugde?

Oh master of wisdom.

Nienna
02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Also...
How do you turn off the site pop-up blocker on Mozilla Firefox?

jillian
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
While visions of the Enumclaw, WA Love-Ranch pass through my head...I'll attempt to answer Jilli's question:

Here ya go (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=winning+lottery+numbers%2C+state+by+state&btnG=Google+Search)

LOL! Thanks. :thumb:

darin
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh dmp, wisest of the sages, I have scaled this mountain to obtain from you the answer to one of life's most bewildering questions...

WHY did Homemade brand ice cream get rid of their java almond fudge flavor? I mean, that's insane! Who wouldn't like java almond fugde?

Oh master of wisdom.

Because they are idiots. Because Liberals threatened to sue. Unless it tastes like coffee - then they were right, cuz coffee-flavour icecream blows.

Also...
How do you turn off the site pop-up blocker on Mozilla Firefox?

Tools - Options - content - Un-Check 'block pop ups'

Nienna
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Tools - Options - content - Un-Check 'block pop ups'

PERFECT! You really are wise! :)

darin
02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
PERFECT! You really are wise! :)

That's how I roll... :)

5stringJeff
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
That's how I roll... :)

Tell the CoS.

Nienna
02-01-2007, 06:59 PM
btw... java almond fudge ROCKS...or... ROCKED. It just had a HINT of coffee flavor, more mocha-ish, really. :)

darin
02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Tell the CoS.

you dont think I will?

darin
02-01-2007, 08:17 PM
fwiw, all, our CofS looks a bit like an older version of this:

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/img/review/981030/soldier.jpg

JimmyAteWorld
02-02-2007, 02:18 PM
If Paris Hilton is so rich, why can't she afford underwear?

The ClayTaurus
02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Have you found the price of a jar of peanut butter in China yet? If not, why?

As a follow-up, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

darin
02-02-2007, 03:16 PM

She can afford it - but she's kinda slutty. :)

Have you found the price of a jar of peanut butter in China yet? If not, why?

My chinese friend hasnt gotten back to me

As a follow-up, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

jimnyc
02-02-2007, 03:53 PM

Don't ruin my fun! the longer she thinks it's unnecessary the better for me! She's kind enough to get her friends into the loop now too! :)

The ClayTaurus
02-02-2007, 04:27 PM
She can afford it - but she's kinda slutty. :)

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?European. And what about the peanut butter foo?!??!?

Mr. P
02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Why will women walk a pubic beach almost naked but would never answer their door dressed in only a bra an panties? Or even a nightgown for that matter. :) Weird.

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Why will women walk a pubic beach almost naked but would never answer their door dressed in only a bra an panties? Or even a nightgown for that matter. :) Weird.

:dunno: Pubic Beach? :dunno: in Georgia???

Shirley you jest...

:beer:

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 04:43 PM
But in the same vein, why do women wear short as heck skirts but frown and tug them down when we men look at them?

jimnyc
02-02-2007, 04:46 PM
But in the same vein, why do women wear short as heck skirts but frown and tug them down when we men look at them?

Their shirts can be short or down to their knees, I'm still gonna check out the boobies and peek for cleavage :)

darin
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM
European. And what about the peanut butter foo?!??!?

I TOLD YOU - my chinese friend is looking for me. Back of Bambi! :)

darin
02-02-2007, 04:52 PM

The very heart of the matter is this: Context. At a beach thin chicks are supposed to be barely-dressed. Also, Bra and Panties sometimes are quite revealing.

Mary and I talk about stuff like this - she's relaxed some. She's more apt now to walk around in her sports bra - even around the house outside. She's not worried about being 'caught' much anymore.

The bigger problem is: Why don't fat people LOOK at themselves before putting on beachwear? :vomit:

jimnyc
02-02-2007, 04:53 PM

Misread when I replied the first time, thought you wrote shirts.

As far as the skirts, they WANT us to look. They don't seem to like it when I drop my pencil every few minutes though.

The ClayTaurus
02-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I TOLD YOU - my chinese friend is looking for me. Back of Bambi! :)You never told me that. You said you'd ask around!

NOW WHAT ABOUT MY DAMN AIRSPEED VELOCITY? :)

darin
02-02-2007, 04:55 PM

Short skirts look cute. There's no intent to show off bits and pieces.

Plus, women tend to be teases. They want to show off what you WONT get to touch. They are egotistic/modests. They think they are less trampy if they make an EFFORT to cover their parts, yet want everyone to 'almost see' those same parts.

Also - the amount of tugging-to-cover is in DIRECT proportion to teh amount of creepiness of the guy.

darin
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
You never told me that. You said you'd ask around!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/image.php?u=19&dateline=1169595757

NOW WHAT ABOUT MY DAMN AIRSPEED VELOCITY? :)

You must ask nicely.

darin
02-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay Fine -

11 meters per second.

jackass
02-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Ive talked to MANY women about the "why wear something short and then get mad when we look" thing. Women WANT you too look. What they DONT want is for you to stare. A quick glance..even if she is looking at you is good. Just dont stare! :beer:

Mr. P
02-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Ive talked to MANY women about the "why wear something short and then get mad when we look" thing. Women WANT you too look. What they DONT want is for you to stare. A quick glance..even if she is looking at you is good. Just dont stare! :beer:

But, but...if I can't stare then I can't undress her. It's just NOT fair. :)

Women: Here look at my tits/ass etc!
Men: Ok
Women: that's long enough you perv!
Men: HUH? BITCH! :dunno:

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Stare?? Me??? I would never stare... cuzzzz I am old enough to have purrfected my stealthy observation techniques...

:dev:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I see it did not take long for you to find your friends, Cat.....:beer:

Mr. P
02-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Stare?? Me??? I would never stare... cuzzzz I am old enough to have purrfected my stealthy observation techniques...

:dev:

My guess is, you're just too old to know you stare! :laugh:

Mr. P
02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I see it did not take long for you to find your friends, Cat.....:beer:

Hey BUD!..Join the new crowd!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

TheStripey1
02-02-2007, 06:15 PM
My guess is, you're just too old to know you stare! :laugh:

You know it... just turned si... si.... sixxxxxxxxxty last week...

:laugh:

Howdy Gadget... LTNS...

Grumplestillskin
02-02-2007, 06:42 PM
If you want to stare - wear sunnies....

JimmyAteWorld
02-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Don't ruin my fun! the longer she thinks it's unnecessary the better for me! She's kind enough to get her friends into the loop now too! :)

When she gets Kate Beckinsale into the loop, then I'll be interested. :thumb:

Abbey Marie
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM

Why didn't I know then, what I know now? And why didn't I use the knowledge to my advantage?

darin
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Why didn't I know then, what I know now? And why didn't I use the knowledge to my advantage?

For whatever you had in knowledge back 'then' you may have lacked in wisdom. :)

5stringJeff
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
What's it like to have a cordless telephone in your office?

darin
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
What's it like to have a cordless telephone in your office?

twas a wonderful, dare-I-say-GLORIOUS couple of days. :(

Abbey Marie
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
For whatever you had in knowledge back 'then' you may have lacked in wisdom. :)

Oh, there is NO doubt about that!

I love the old PA. Dutch expression : "We are too soon old, and too late smart"