PDA

View Full Version : 911 Operator Accused of Hanging Up on Callers May Have Ended 825 Calls: Prosecutors

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-19-2016, 06:31 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/911-operator-accused-hanging-callers-210833637.html

911 Operator Accused of Hanging Up on Callers May Have Ended 825 Calls: Prosecutors
[Inside Edition]
Inside Edition
October 17, 2016

The former Texas 911 operator accused of hanging up on callers may have ended calls with as many as 825 people reporting emergencies, according to court documents.

Crenshanda Williams appeared in court Monday after being charged with two counts of interfering with a 911 phone call, declining to talk to reporters as she left the Houston courthouse, KHOU reported.

An audit flagged the 43-year-old operator after authorities noted she had allegedly taken an abnormally high number of “short calls” – 911 calls that last 20 seconds or less—from October through March 2016, officials said.

Read: 911 Operator Arrested After Allegedly Admitting to Hanging Up on Callers: 'Ain't Nobody Got Time For This'

“We were able to narrow down, in all, about 825 calls where somebody was actually calling 911 and not the non-emergency line … that she hung up on that person and that they called back within five minutes,” prosecutor Claire Moreau said in court, the television station said.

In one case, Williams allegedly received a phone call on March 12 from a man trying to report a robbery in progress and shots fired, according to charging documents.

He was hung up on twice before getting through to report that a man fired multiple times during a robbery and that people may be hurt. By the time police arrived, Zia Siddiqui, 52, the store’s owner, had been shot and killed.

Read: Cops Shocked With 911 Call When Woman Discovers Kangaroo on Indiana Property

The next day, she allegedly hung up on a caller trying to report drag racing on a strip of highway that saw a fatal collision under similar circumstances two weeks earlier, charging documents said.

“Ain’t nobody got time for this. For real,” Williams allegedly said after hanging up on the caller.

If she is found guilty, Williams could face up to two years behind bars, but additional charges may be filed against her, according to reports.

Williams is due back in court on November 10.

Take a good look at her picture and then tell me that the hatred inspired by the BLM did not play a part in her actions..-Tyr

jimnyc
10-19-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't get the lame charges on her? She should be charged 825 times and serve some serious time, IMO.

Gunny
10-19-2016, 10:51 AM
I don't get the lame charges on her? She should be charged 825 times and serve some serious time, IMO.

They don't miss much charging people for abusing the system. They got that call traced and you in cuffs before you can hang up.. And rightly so, IMO. The operators should be held to the same if not a higher standard.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-19-2016, 10:51 AM
She bez black--they always seek ways to go easy on blacks if they can .....
Any in-depth look at the rap sheets of black criminals will show how many times they were not jailed before finally being given any incarceration time.
Judges are programmed, encouraged and even mandated to give them far , far more breaks.
NEVER PC TO SPEAK SUCH TRUTH ABOUT THE DEM PARTY'S PLANTATION CREW, BUT I NEVER LET THAT CRAP STOP ME!!
Cold hard, unvarnished truth and I love to keep the same company regardless of costs ..-Tyr

Elessar
10-19-2016, 06:25 PM
That can be a stressful job, but there is little excuse to me that this was not caught sooner.

Our telephone and radio calls were all recorded and reviewed regularly.