PDA

View Full Version : Election reality

jimnyc
10-19-2016, 10:28 AM
I know there are some still holding out hope that Trump can reverse course. I don't see it happening with so little time left. I thought maybe the polls were inaccurate, and I'm sure some are, but not the mass total of all of them. I made that mistake before and the total came out to be fairly accurate. Now granted, there's a few weeks to reverse the polls, but over 7 points? I don't think so. And I'm NOT giving up, just facing reality.

My first thought was hopefully America would see just how horrible another Clinton is for our country, and that she'll be out in 4 years. I just think the majority of her damage will be done in the first few years anyway.

I started with a clean slate and congratulated Obama, praying and hoping that things would be cool and he would be for "all" Americans, whether you voted for him or not, as he said. That didn't play out. Now we have someone who clearly is not for all Americans, so might as well just be prepared.

Will the world stop turning? Of course not. We'll survive, with some serious and long lasting damage is all. The best we can hope for is to be able to fight her, and stop her. I've never wished for obstruction in government before, but I hope everyone stands in her way at every step. I don't even mind if they cut a few corners in order to hinder her agendas. It'll be a repeat of the last 8 crappy years. With the difference being she will have the SC nominating ability, maybe plural, and I think she'll have many wacks at the 2nd amendment and/or various other legal gun issues.

I believe the scandals and true things about her will come flowing out like an open faucet once she is in office. Add that up with her being a horrible politician. She'll get tossed out, it's just a matter of how much cleanup will need to be done.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-19-2016, 10:44 AM
I know there are some still holding out hope that Trump can reverse course. I don't see it happening with so little time left. I thought maybe the polls were inaccurate, and I'm sure some are, but not the mass total of all of them. I made that mistake before and the total came out to be fairly accurate. Now granted, there's a few weeks to reverse the polls, but over 7 points? I don't think so. And I'm NOT giving up, just facing reality.

My first thought was hopefully America would see just how horrible another Clinton is for our country, and that she'll be out in 4 years. I just think the majority of her damage will be done in the first few years anyway.

I started with a clean slate and congratulated Obama, praying and hoping that things would be cool and he would be for "all" Americans, whether you voted for him or not, as he said. That didn't play out. Now we have someone who clearly is not for all Americans, so might as well just be prepared.

Will the world stop turning? Of course not. We'll survive, with some serious and long lasting damage is all. The best we can hope for is to be able to fight her, and stop her. I've never wished for obstruction in government before, but I hope everyone stands in her way at every step. I don't even mind if they cut a few corners in order to hinder her agendas. It'll be a repeat of the last 8 crappy years. With the difference being she will have the SC nominating ability, maybe plural, and I think she'll have many wacks at the 2nd amendment and/or various other legal gun issues.

I believe the scandals and true things about her will come flowing out like an open faucet once she is in office. Add that up with her being a horrible politician. She'll get tossed out, it's just a matter of how much cleanup will need to be done.

I fear you may be underestimating just how great(deadly) that serious and long lasting damage will almost certainly be.
Not just the several generational damage that she will do to the SCOTUS, but also the Unconstitutional edicts she will impose by Executive Order.
ANYBODY THAT THINKS THAT ARROGANT WITCH HAS NOT THE CAPACITY TO OUTDO THE OBAMA--CLEARLY HASN'T FULLY CONSIDERED HER RECORD, HER ARROGANCE AND POWER LUST.

I ADVISE-- Do not jump up to leave until after the fat lady sings.
All this crying that - "Trump surely gonna lose" has been promoted by the usual lib/dem tactics attempting to change voters mind just before election day.
Nobody knows the winner until after the race is over..
I'll not go along with the propaganda and the usual presumptive declaration of victory the leftist/dems always bellow out...
If she wins--it will be more likely TO HAVE BEEN from the rigging/cheating DURING THE VOTE--not the actual vote count IMHO.
REMEMBER THESE MAGGOTS WILL DO ANYTHING TO WIN!
I feel sorry for any person so gullible as to think they will not cheat and have not laid plans to cheat massively to win..
Trump's problem is how to counter that by demanding and pressuring somehow to get true vote counts(if that is even possible)..-TYR

jimnyc
10-19-2016, 10:56 AM
I fear you may be underestimating just how great(deadly) that serious and long lasting damage will almost certainly be.
Not just the several generational damage that she will do to the SCOTUS, but also the Unconstitutional edicts she will impose by Executive Order.
ANYBODY THAT THINKS THAT ARROGANT WITCH HAS NOT THE CAPACITY TO OUTDO THE OBAMA--CLEARLY HASN'T FULLY CONSIDERED HER RECORD, HER ARROGANCE AND POWER LUST.

I ADVISE-- Do not jump up to leave until after the fat lady sings.
All this crying that - "Trump surely gonna lose" has been promoted by the usual lib/dem tactics attempting to change voters mind just before election day.
Nobody knows the winner until after the race is over..
I'll not go along with the propaganda and the usual presumptive declaration of victory the leftist/dems always bellow out...
If she wins--it will be more likely TO HAVE BEEN from the rigging/cheating DURING THE VOTE--not the actual vote count IMHO.
REMEMBER THESE MAGGOTS WILL DO ANYTHING TO WIN!
I feel sorry for any person so gullible as to think they will not cheat and have not laid plans to cheat massively to win..
Trump's problem is how to counter that by demanding and pressuring somehow to get true vote counts(if that is even possible)..-TYR

Maybe underestimating her is wishful thinking, nothing she could ever do would ever surprise me.

I surely haven't given up as I said, just facing reality. Yesterday I received another email from Trump and donated again. That's now $350 from me in total, over 4 separate times. I wish I could do so much more. Oh, and the hat too!!

Gunny
10-19-2016, 11:58 AM
Maybe underestimating her is wishful thinking, nothing she could ever do would ever surprise me.

I surely haven't given up as I said, just facing reality. Yesterday I received another email from Trump and donated again. That's now $350 from me in total, over 4 separate times. I wish I could do so much more. Oh, and the hat too!!

It's wishful thinking. Name one thing from Whitewater to date the left has held her accountable for. All the left cares about in this country is winning, power and control. They don't care how they get it and integrity, morals and words like that they find in foreign dictionaries. They're a bigger threat to this nation than illegal immigration.

Black Diamond
10-19-2016, 12:11 PM
The reality is Donald Trump is the next President.

Gunny
10-19-2016, 12:31 PM
The reality is Donald Trump is the next President.

Since I'm sitting here doing nothing lately, you can pass that bong. :laugh: I wish he would win. Not for the reasons a lot of you do, but he's the lesser threat to the Constitution.

Kathianne
10-19-2016, 03:48 PM

I really know just about zilch about Keane, but I'm hoping Hillary gets impeached, much depends on holding both Houses to block her.

Drummond
10-19-2016, 06:03 PM
It's wishful thinking. Name one thing from Whitewater to date the left has held her accountable for. All the left cares about in this country is winning, power and control. They don't care how they get it and integrity, morals and words like that they find in foreign dictionaries. They're a bigger threat to this nation than illegal immigration.

If Clinton wins, it'll be through the power of an especially vile dirty tricks campaign. I have no doubt in my mind whatever about that.

Any persons, or power, that thinks this is an 'OK' way to win an election is automatically unfit to hold power. A Party lacking basic electoral integrity at a fundamental level - even putting aside the brand of politics involved !! - cannot hope to lead America in any meritorious direction. If corruption pervades decision making, then the effect is ruination.

For what it's worth to anybody .. I, as a Brit, have been jaded by what I've observed of American political process, especially in recent weeks. If all that really matters is how well a candidate can be smeared for electoral gain ... and those doing it lack the conscience to care how far they go ... then I have to think that American politics is a pretty debased business. I doubt I'll follow any future election in America as closely as I have this one.

That's not to say that UK politics comes anywhere near being 'perfect'. We have our scandals. But ... by my standards, this is extreme.

Elessar
10-19-2016, 06:32 PM
I am hoping these polls are just the soundings of wishful thinking from the left.

It is hard to understand supporting Hillary when all the cards are being spread on the table.

aboutime
10-19-2016, 06:38 PM
http://youtu.be/IgAsNtmlQJU

revelarts
10-19-2016, 08:06 PM
it's still a toss up as far as i'm concerned.
like Obamas 2nd run i felt a lot of Obama support was just keeping quiet.
I get the same sense about Trump support.

If the votes aren't fixed I suspect it will be closer than many would guess.... either way it goes.

Abbey Marie
10-19-2016, 08:29 PM
I will keep going to church, praying to our Lord Jesus Christ for our country, and if all else fails, drown myself in a good Merlot.

I do think that much like her pervert hubby, Hillary will govern a bit more centrist than we'd expect. It is the SC appointments she will make that make my stomach turn.

aboutime
10-19-2016, 09:51 PM
I will keep going to church, praying to our Lord Jesus Christ for our country, and if all else fails, drown myself in a good Merlot.

I do think that much like her pervert hubby, Hillary will govern a bit more centrist than we'd expect. It is the SC appointments she will make that make my stomach turn.

Abbey. AGREE totally. Somehow, I fear all of our prayers may suffer the slings, and arrows we felt when Obama won Twice.

In our nation today, with the attacks on Christians from all directions growing. I fear our nation just may be on the same course as the Author of "The Decline, and Fall of the Roman Empire".

In case some haven't read it. Personally. I find it rather scary, and nearly as accurate as "1984".

Though I despise sounding fatalistic, this tends to work differently for me because of my age now.
REMEMBER: “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”. ... condemned to repeat it”

gabosaurus
10-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Former supporters have abandoned the "Trump Train" and accepted his new campaign reality:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vItkAzRz4wTv2/giphy.gif

fj1200
10-20-2016, 10:06 AM

With history as my guide her winning will do wonders for the Republicans in 2018. Assuming any last vestige of trumpism is washed away.

Gunny
10-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Abbey. AGREE totally. Somehow, I fear all of our prayers may suffer the slings, and arrows we felt when Obama won Twice.

In our nation today, with the attacks on Christians from all directions growing. I fear our nation just may be on the same course as the Author of "The Decline, and Fall of the Roman Empire".

In case some haven't read it. Personally. I find it rather scary, and nearly as accurate as "1984".

Though I despise sounding fatalistic, this tends to work differently for me because of my age now.
REMEMBER: “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it”. ... condemned to repeat it”
It irks me to no end that anyone would vote for her at all. She's a criminal and anyone that doesn't know it is too stupid to be allowed to vote.

"The Running Man" by Richard Bachman (A pseudonym for Stephen King in his early days) Is as prophetic as "1984" were a single, global media basically controls all thought. (The Book is better than the hokey Arnold movie).

crin63
10-20-2016, 10:37 AM
I think if Hillary wins she will likely bring about massive change. It looks to me like our country is a powder keg. I see a lot of people who are fed up from being pushed way too far. They have lost all confidence in our government as it seems there is no branch even remotely free of corruption. They believe this election cycle was in many respects their last hope for our country. She may be the match that lights the fuse.

Black Diamond
10-20-2016, 12:59 PM
It irks me to no end that anyone would vote for her at all. She's a criminal and anyone that doesn't know it is too stupid to be allowed to vote.

"The Running Man" by Richard Bachman (A pseudonym for Stephen King in his early days) Is as prophetic as "1984" were a single, global media basically controls all thought. (The Book is better than the hokey Arnold movie).
I'll check it out.

Black Diamond
10-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Since I'm sitting here doing nothing lately, you can pass that bong. :laugh: I wish he would win. Not for the reasons a lot of you do, but he's the lesser threat to the Constitution.

I think we both could use a bong :)

Black Diamond
10-20-2016, 01:02 PM
I think if Hillary wins she will likely bring about massive change. It looks to me like our country is a powder keg. I see a lot of people who are fed up from being pushed way too far. They have lost all confidence in our government as it seems there is no branch even remotely free of corruption. They believe this election cycle was in many respects their last hope for our country. She may be the match that lights the fuse.

And that's not even counting Russia.

Gunny
10-20-2016, 03:12 PM

Have to see if it's on the list of 3-4 things I'm allwed to have. Between the doctors and my daughter I think I'm allowed Tylenol.:laugh:

jimnyc
10-20-2016, 04:34 PM

:420:

https://i.imgur.com/dbPD5dk.gif

aboutime
10-20-2016, 07:38 PM
http://youtu.be/kCXqbjo6cb0

ROCKIN' ROBIN.....Eh man....?