PDA

View Full Version : A must see: "NO END IN SIGHT"

Guernicaa
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I advise conservatives to take a closer look at the truth, and really try and understand the reality of this war:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qGPp-WhgEXE&mode=related&search=

Its the trailer...But if you guys were smart you'd rent the movie.

glockmail
07-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Leave it to a liberal to think that the truth lies in a Hollywood production.

Pitiful.

:pee:

Guernicaa
07-27-2007, 06:18 PM

Pitiful.

lmao...Do you enjoy being stupid?

This isn't a "Hollywood production".
The film is being made by Magnolia Pictures, an American film distributor specializing in foreign films and documentaries.

hahahaha...Just in case you forgot glock, the "actors/actresses" in this film are people who worked for the presidents administration and within the pentagon.

The last time I checked, officials from the Pentagon and president’s administration who are engaging in interviews are not considered Hollywood actors/actresses.

Maybe in your delusional world they are…but for the rest of us they’re factual sources from within the government confirming how completely fucked up this country has been run over the past 6 years.

nevadamedic
07-27-2007, 06:48 PM

Pitiful.

It's called The Michael Moore Syndrome. :laugh2:

glockmail
07-27-2007, 07:08 PM
lmao...Do you enjoy being stupid?

This isn't a "Hollywood production".
The film is being made by Magnolia Pictures, an American film distributor specializing in foreign films and documentaries.

hahahaha...Just in case you forgot glock, the "actors/actresses" in this film are people who worked for the presidents administration and within the pentagon.

The last time I checked, officials from the Pentagon and president’s administration who are engaging in interviews are not considered Hollywood actors/actresses.

Maybe in your delusional world they are…but for the rest of us they’re factual sources from within the government confirming how completely fucked up this country has been run over the past 6 years.

Magnolia Pictures is the theatrical and home entertainment distribution arm of Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban's 2929 Entertainment, specializing in a unique and eclectic slate of films.

http://www.magpictures.com/about.aspx

Guernicaa
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
So your trying to say that documentaries cant be entertaining?

They combine facts with quality film making in order to make it entertaining.

Nice try though!

glockmail
07-27-2007, 07:15 PM
So your trying to say that documentaries cant be entertaining?

They combine facts with quality film making in order to make it entertaining.

Nice try though!

Just like Mike Mooore's and Al Gore's. Entertaining. Not exactly "The Truth", but entertaining. :pee:

Guernicaa
07-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Just like Mike Mooore's and Al Gore's. Entertaining. Not exactly "The Truth", but entertaining. :pee:
Tell me shit-for-brains...What did Al Gore lie about in his movie?

Give me some specifics...(lmao this should be good)

glockmail
07-27-2007, 08:02 PM

Here's just two to start you off with your freshly grilled crow.

The former vice president's film shows dramatic film of big chunks of ice breaking off glaciers, but the "calving" of icebergs is a normal, natural process involved in the growth of glaciers into the sea. The movie features some majestic glaciers that existed in the 19th Century that have all but disappeared today -- but it doesn't bother to mention any of the glaciers growing in Norway, New Zealand and even the United States. The U.S. Forest Service reports that the Hubbard Glacier in Alaska's Tongass National Forest is advancing so rapidly, it threatens to close off a major fjord.

He shows shocking time-lapse photos of ice disappearing from Mt. Kilimanjaro. The ice there has been melting for over a hundred years.

Climate always changes. "An Inconvenient Truth" implies that all serious scientists agree that it is a crisis, and that the United States must immediately reduce carbon dioxide emissions as dictated by the Kyoto treaty the Bush administration so arrogantly refuses to sign -- the same treaty the Clinton-Gore administration didn't even submit to the Senate.
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2006/07/05/a_convenient_lie

red states rule
07-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I advise conservatives to take a closer look at the truth, and really try and understand the reality of this war:

Another Defeatocrat bellows

red states rule
07-28-2007, 09:59 AM

What did Al lie about?

What the hell did he say was true is a better question

A man who whines how we need to conserve energy flys around the world in his private jet, one (of four) of his mansions uses 20 times the energy of an average Amercan's home, and he rides around in limos

A typical liberal saying one thing and doing another

Guernicaa
07-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Here's just two to start you off with your freshly grilled crow.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2006/07/05/a_convenient_lie
I looked up your little buddy that wrote that column, and everything that came up about him was that he’s a lying piece of shit that he has no respect for the truth. Therefore his little stabs at Gore are worth shit.

And I can personally answer the concern you raised:
Although some parts may be gaining ice, and as much as some ice breaks may be natural, the overwhelming majority of glaciers and artic regions are diminishing at dangerously high levels.

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/earth/polar/polar_bears_jan07.html

Guernicaa
07-28-2007, 11:52 PM
What did Al lie about?

What the hell did he say was true is a better question

A man who whines how we need to conserve energy flys around the world in his private jet, one (of four) of his mansions uses 20 times the energy of an average Amercan's home, and he rides around in limos

A typical liberal saying one thing and doing another
lmao! Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself?

Al Gore almost NEVER flies in private jets. He specifically flies on regular airlines to reduce as much of his carbon footprint as possible:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1622009,00.html

Psychoblues
07-29-2007, 01:07 AM
They LOVE making fools of themselves, O'08!!!!!!!

Al Gore almost NEVER flies in private jets. He specifically flies on regular airlines to reduce as much of his carbon footprint as possible:

Their lies about other lies that they know nothing whatsoever about is their only sustanance. When your only points of reference are completely discounted by EVERY CREDIBLE SCIENTIST IN THE WORLD then fooldom is not only your house, it is your life. Can you dig it?

red states rule
07-29-2007, 04:50 AM

You are either a Kool Aid drining lib or a lier

February 27, 2007
Al Gore's Carbon Footprint Is Big.
Bruce Nussbaum
I've wanted to write a piece on the carbon footprints of famous people who are for sustainability and against global warming because I've noticed that many of them live in many very big houses, drive many very big cars and fly in private jets. The World Economic Forum in Davos was "carbon neutral," despite all these folks flying it to attend, because in large part, people donated money to third world countries to plant trees or build hydoelectric dams for electricity. The upcoming TED conference is supposed to be carbon neutral as well and I am curious to see how they do it. Will people be flying into the TED conference in Monterey, CA in their private jets and paying peasants to plant more trees in the Amazon to stay carbon neutral? And does it matter as long as the planet keeps its cool?

But before I could write my story, Al Gore got an Oscor for An Inconvenient Truth and someone did some analysis of his carbon footprint and found it was pretty big. I don't know much about the source.

Here's the story:
MONDAY • FEBRUARY 26, 2007

A VERY INCONVINIENT TRUTH: POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH':

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore's global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore's mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh--more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh--guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore's average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore's energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore's extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore's mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

"As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use," said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006."

OK. We need to do carbon footprints of lots of people--but how do you measure it? House/houses size, cars, private jets--what else should we include. And how do you offset these with hybrid cars, solar heating, wind turbines, etc.?

We need an algorithm folks. Got one out there?

as far as Al's energy use and private jet use - libs call it a hit piece - I call it the truth and facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NFB8IEJdU&embed=1

red states rule
07-29-2007, 05:31 AM
They LOVE making fools of themselves, O'08!!!!!!!

Their lies about other lies that they know nothing whatsoever about is their only sustanance. When your only points of reference are completely discounted by EVERY CREDIBLE SCIENTIST IN THE WORLD then fooldom is not only your house, it is your life. Can you dig it?

Finally, some liberals come clean and admit how they feel about the troops

red states rule
07-29-2007, 08:39 AM

Yea, the liberal media goes to great lengths to ensure they report nothing but facts

Uh-Oh: Washington Post Sending Repeat Offender at Corrections Box to Iraq
By Tim Graham | July 29, 2007 - 07:45 ET
Erick at Redstate reports The Washington Post seems to have a new way of punishing young reporters whose factual sloppiness draws the repeated notice of the Corrections editor and the ombudsman – they send them to Iraq. The reporter in question is one Amit R. Paley, a recent Harvard graduate and former Post summer intern in 2004. Fishbowl DC found an internal memo boasted:

Amit has been breaking story after story this year on the national education beat, including the disclosure of improper searches of a massive federal database of student records and extravagant spending by a non-profit loan company.

Redstate offers the rebuttal:

Getting his big break on the front page of the Washington Post in April, Paley wrote a host of hard hitting articles citing his leading source as a "senior official," "senior agency official," and even a "presidential appointee." Unfortunately, WaPo had to run a correction admitting that the source was none of the three.

Weeks later, Paley returned to the front page without fact checking. On April 21, 2007, Paley wrote, "The No. 3 official in the U.S. Department of Education, who oversees the student loan industry, had more than $10,000 invested in student lenders, according to documents released last night."

The fact was that the husband of the official owned the stock via a 401(K) and sold it before his wife faced Senate confirmation.

Instead of running yet another correction, WaPo just sneaked in two paragraphs in *a different story* mentioning these facts. This sneaky way to correct their prodigy's record even upset WaPo's ombudsman who called the handling "problematic" and wrote that the correction "should have had its own headline and more prominent display."

No surprise, but just months later Paley was at it again. He ran a story with the headline "Ex-Aides Break With Bush on 'No Child'; Conservatives Giving Vent To Doubts; Support for Opt-Out Proposal Grows." The headline was totally out of context and Paley purposefully used sources out of context to make his point. What'd he do? He blamed his editors.

What'd the editors do? They changed the headline online and softened portions of the story. The original headline and inaccurate story remained in the print edition without correction.

Paley has, in his brief career, made repeated, serious errors in his reporting. Each of his errors portrayed the Bush Administration in a very bad light, enough to garner criticism from Deborah Howell, WaPo's own ombudsmen.

So, realizing they need to do something to get Paley off the Education beat and stop the embarrassing need to substantively correct his front page stories, WaPo has come up with a great idea. They are sending him to Iraq as a war correspondent.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2007/07/29/uh-oh-washington-post-sending-repeat-offender-corrections-box-iraq

red states rule
07-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Hasty Iraq pullout seen as high risk
By Bill Gertz
July 29, 2007
U.S. intelligence and military officials agree with President Bush's belief that a withdrawal of troops from Iraq will increase the danger of global terrorism and further destabilize Iraq, the Middle East and other parts of the world.

Mr. Bush reiterated his position last week, saying that pulling troops out too soon would be "dangerous" to U.S. security.

"Those who justify withdrawing our troops from Iraq by denying the threat of al Qaeda in Iraq and its ties to Osama bin Laden ignore the clear consequences," he said during a speech Tuesday at Charleston Air Force Base in South Carolina. "If we were to follow their advice, it would be dangerous for the world and disastrous for America.

Army Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno, the commander of Multinational Corps Iraq, agrees that an abrupt change in strategy or a rapid withdrawal of U.S. troops could be dangerous

"What I would hope for is that we are very deliberate if we have a change in strategy ... and not try to do it in a very quick time frame, because I think there's a lot of danger and risk associated with that," Gen. Odierno said recently.

Two Democratic presidential candidates disagree with that viewpoint and are calling for an immediate withdrawal of troops from Iraq.

"It doesn't take legislation [to end the war]," Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich, Ohio Democrat, said Monday night during the CNN/YouTube presidential debate. "... We should tell President Bush: no more funds for the war. Use that money to bring the troops home."

During the debate, Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico sought to differentiate himself from the Democratic senators running for president, saying he wants troops "home by the end of this year, in six months, with no residual forces."
http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070729/NATION/107290049/1001

glockmail
07-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I looked up your little buddy that wrote that column, and everything that came up about him was that he’s a lying piece of shit that he has no respect for the truth. Therefore his little stabs at Gore are worth shit.

..... Too bad you can't address these little facts and instead have to resort to attacking the messenger. It doesn't say much about the strength of your argument.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Too bad you can't address these little facts and instead have to resort to attacking the messenger.

Present some facts for a change and I'm sure he'd be glad to.

As it is, the distortions, lies, and outright propaganda you've provided so far are barely worthy of discussion, exept to illustrate ho NOT to prove your point.

You aren't very good at proving things, are ya?

red states rule
07-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Present some facts for a change and I'm sure he'd be glad to.

As it is, the distortions, lies, and outright propaganda you've provided so far are barely worthy of discussion, exept to illustrate ho NOT to prove your point.

You aren't very good at proving things, are ya?

To the rabid left, truth and facts are now dismissed as distortions, lies, and propaganda