PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Big Ben to the family

jimnyc
10-20-2016, 01:28 PM
We got the kid a Bearded Dragon last night, and the entire setup to make sure he starts off living like a king. I can't put in better substrate until he grows a little bigger and older. He's a cute little bugger!

http://i.imgur.com/K7flym7.jpg

Gunny
10-20-2016, 03:00 PM
We got the kid a Bearded Dragon last night, and the entire setup to make sure he starts off living like a king. I can't put in better substrate until he grows a little bigger and older. He's a cute little bugger!

http://i.imgur.com/K7flym7.jpg
Which "kid" ? Mighty nice digs for a "kid's" lizard.

jimnyc
10-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Which "kid" ? Mighty nice digs for a "kid's" lizard.

Let's put it this way - I wasn't upset when the decision was made to let him get the lizard. She doesn't mind spending on the boy. And now whatever the boy needs for "his" lizard will be easier to attain. :)

You have seen NOTHING yet. You should have saw what my old lizard, a Savannah Monitor, lived in. I'm going to build similar with my brother for this little fella. Probably like 5'x4' and about 3 or 4 feet high. Have the light fixtures all built in. Also a swinging door at the top for easy access. A tempered glass front for viewing. Then maybe like 150lbs or so of dirt, and then 150lbs of sand, mixed together in the hopes of recreating their environment best. My old cage had 200 of each.

Then have much better fixtures for him to bask on, or sleep on.

Only the best for Big Ben Roethlisberger!

And yes - I lied, I must admit.... I named him Big Ben on the way home. The boy and the wife didn't care for that, no more Steelers names they said. But then the boy thought "Roethlisberger" alone was catchy. That works for me, but we all know his real name is Big Ben!!

Abbey Marie
10-20-2016, 06:02 PM
If you really want him to have a cool, tough NFL name, it can only be Lawrence Taylor. And "LT" is a heck of a lot easier to say than "Roethlesberger!

jimnyc
10-20-2016, 06:04 PM
If you really want him to have a cool, tough NFL name, it can only be Lawrence Taylor. And "LT" is a heck of a lot easier to say than "Roethlesberger!

No way in hell to a Giants name!!

Unless maybe I had 2 of them, and they had a baby, and he was deformed - then I call him "Eli". :laugh:

Abbey Marie
10-20-2016, 06:05 PM

Unless maybe I had 2 of them, and they had a baby, and he was deformed - then I call him "Eli". :laugh:

:slap:

Black Diamond
10-20-2016, 06:50 PM

Abbey was hoping for Tyree.

jimnyc
10-20-2016, 06:59 PM
Abbey was hoping for Tyree.

He was earlier kinda just sitting there and bumping his head into the glass, kinda like a kid would do on the short bus while wearing his helmet. :)