PDA

View Full Version : The Longshot Path for Donald Trump to Win 270 Electoral Votes

jimnyc
10-23-2016, 02:01 PM
I read one article elsewhere that makes it sound as if not all the polls should be believed for various reasons, and of course it got into Hillary and the endless scandals, and the emails more so. But then I read this and come back down the reality again. Every time I read stuff like this I feel like donating more money to the Trump campaign.

But this year, I have lost SO much faith in our entire system, I'm afraid that money may end up in her own personal account. :(

I don't trust the DOJ. Honestly, it's not like I ever followed them like a football team, but after seeing things run with Lynch, and how they more or less did as they pleased, and got away with it, why would I expect this to be reigned in going forward? The same with the FBI. Even so many agents feel one way, and they were ignored. Comey lied through his teeth to help Hillary get to the white house and every person on earth knows it. If one man was able to do so, why in the world can I expect this to ever change? And no, these aren't just sour grapes, I have been on the end of the shitty stick before and have simply dealt with it AFTER congratulating the winner. But seeing these 2 agencies literally do as they please, unimpeded, no questions while the entire world watched. -- Then of course add in our current administration. They promised to be the most transparent ever. That's laughable. They planned on posting things online days in advance, so the American public can peek at things before decisions were made. Hell, I don't think they did this even one time in 8 years. But unlike the FBI/DOJ, I still believe an entirely new administration can start off differently.

Congress needs huge changes that I have been saying since forever. SO much corruption in there. TOO many long term in there. When in the world will we ever see term limits for them? Ever? 2 terms tops, IMO.

The media. Finally things have been outed and no more arguments. Anyone still claiming there is no media bias after this election is naive or lying. Anyone still claiming after this election, that the media doesn't mostly lean to the left, will be very naive and/or lying.

Voter fraud. Quite a few different ways of fraud have already been exposed this year and are being investigated. A bit of PROOF is also coming out about prior years. Some will still swear there is no reason to worry about voter fraud, as it's too small to effect the election - and I believe even one single vote being fraudulent is way too many.

And then YES YES YES - you have Trump himself not doing any favors. I 100% believe he outright and easily wins this election if not for the things I just wrote above, but we deal with the cards we are dealt.

-----

The Longshot Path for Donald Trump to Win 270 Electoral Votes

Donald Trump’s path to the White House is fading fast.

With national polls showing Hillary Clinton growing her lead and Trump losing his grip on traditionally red states, Clinton looks likely to prevail on Election Day.

The Democratic nominee’s path to 270 electoral votes has room to spare; Clinton can afford to lose classic battlegrounds like Ohio and Florida as long as she holds onto light blue states like Pennsylvania and Colorado.

An ABC News analysis out today estimates Clinton is already poised to win at least 300 electoral votes –- even if Donald Trump wins every toss-up state.

Still, a very narrow four-step path to the GOP nominee's victory remains. But it won't be easy since Clinton threatens to disrupt this road at every turn, running even in the polls with Trump in must-win states like North Carolina, Ohio and Florida.

Even one wrong move would hand the White House to the Democrats for a third consecutive term. Trump must take all these steps in order to win the White House:

1. Retain Every State Mitt Romney Won in 2012

First, Donald Trump must hold every state that Mitt Romney won in 2012. This includes traditionally red states like Arizona and Georgia, where Bill Clinton won in 1996. In those states, Clinton has pushed the race so close that she is within the margin of error, according to recent polls.

In Utah, independent candidate Evan McMullin threatens to siphon off Mormon votes and win the state outright. But the most challenging state for Trump to hold might be North Carolina, where Mitt Romney won by just 2 percentage points in 2012 and a recent poll from CNN/ORC showed Clinton with 48 percent vs. 47 percent for Trump.

2. Win Ohio

No Republican candidate has won the White House without the state of Ohio. Indeed, Donald Trump must win the state, as well, to have a chance at the presidency. Early voting returns have shown encouraging signs for Trump, with fewer Democrats in the Buckeye State requesting absentee ballots this year than in 2012. Recent polling has shown Trump’s slim lead from late September fading away: A NBC/WSJ/Marist poll showed him with 42 percent vs. 41 percent for Clinton. Another poll from Quinnipiac University showed the race tied at 45 percent each.

3. Win Florida

Florida may be the best firewall for Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Two Quinnipiac University polls from the last three weeks have shown Clinton with a slim lead in Florida. Donald Trump hasn’t held a statistically-significant lead in a poll since July.

Early voting numbers look good for Clinton: they’ve cut their mail-in ballot deficit in half this year compared to 2012, according to early data.

"Certainly, the Clinton campaign feels very good about where they are with the mail-in ballot," election expert Michael McDonald told ABC News. Without a win in the Sunshine State, Donald Trump’s path to 270 electoral votes is virtually impossible.

4. Choose His Own Adventure: 17 More Electoral Votes

Even if Donald Trump makes it this far successfully, he still has to find another 17 electoral votes –- and his options are scarce. In all of the options, he trails significantly in the polls. Nonetheless, he’ll need one of these to happen in order to win. Here are the three best possibilities:

Win Pennsylvania. The population of working-class white voters in Pennsylvania seemed to present a good opportunity for Trump to take the state. But despite campaign stops and a last-minute flood of television advertising dollars, a recent poll from Bloomberg Politics shows Clinton with a 9-point lead. The state’s 20 electoral votes would be enough to push Trump across the finish line on its own. However, Pennsylvania hasn’t gone red since 1988.

The Small State Combination. A perfect combination of states with fewer electoral votes could also place Trump in the White House. Victories in all of the small states in play -- including Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire and the second Congressional district of Maine -- would give Trump exactly 270 electoral votes. And although Iowa and Nevada appear within reach, a WMUR/UNH poll shows New Hampshire is leaning toward Clinton -- she’s ahead by a whopping 15 percentage points.

Wildcard State. Several other combinations, though very unlikely, exist to push Trump across the finish line. Winning just one unexpected state could push Trump over the top. However, recent polling in light blue states like Wisconsin, Virginia, Michigan and Colorado show little doubt that they will land in Clinton’s column. In addition, Trump hasn’t spent significant time or resources in these states.

The wildcard options include: 1) winning Wisconsin, the second Congressional district of Maine, plus either Nevada or Iowa 2) winning Virginia and either Nevada or Iowa or New Hampshire 3) winning Michigan and the second congressional district of Maine and 4) winning Colorado, Iowa and either Nevada or New Hampshire.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/longshot-path-donald-trump-win-270-electoral-votes-003937888--abc-news-topstories.html

Inner Sanctum
10-23-2016, 02:50 PM
None of this will happen, he's likely to win Iowa and maybe Ohio and not much else. She gets in the neighborhood of 330 electoral votes, this is just straight reality.

Don't want to hear any of this rigged shit either, it's been proven that voter fraud etc.etc has historically been so minute as to not be an issue........unless you like Donny and his subliminal calls for Nov.8&9 bloodshed.

jimnyc
10-23-2016, 02:54 PM
None of this will happen, he's likely to win Iowa and maybe Ohio and not much else. She gets in the neighborhood of 330 electoral votes, this is just straight reality.

Don't want to hear any of this rigged shit either, it's been proven that voter fraud etc.etc has historically been so minute as to not be an issue........unless you like Donny and his subliminal calls for Nov.8&9 bloodshed.

Do you believe that the media is leaning to the left? Especially considering a bunch of emails that show they were working in advance quite a few times with Hillary? And even giving questions in advance prior to a debate in the primaries. Do you think the DOJ was working at all with Hillary to help her during the email investigation? Do you think that the FBI was 100% across the board? Do you think Comey was 100% across the board? Why did so many agents want her prosecuted? Why did we see collusion with emails going back and forth during the investigation? That's all typical of these agencies while doing such an investigation?

Oh, and just after 2 posts - how ya doing, Mike? :)

Inner Sanctum
10-23-2016, 03:00 PM
I'll say that i'm an avid numbers watcher and the numbers have been pretty consistent in her favor for months now, trafitional red states are in play this is how bad and how low the Repubs have sunk.

It's over and we should all move on but Trump's uneducated minions will probably make Nov.8&9 the darkest days in American history.

Inner Sanctum
10-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Don't know Mike.

Sure i believe the media is left just as i believe Fox and Breitbart are hard right and are they not members of the media?

My point is going into this Donny had to have known the mefldia was going to be on him and if he didn't he's dumber than fuck.

aboutime
10-23-2016, 03:12 PM
Pragmatically, Logically, and Honestly. Truth is. NOBODY will know whether Trump, or Clinton win until late on the 8th of November.

Like every other election cycle we have all seen. All of the WHAT IF'S, PROBABLY'S, and HYPOTHETICALS generated by the multitude of either LEFT, or RIGHT leaning Polls...WILL NOT BE KNOWN until all of the polls close on November 8th.

All of the previous four years of NONSENSE, STUPIDITY, ANGER, IGNORANCE, AND HATRED will end then, and begin ALL OVER AGAIN on November 9th for the 2020 elections.

Inner Sanctum
10-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Pragmatically, Logically, and Honestly. Truth is. NOBODY will know whether Trump, or Clinton win until late on the 8th of November.

Like every other election cycle we have all seen. All of the WHAT IF'S, PROBABLY'S, and HYPOTHETICALS generated by the multitude of either LEFT, or RIGHT leaning Polls...WILL NOT BE KNOWN until all of the polls close on November 8th.

All of the previous four years of NONSENSE, STUPIDITY, ANGER, IGNORANCE, AND HATRED will end then, and begin ALL OVER AGAIN on November 9th for the 2020 elections.

Smh

Inner Sanctum
10-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Realclearpolitics.com

Totally unbiased site, their #'s have had her consistently ahead all along.

aboutime
10-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Smh

Thanks for showing your immature qualifications for all of us.

aboutime
10-23-2016, 06:19 PM
I'll say that i'm an avid numbers watcher and the numbers have been pretty consistent in her favor for months now, trafitional red states are in play this is how bad and how low the Repubs have sunk.

It's over and we should all move on but Trump's uneducated minions will probably make Nov.8&9 the darkest days in American history.

Compared to the Hillary uneducated minions like yourself?

OCA
10-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks for showing your immature qualifications for all of us.

Oh lord.

OCA
10-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Compared to the Hillary uneducated minions like yourself?

Yep......it won't be HRC followers throwing a tantrum.

It's over already

Elessar
10-23-2016, 06:50 PM
If I felt the Democratic candidate was the best choice, I would readily cast my vote that way.
I've done it before.

But the list of Hillary's transgressions, exaggerations, lies, cover-ups, and deceit goes all the
way back to Watergate. I've already listed them elsewhere here and will not again unless
requested.

The DNC and most of the media are joined at the hip. If these accusations on Trump had any
real substance, why were they not brought forth during the primaries? Rather curious I say.

And jimnyc - Term Limits might be a good idea in one aspect, but on the other hand it would
affect continuity in The Congress. That seems to be essential. There are many there who do serve with dignity for years.
I think change in that Hall needs to be left up to the voters.

aboutime
10-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Oh lord.

My apologies for not addressing that to you. But, if you feel left out. Consider it said again.