PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump rejects polls as inaccurate: ‘All the fair polls have us winning’

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-25-2016, 07:28 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-rejects-polls-as-inaccurate-all-the-fair-polls-have-us-winning-160452809.html

Donald Trump rejects polls as inaccurate: ‘All the fair polls have us winning’
Michael Walsh
Reporter
October 24, 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who once boasted about his robust poll numbers, has turned to criticizing them as ineffective and “rigged” now that most show his rival, Democrat Hillary Clinton, with a commanding lead.

On Monday, the real estate tycoon turned politician accused the Democratic Party of creating fake polls to undermine his bid for the White House but said that he’ll win regardless.

Trump made the dubious claim in a morning tweet –– the latest example of his pattern of messages of mistrust and skepticism aimed at all things that portray his campaign efforts in a negative light.

Major story that the Dems are making up phony polls in order to suppress the the Trump . We are going to WIN!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 24, 2016

He also tweeted, “Media in the tank for Clinton but Trump will win!” and “We are winning and the press is refusing to report it.”

Monday morning on “The Chad Adams Show,” a conservative radio program in North Carolina, Trump said that pollsters focused on Democrats when asking about which candidate won the second and third debates.

“All the fair polls have us winning. The oversampled polls, meaning they take it out of Democrats, that’s a different story,” he said.

According to Trump, “everyone uniformly” said that he won the debates, so pollsters must be sampling people who never would have considered voting for him on the grounds that he’s a conservative Republican.

“It was a poll of Democrats and watchers of CNN, and it had her winning the debate,” Trump said, referring to Clinton only as “her,” as he did in the third debate. “And you know, I know when I win and lose. I think I’m pretty good at that stuff. And that was an easy victory in the debate. She said so many things that were so bad and were so bad for people.”

Though his pathway to victory appears to have greatly narrowed, Trump has continued to cherry-pick advantageous polls and promote their results on social media. Two recent national polls — fro ......................

NightTrain
10-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I'm still somewhat undecided as to what the end game is for the over-sampling. The only advantage I can think of is that they've decided that liberals are susceptible to group-think and if they think that everyone else is doing it, then they should as well.

WikiLeaks hasn't shown us that they refer to this tactic as "energizing the mindless sheep" yet, though.

And it's possible that the end game is also trying to demoralize conservatives by persuading them that it's a lost cause and might as well stay home instead of voting. This could easily backfire by giving liberals the sense that every vote isn't needed.

It seems to me that this game of tampering with polls is a dangerous one. Podesta & Company clearly think the effort is important, though, and ABC / CNN are willing accomplices.

pete311
10-25-2016, 09:23 AM
This time Trump isn't totally wrong. Most polls are garbage. However the few that are worth a peek still have him losing. Anyway, this is more loser talk. He's already building the defense.