PDA

View Full Version : Romney to skip Republican youtube debate

07-28-2007, 04:44 AM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/07/27/romney_will_skipyoutube_forum.html

Romney took special exception to a question about global warming, posed by a snowman in one of the video questions. "I don't know that it makes sense to have people running for president answering questions posed from snowmen."

I have to say good for Romney. Glad someone is pointing out that this is ridiculous. But then it appears that not many candidates on the Republican side are now.

red states rule
07-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I ope the rest of the republican field will do so as well

The Dem Youtube debate was a joke

gabosaurus
07-29-2007, 11:43 PM
All the current GOP "candidates" are jokes. None has a chance in hell of getting election.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Why am I not surprised that Mitt Romney is too cowardly to answer to the people he says he wants to serve.

Just another republifascist liar.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I ope the rest of the republican field will do so as well

The Dem Youtube debate was a joke

At least they realize that the government serves the people.

The republifascists want the people to serve the government, like all authoritarian swine.

That's why they will lose.
The country is tired of bein' treated as unimportant.
We are not just cogs in their fuckin' money machine.

07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Why am I not surprised that Mitt Romney is too cowardly to answer to the people he says he wants to serve.

Just another republifascist liar.

I was unaware that Mitt Romney was running to be President of Snowmen. I guess we learn something new everyday.

gabosaurus
07-30-2007, 12:52 AM
The whole youtube thing is meant to prove that politicians can deal with real people. As opposed to well-heeled supporters and lobbyists.
The "average" American communicates through the internet. Youtube is a favorite way of doing so.
Romney's refusal demonstrates how out of touch he is with mainstream American. Not to mention how Mormons don't believe in watching TV.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 01:15 AM
The whole youtube thing is meant to prove that politicians can deal with real people. As opposed to well-heeled supporters and lobbyists.
The "average" American communicates through the internet. Youtube is a favorite way of doing so.
Romney's refusal demonstrates how out of touch he is with mainstream American. Not to mention how Mormons don't believe in watching TV.

Mormon's don't believe in TV? It must be in the book of Mormon then, to bad TV wasn't around when it wasn't written. Do you honestly believe half the shit that comes out of your mouth or do you just talk shit to talk shit?

07-30-2007, 01:27 AM

that is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. There have been questions from the audience in every debate. The candidates are out taking questions from real people every day on the campaign trail.

How the heck does providing politicians with the questions before the debate and having them hand picked by pundits prove they can deal with real people?

You want a real debate? Let's see how these politicians handle criticism. Have conservatives ask Democrats tough question and liberals ask Republicans tough questions. But the Democrats wont ever agree to that. They cant handle opposing views given. thats why they are afraid of Fox.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 01:47 AM
that is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. There have been questions from the audience in every debate. The candidates are out taking questions from real people every day on the campaign trail.

How the heck does providing politicians with the questions before the debate and having them hand picked by pundits prove they can deal with real people?

You want a real debate? Let's see how these politicians handle criticism. Have conservatives ask Democrats tough question and liberals ask Republicans tough questions. But the Democrats wont ever agree to that. They cant handle opposing views given. thats why they are afraid of Fox.

What do you think about the whole Mormon's don't believe in TV thing?

07-30-2007, 02:44 AM
What do you think about the whole Mormon's don't believe in TV thing?

Watching TV right now. So seems kinda dumb to me.

red states rule
07-30-2007, 03:31 AM

That is why Dems are scared of Fox News

They might have to answer some real questions

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Dems answer real questions every day, from real people.
The Youtube debates were a perfect example of their connection to the American public.
They had no problem at all.

The conservatards don't want to actually meet who they serve, because they don't serve the people, only their contributors and lobbyists.
That's why republifascists run in terror from the idea of actually confronting their constituency.
They fear the people.

Dems don't.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
The Youtube debates were a perfect example of their connection to the American public.

The conservatards don't want to actually meet who they serve, because they don't serve the people, only their contributors and lobbyists.
That's why republifascists run in terror from the idea of actually confronting their constituency.
They fear the people.

Dems don't.

:laugh2: I needed a good laugh. :laugh2:

darin
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM

They fear the people.

Dems don't.

After reading a few of your replies, and banning you from a few threads, I've exactly figured out your MO.

You will ALWAYS take the 180-degree viewpoint from the most-conservative participant of a thread, then toss in a couple of insults in an attempt to bait them into a flame-war.

Keep it up and you won't last long, aight? Chill out, and try to have fun w/ this thing.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't remove me from threads, fascist!

You are nothin but another conservatard who abuses whatever power he may have.

And a coward who can't stand anyone in opposition to his insane position.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 10:30 AM

There you go, call out a staff member and bitch about their decisions on a thread.............. How stupid are you? Actually you don't need to answer that question, we already know.

jimnyc
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Please re-read the rules and follow them. Consider this a warning. You will not question staff decisions on the forums, nor will you carry over conversations from locked threads and/or threads you have been removed from.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Please re-read the rules and follow them. Consider this a warning. You will not question staff decisions on the forums, nor will you carry over conversations from locked threads and/or threads you have been removed from.

Just to clarify as I didn't know this either since the ban from thread is kinda new. If for some reason we get banned from a thread we can't start a simular one or carry the conversation on somewhere else?

Abbey Marie
07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I was unaware that Mitt Romney was running to be President of Snowmen. I guess we learn something new everyday.

http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/punten.gif

:laugh2:

theHawk
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
All the current GOP "candidates" are jokes. None has a chance in hell of getting election.

Most of the GOP candidates are jokes. Mitt Romney has zero chance of winning a general election as a mormon. McCain and Rudy have taken positions on various issues that are completely at odds with conservatism. And most of the rest of the pack are all about continuing unfettered trade with China. Except Duncan Hunter, who is against NAFTA, the WTO, and China's unfair trade practices.

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Vote Ron Paul!

http://youtube.com/profile?user=RonPaul2008dotcom

Dilloduck
07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Awesome little jingle. Who plays guitar on that ?

Gunny
07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
There you go, call out a staff member and bitch about their decisions on a thread.............. How stupid are you? Actually you don't need to answer that question, we already know.

He's actually not stupid at all, and you're WAY out of your league. Just slink away slowly ...

Spyder Jerusalem
07-30-2007, 01:10 PM
He's actually not stupid at all, and you're WAY out of your league. Just slink away slowly ...

Will Rogers was glad he never met nevadamedic, cause he didn't want to be a liar.

Nevadamedic - on a mission to defame both Nevada and Medics everywhere.

Thanks, Gun...

Hagbard Celine
07-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Does anybody remember the Kennedy, Nixon debate? Kennedy won because he looked good on tv. Mitt Romney's a boob if he doesn't do the debate.

darin
07-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Banned from thread

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Just like you to stick up for a Liberal.............. Why am I not surprised..............

Gunny
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Just like you to stick up for a Liberal.............. Why am I not surprised..............

I've known spyder WAY longer than I have anyone on this board, and he hardly needs ME to stick up for shit.

I was merely pointing out it's really ugly watching someone like you walk eyes-wide-open into a thresher.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I've known spyder WAY longer than I have anyone on this board, and he hardly needs ME to stick up for shit.

I was merely pointing out it's really ugly watching someone like you walk eyes-wide-open into a thresher.

Then close your eyes.............

jimnyc
07-30-2007, 02:40 PM

It is far from "typical" for Gunny to stick up for a liberal. I've seen Gunny go toe to toe with more liberals than you've dreamed of. He's a straight shooter. I happen to agree with him too. I may not like Spyder's posting style, but it's very obvious that he's far from dumb.

Not sure where you dreamed up it was "typical" of Gunny. Have you read a lot of his posts? I'll take his word for just about anything and not think twice.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
It is far from "typical" for Gunny to stick up for a liberal. I've seen Gunny go toe to toe with more liberals than you've dreamed of. He's a straight shooter. I happen to agree with him too. I may not like Spyder's posting style, but it's very obvious that he's far from dumb.

Not sure where you dreamed up it was "typical" of Gunny. Have you read a lot of his posts? I'll take his word for just about anything and not think twice.

I've seen his stick up for plenty of Liberal's. It's disgusting really.

Kathianne
07-30-2007, 02:46 PM

LOL! If Gunny is 'liberal' so am I. How is seeing events without an eye always on the partisan spin, 'liberal?' What is disgusting about any of Gunny's posts?

Gunny
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM

Have it your own way.

But please DO explain your statement:

What does spyder being a liberal have to do with what I posted? And who are you calling a "liberal" any-damned-way? Haven't you been trying to push that freakin' wannabe Rudy as some kind of conservative?

Gunny
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM

You've seen me stick up for PEOPLE, NM, learn the difference. A liberal who can make an intelligent argument and can back it with facts gets my respect far more than a cut-n-paste wannabe conservative who couldn't win an argument with a two-years-old.

jimnyc
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM

You must have him confused with another Gunny. "Our" Gunny has always been nothing more than fair. He enjoys a great thrashing of a liberal every opportunity he gets. But there's certainly nothing wrong with acknowledging someone else's intelligence. If he has ever defended a liberal, I'm quite confident it was over something board related or non-political in nature.

And I'm in agreement with him again. He simply defended someone's intelligence level, he didn't defend a "liberal" as I see it. And FWIW - Gunny has been around on MANY political boards and knows many parties involved, and has earned the respect of both sides during that time.

07-30-2007, 03:04 PM

They fear the people.

Dems don't.

Hand picked questions from pundits are hardly questions from the American Public.

07-30-2007, 03:08 PM

maybe im missing something, but im not seeing any evidence that he isnt dumb...

Gunny
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
You must have him confused with another Gunny. "Our" Gunny has always been nothing more than fair. He enjoys a great thrashing of a liberal every opportunity he gets. But there's certainly nothing wrong with acknowledging someone else's intelligence. If he has ever defended a liberal, I'm quite confident it was over something board related or non-political in nature.

And I'm in agreement with him again. He simply defended someone's intelligence level, he didn't defend a "liberal" as I see it. And FWIW - Gunny has been around on MANY political boards and knows many parties involved, and has earned the respect of both sides during that time.

No, the truth is, spyder and I more than once tried to singlehandely destroy a board with our running gun battles. That in no way means I'm not going to respect his ability to debate and make a good argument; whether or not I agree with it.

And obviously NM was not around when loosecannon first got here.

OCA
07-30-2007, 04:08 PM

They fear the people.

Dems don't.

Dems need the people, well the people's money anyway.

Hagbard Celine
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Dems need the people, well the people's money anyway.

Hoooooo! Boo ya! Take that "libs!"

Pale Rider
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
There is truth to the notion that the dems more closely resemble and support morons, drop outs, the less than brilliant, the weird, the crazy, pretty much any nut case or "sicko" there is. Conservatives on the other hand more closely resemble and support the creative, the intelligent, the successful, the religious, the people of high moral fabric and character, and that is NOT what you're going to find a lot of on youtube.

I can see why Romney is not going to participate. He'll get more support for NOT doing it than he would have for doing it. We intelligent people realize what a joke youtube is. You democraps can have it. I'll pass, and thank you Mitt for having the sense and insight NOT to participate. I hope ALL the conservatives turn it down. They'd have my respect for having good judgement.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 04:28 PM
No, the truth is, spyder and I more than once tried to singlehandely destroy a board with our running gun battles. That in no way means I'm not going to respect his ability to debate and make a good argument; whether or not I agree with it.

And obviously NM was not around when loosecannon first got here.

The hell I wasn't he was the first person I got into it with and it lasted almost until he left the board.......

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I was also here when the whole Nerd Herd(Lily, Samantha and their lot) was stiring up their usual BS.

OCA
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Hoooooo! Boo ya! Take that "libs!"

Its not true Hag? Name me the last time Dems in power did not raise taxes.

OCA
07-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Nevada do not be a fool, you suck at flaming and debate which are pretty much the two things we do here and Spyder, albeit a fool and a degenerate, is not stupid and is actually about as close as you are going to get at reaching my level of flame sophistication, he just needs more training in order to flame/debate at the same time.

Regardless he will tear you a new asshole so why not leave it to me, the big boy, to handle this shit, ok? Please don't embarrass yourself further by calling Gunny a lib...............that shit was freaking funny!:laugh2:

Trigg
07-30-2007, 05:49 PM

If internet debates are coming into style than I think he needs to include himself.

I'm questioning your last sentence here. Do you have a problem with Mormons?? IF so why??

The man doesn't have to watch TV to be up to date on current events. Most of the shows on TV are crap these days anyway.

Trigg
07-30-2007, 05:50 PM

The crop the dems have come up with are god awful also. Do you really think Hitlery has a chance??

You guys should have won last time. Unfortunatally the best the dems could come up with was Kerry.

Kathianne
07-30-2007, 05:59 PM
The crop the dems have come up with are god awful also. Do you really think Hitlery has a chance??

You guys should have won last time. Unfortunatally the best the dems could come up with was Kerry.

I'm sorry to say, right now I think Hillary has a very good chance. The most likely candidate is Rudy, who will result in massive right conservatives abstaining or going with other candidates. I could vote for him, but then again, I'm not 'right'.

07-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry to say, right now I think Hillary has a very good chance. The most likely candidate is Rudy, who will result in massive right conservatives abstaining or going with other candidates. I could vote for him, but then again, I'm not 'right'.

I wouldnt think the American people would be so short sighted.

Trigg
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM

I like Giuliani, yes his stance on abortion is not with the christian right but I for one don't have a problem with it.

Talking to some dems I know, including sadly enough my sister, they wouldn't vote for her. I really think if they run her they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Pale Rider
07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I like Giuliani, yes his stance on abortion is not with the christian right but I for one don't have a problem with it.

Talking to some dems I know, including sadly enough my sister, they wouldn't vote for her. I really think if they run her they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

They would be. That's why I hope she is the dem nominee. She's unelectable, period. So is obama bin laden.

Trigg
07-30-2007, 06:28 PM
They would be. That's why I hope she is the dem nominee. She unelectable, period. So is obama bin laden.

We agree completely. Of course after she looses them the election they'll piss and moan about it being rigged again and we'll have to go through all those dimpled chads. :lame2:

Gunny
07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
maybe im missing something, but im not seeing any evidence that he isnt dumb...

Pick a topic and debate him straight up on it without any BS.

Gunny
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
The hell I wasn't he was the first person I got into it with and it lasted almost until he left the board.......

Perhaps you need to refamiliarize yourself with a few threads in the Steel Cage and one of the Pelosi Felony threads in particular. or you could find the threads between manfrommaine and me.

In other words, there's no basis for your argument except this ... no one leads me around by the nose. I am mostly conservative, but I DO have some beliefs some would label liberal. It's just a matter of right from wrong, not parrotting what the daily party blog tells me to.

Try thinking for yourself sometime.

nevadamedic
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM

They did a poll recently and it showed 50% if Democrat's wont vote for her under any circumstances. If she get's the ticket it will be an interesting election. I also bet there will be a few Independant's enter the race.

What's to stop one of the Republican's from switching to Independant to get on the ballot then if they got elected switch back to Republican? If that's legal that would be a good move for someone like Tancredo or Giuliani to take being he was an Independant in the past. It sounds pretty unethical but it would work.

red states rule
07-31-2007, 04:16 AM
We agree completely. Of course after she looses them the election they'll piss and moan about it being rigged again and we'll have to go through all those dimpled chads. :lame2:

When was the last time libs lost an election and not whined about it being stolen?

red states rule
07-31-2007, 07:54 AM

They fear the people.

Dems don't.

Yea, the Dems stood up to the snowman worried about global warming so well