PDA

View Full Version : Polls Tightening, Donald Trump Close to Margin of Error in Swing States

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 02:02 AM
Polls Tightening, Donald Trump Close to Margin of Error in Swing States

As the weeks tick down to Election Day, the polls are continuing to tighten, with surveys showing states such as Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio pulling to within or near the margin of error.

In the recent Remington Research Group polls, Hillary leads in Colorado (45 to 43), Pennsylvania (45 to 42), Wisconsin (46 to 41), and Virginia (48 to 43). The polls were taken between October 20 to 22, but the margin of error is plus or minus 2.5 percent, meaning that many of these Hillary leads are perhaps smaller than they appear.

The Remington polls find Trump up in several states, as well. Trump tops Clinton in Ohio (46 to 42), North Carolina (47 to 44), and Nevada (47 to 44). In Florida Remington finds Trump and Clinton tied at 46 each.

In no case in the Remington polls does Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson exceed five percent.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/10/25/polls-tightening-donald-trump-close-margin-error-swing-states/

OCA
10-26-2016, 06:36 AM
Realclearpolitics.com Oct.26

FL Clinton +1.6
OH Trump +1.1
PA Clinton +5.2
WI Clinton +6.5
IA Trump +3.7
NV Clinton +3.6

You do know Breitbart is heavily invested in Drumpf's campaign right? You do know that this alt right rag is touting just 1 poll out of hundreds taken daily right?

You are smarter than this.

He has no path to 270.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Realclearpolitics.com Oct.26

FL Clinton +1.6
OH Trump +1.1
PA Clinton +5.2
WI Clinton +6.5
IA Trump +3.7
NV Clinton +3.6

You do know Breitbart is heavily invested in Drumpf's campaign right? You do know that this alt right rag is touting just 1 poll out of hundreds taken daily right?

You are smarter than this.

He has no path to 270.

They were talking swing states.

But let's see how correct you are, Mikey - link us to where these HUNDREDS of polls are that are taken daily at RCP - I call your bluff - you are WRONG AGAIN - as usual.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:21 AM
They were talking swing states.

But let's see how correct you are, Mikey - link us to where these HUNDREDS of polls are that are taken daily at RCP - I call your bluff - you are WRONG AGAIN - as usual.

Those are the swing states.

Realclear takes the average of all polls taken daily in each state, maybe i'm wrong on hundreds but surely it's many.

These are the most accurate numbers out there, you know it, i know it.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:23 AM
I see where you misunderstood, you thought i was saying Realclear takes polls......you are forgiven.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Those are the swing states.

Realclear takes the average of all polls taken daily in each state, maybe i'm wrong on hundreds but surely it's many.

These are the most accurate numbers out there, you know it, i know it.

You will see maybe FIVE polls TOPS - and even that is much more than usual. And for the national election - they simply do national averages - not averages of each state to make up the total. But you knew this already, didn't you?

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:24 AM
I see where you misunderstood, you thought i was saying Realclear takes polls......you are forgiven.

Nice try, they simply report on polls from around the nation and average it out. They don't come remotely near "hundreds" per day. In fact, some days there are no national polls at all.

There's nothing to forgive you for. You're just plain old wrong as usual.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:30 AM
You will see maybe FIVE polls TOPS - and even that is much more than usual. And for the national election - they simply do national averages - not averages of each state to make up the total. But you knew this already, didn't you?

So you're conclusion is that they are wrong and that Rasmussen alone which is what i think Breitbart touted is right?

You know the longer you hold out hope the harder it will be. Oh and she is actually up 2.0 in N.C. also.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Nice try, they simply report on polls from around the nation and average it out. They don't come remotely near "hundreds" per day. In fact, some days there are no national polls at all.

There's nothing to forgive you for. You're just plain old wrong as usual.

Nah, i'm right but i already knew that. You just said exactly what i said about Realclear, reread it.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:33 AM
So you're conclusion is that they are wrong and that Rasmussen alone which is what i think Breitbart touted is right?

You know the longer you hold out hope the harder it will be. Oh and she is actually up 2.0 in N.C. also.

You said they post hundreds of polls per day.

They are lucky if they post 3-5 per day - and some days it's 1 and other days it is ZERO. You are WAY off in your "hundreds" crap, or are just lying.

THERE ARE NOT HUNDREDS - and now you are pulling your usual and will try and alter the subject.

YOU INVENTED IT, Mikey, and said they do hundreds per day. That's MORE than just wrong.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:41 AM
You said they post hundreds of polls per day.

They are lucky if they post 3-5 per day - and some days it's 1 and other days it is ZERO. You are WAY off in your "hundreds" crap, or are just lying.

THERE ARE NOT HUNDREDS - and now you are pulling your usual and will try and alter the subject.

YOU INVENTED IT, Mikey, and said they do hundreds per day. That's MORE than just wrong.

I already said maybe not hundreds but clearly many polls. Sorry i said hundreds. Who the fuck are you? Jesus of Nazareth?

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:44 AM
I already said maybe not hundreds but clearly many polls. Sorry i said hundreds. Who the fuck are you? Jesus of Nazareth?

Sure, hundreds of polls - but really being 1 - 5 maximum. It just irritates me when someone makes such shit up as they go along is all.

Elessar
10-26-2016, 11:44 AM
If there were 'hundreds', they would be posted.

Or given a link to access the 'hundreds'.

Polls are selective for the most part anyway. They trail the unwilling
and ignorant down a path to a pre-destined conclusion. liberals love them.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:47 AM
Truth is, there are days with no polls. Then days with one. Then days with a couple of them. The past 4 days there have been 9 polls.

Just like RCP, let's average that out, Mikey - I believe that's 2.25 polls per day. A far cry from the hundreds. :)

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Sure, hundreds of polls - but really being 1 - 5 maximum. It just irritates me when someone makes such shit up as they go along is all.

As we both already know i ain't perfect, close but still a couple ladder rungs from the almighty. I'm at work doing this shit on my phone and sometimrs i type faster than i think.

But still you can't honestly believe your numbers are more correct than realclear. If you don't believe Realclear do you at least believe Nate Silver?

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Truth is, there are days with no polls. Then days with one. Then days with a couple of them. The past 4 days there have been 9 polls.

Just like RCP, let's average that out, Mikey - I believe that's 2.25 polls per day. A far cry from the hundreds. :)

Ok fuck it, you are like a dog who found a bone and ain't gonna leave until it's dust......sigh

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:51 AM
As we both already know i ain't perfect, close but still a couple ladder rungs from the almighty. I'm at work doing this shit on my phone and sometimrs i type faster than i think.

But still you can't honestly believe your numbers are more correct than realclear. If you don't believe Realclear do you at least believe Nate Silver?

Nate Silver is a hack.

I do believe the RCP averages, never said otherwise - I just laughed at you when you tried to make it sound as if they do or average hundreds of polls daily.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Ok fuck it, you are like a dog who found a bone and ain't gonna leave until it's dust......sigh

Mike, with you I would be finding bones left and right, I just found this one laughable, and something ANYONE could disprove in mere seconds, that's all. It's not my fault that you continued to argue it all the way through the first page before finally relenting and admitting you were wrong.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Nate Silver is a hack.

I do believe the RCP averages, never said otherwise - I just laughed at you when you tried to make it sound as if they do or average hundreds of polls daily.

A hack that has missed 1......1 state in 4 elections.

You just don't like that he has Hillary stomping ass.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Mike, with you I would be finding bones left and right, I just found this one laughable, and something ANYONE could disprove in mere seconds, that's all. It's not my fault that you continued to argue it all the way through the first page before finally relenting and admitting you were wrong.

I'll argue that Smirnoff is better than Grey Goose if i feel like it.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 12:01 PM
I'll argue that Smirnoff is better than Grey Goose if i feel like it.

And you could also argue that 1 + 1 = 4 and then swear it equals hundreds!! :laugh:

OCA
10-26-2016, 12:29 PM
And you could also argue that 1 + 1 = 4 and then swear it equals hundreds!! :laugh:

Eat shit Mikey Situation!

Black Diamond
10-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Nah, i'm right but i already knew that. You just said exactly what i said about Realclear, reread it.

So you won't be back when Trump wins?

gabosaurus
10-26-2016, 01:00 PM
Geez people, at least TRY to be civil. :argue:

I think we all realize that, no matter the outcome, the real loser will be the American people.