PDA

View Full Version : (91%) has been hostile - Trump

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 02:08 AM
MRC Study: Documenting TV’s Twelve Weeks of Trump Bashing

In the twelve weeks since the party conventions concluded in late July, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has received significantly more broadcast network news coverage than his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, but nearly all of that coverage (91%) has been hostile, according to a new study by the Media Research Center (MRC).

In addition, the networks spent far more airtime focusing on the personal controversies involving Trump (440 minutes) than about similar controversies involving Clinton (185 minutes). Donald Trump’s treatment of women was given 102 minutes of evening news airtime, more than that allocated to discussing Clinton’s e-mail scandal (53 minutes) and the Clinton Foundation pay-for-play scandals (40 minutes) combined.

For this study, the MRC analyzed all 588 evening news stories that either discussed or mentioned the presidential campaign on the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts from July 29 through October 20 (including weekends). The networks devoted 1,191 minutes to the presidential campaign during this period, or nearly 29 percent of all news coverage.

Our measure of campaign spin was designed to isolate the networks’ own slant, not the back-and-forth of the campaign trail. Thus, our analysts ignored soundbites which merely showcased the traditional party line (Republicans supporting Trump and bashing Clinton, and vice versa), and instead tallied evaluative statements which imparted a clear positive or negative tone to the story. Such statements may have been presented as quotes from non-partisan talking heads such as experts or voters, quotes from partisans who broke ranks (Republicans attacking Trump or Democrats criticizing Clinton), or opinionated statements from the reporter themselves.

Additionally, we separated personal evaluations of each candidate from statements about their prospects in the campaign horse race (i.e., standings in the polls, chances to win, etc.). While such comments can have an effect on voters (creating a bandwagon effect for those seen as winning, or demoralizing the supports of those portrayed as losing), they are not “good press” or “bad press” as understood by media scholars as far back as Michael Robinson’s groundbreaking research on the 1980 presidential campaign.

The results show neither candidate was celebrated by the media (as Obama was in 2008), but network reporters went out of their way to hammer Trump day after day, while Clinton was largely out of their line of fire.

Rest here - http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2016/10/25/mrc-study-documenting-tvs-twelve-weeks-trump-bashing

OCA
10-26-2016, 06:42 AM
And this is news how? Man it's part of the deal here in good ol'Murica. He should be or should've factored this into his game plan. Everybody knows the media is left and will heap neg attention on the R candidate, not front page news.

OCA
10-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Imo though much of it has been self inflicted, he simply can't shut his piehole.

Drummond
10-26-2016, 06:44 AM
MRC Study: Documenting TV’s Twelve Weeks of Trump Bashing

In the twelve weeks since the party conventions concluded in late July, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has received significantly more broadcast network news coverage than his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, but nearly all of that coverage (91%) has been hostile, according to a new study by the Media Research Center (MRC).

In addition, the networks spent far more airtime focusing on the personal controversies involving Trump (440 minutes) than about similar controversies involving Clinton (185 minutes). Donald Trump’s treatment of women was given 102 minutes of evening news airtime, more than that allocated to discussing Clinton’s e-mail scandal (53 minutes) and the Clinton Foundation pay-for-play scandals (40 minutes) combined.

For this study, the MRC analyzed all 588 evening news stories that either discussed or mentioned the presidential campaign on the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts from July 29 through October 20 (including weekends). The networks devoted 1,191 minutes to the presidential campaign during this period, or nearly 29 percent of all news coverage.

Our measure of campaign spin was designed to isolate the networks’ own slant, not the back-and-forth of the campaign trail. Thus, our analysts ignored soundbites which merely showcased the traditional party line (Republicans supporting Trump and bashing Clinton, and vice versa), and instead tallied evaluative statements which imparted a clear positive or negative tone to the story. Such statements may have been presented as quotes from non-partisan talking heads such as experts or voters, quotes from partisans who broke ranks (Republicans attacking Trump or Democrats criticizing Clinton), or opinionated statements from the reporter themselves.

Additionally, we separated personal evaluations of each candidate from statements about their prospects in the campaign horse race (i.e., standings in the polls, chances to win, etc.). While such comments can have an effect on voters (creating a bandwagon effect for those seen as winning, or demoralizing the supports of those portrayed as losing), they are not “good press” or “bad press” as understood by media scholars as far back as Michael Robinson’s groundbreaking research on the 1980 presidential campaign.

The results show neither candidate was celebrated by the media (as Obama was in 2008), but network reporters went out of their way to hammer Trump day after day, while Clinton was largely out of their line of fire.

Rest here - http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2016/10/25/mrc-study-documenting-tvs-twelve-weeks-trump-bashing

Left-wing media are utterly determined to see Trump demonised. That is clear.

Since it's your election, not ours, our media can take a more leisurely approach .. a less intensive one, than your own. Here ... they DID demonise Trump as a racist, bigoted extremist (possibly unhinged), utterly unfit for high office, much less the US Presidency.

With the more recent scandals, of course, the UK media have run with it. But it's more to try and build upon his 'unfitness' for high office than anything else.

The scandals involving Hillary Clinton have gone largely unreported (though there's been mention of them of late). But I think that's only because our media feel they can do it with her 'integrity comparatively intact', since such a good job has been done to marginalise Trump in our minds.

If Clinton wins, I think our own people will actually see her as a respectable figure, and think that the world has 'dodged the bullet' over Trump.

It'll be a triumph of dirty dealings and smearing, if Trump loses with the current climate still in force. We all know that. Our media will probably castigate Trump should he do the right thing and contest a loss which will have been engineered through smears and the obscuring of REAL issues, such as, America's future !!!

Drummond
10-26-2016, 06:47 AM
Imo though much of it has been self inflicted, he simply can't shut his piehole.

Having been comprehensively demonised and smeared, he must now start to be 'silent' about it ?

Lefties really don't believe in fair play, do they ? I hate to break it to you .. but ... people have RIGHTS. Trump, 'very naughtily', is exercising his.

It's called 'free speech' ....

Abbey Marie
10-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Just saw a CNN clip of Trump answering a couple of questions about Obamacare. When it came back to the anchor, she gave a condescending smirk so obvious it was absurd. It's not just negative coverage of Trump's words, it's outright derision from news folks.

OCA
10-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Just saw a CNN clip of Trump answering a couple of questions about Obamacare. When it came back to the anchor, she gave a condescending smirk so obvious it was absurd. It's not just negative coverage of Trump's words, it's outright derision from news folks.

Do you think it's deserved or undeserved? For me personally i can't look or listen to him without laughing, he's that much of a joke.

Abbey Marie
10-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Do you think it's deserved or undeserved? For me personally i can't look or listen to him without laughing, he's that much of a joke.

I think our news people have no business inserting their personal politics into simple news coverage. If they want to editorialize, there are plenty of outlets to do so.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2016, 09:46 AM

YET, ALL OF THIS OBVIOUS BIAS,DERISION AND OUTRIGHT LYING GOING ON IN ORDER TO DISCREDIT AND DEMONIZE TRUMP IS IGNORED BY SO MANY ATTEMPTING TO PLAY THE PART OF IMPARTIAL CRITIC, WHILE THEY DO SO MERELY TO AID THE HILDA-BEAST.
I see such blatant displays of dishonesty, treachery and hypocrisy and think--what low scoundrels these people are.
And that is with my total disregard of the lying media-hyped reputations these so-called great people..
Most of them live a moral life that even a poor starving peasant in the 14th century would be ashamed of.
Repugnant disgust, does not adequately describe my feelings for these so-called enlightened ingrates.... --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2016, 09:49 AM

Really?
So how does that equate with the judgment of the Hillary you surely must have as well.
For what matters, if when you judge him , you erroneously choose not to truly and intelligently judge and compare with her?-Tyr

OCA
10-26-2016, 09:51 AM
I think our news people have no business inserting their personal politics into simple news coverage. If they want to editorialize, there are plenty of outlets to do so.

I thin that is a tall order when it is Humans who cover and deliver the news. I think in the case of Trump and especially the ones who pool with him daily and have to hear the absolute travesties he spews......they are being rather patriotic.

OCA
10-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Really?
So how does that equate with the judgment of the Hillary you surely must have as well.
For what matters, if when you judge him , you erroneously choose not to truly and intelligently judge and compare with her?-Tyr

Compared to her? Still an absolute joke.

OCA
10-26-2016, 09:54 AM
Anybody who speaks well of Drumpf i automatically question their intelligence and integrity.

OCA
10-26-2016, 09:57 AM
I've often thought lately of being a door to door salesman and targeting only homes with Drumpf yard signs because i know they will buy anything i sell.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Compared to her? Still an absolute joke.

How so?
Care to elaborate his negatives over her positives(that is if you can find any positives for her)??
Sure, its your opinion and you have every right to it but as it was given its quite broad and lacking in depth IMHO.
FOR ITS A CONCLUSION -(he is a joke)- TO A COMPARISON IN WHICH YOU'VE GIVEN NO LOGICAL OR RATIONAL SPECS/DETAILS ON, IMHO.
WHICH WOULD BE JUST FINE -IF ONE IS DISCUSSING PERSONAL FEELINGS BASED ENTIRELY UPON PERCEIVED CHARACTER
FLAWS AND/OR STRENGTHS OF BOTH PARTIES.
Yet somehow I do not see that being represented by any substantial facts, as is the case in your reply.. -TYR

OCA
10-26-2016, 10:20 AM
How so?
Care to elaborate his negatives over her positives(that is if you can find any positives for her)??
Sure, its your opinion and you have every right to it but as it was given its quite broad and lacking in depth IMHO.
FOR ITS A CONCLUSION -(he is a joke)- TO A COMPARISON IN WHICH YOU'VE GIVEN NO LOGICAL OR RATIONAL SPECS/DETAILS ON, IMHO.
WHICH WOULD BE JUST FINE -IF ONE IS DISCUSSING PERSONAL FEELINGS BASED ENTIRELY UPON PERCEIVED CHARACTER
FLAWS AND/OR STRENGTHS OF BOTH PARTIES.
Yet somehow I do not see that being represented by any substantial facts, as is the case in your reply.. -TYR

Go to her website and then go to his i'm almost 100% in agreement with her positions vs his. I'm currently working and don't have time nor the compunction to write a thesis at your request.

OCA
10-26-2016, 10:25 AM
I'll tell you what Tyr, pick any policy position of his and we'll discuss it. I won't do character because hthat is unfair to Donny, he has none.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Go to her website and then go to his i'm almost 100% in agreement with her positions vs his. I'm currently working and don't have time nor the compunction to write a thesis at your request.

Answering no would have been just fine. I fully understand when it is due to a lack of time, as such is often the case with me and how much time I can contribute here lately.
However , lets just let the question stand a few days and if you ever find time to do it justice in reply that justifies your statements on Trump and your support for her, even if not a thesis written -then do feel free to enlighten we poor Trump peons..
I promise not to belittle any such(if generously given) because is not a treatise on political philosophy or a thesis on "Trumpology"...

"Sapientia est in vita, aut est verum ex is darkness picta alba"-Tyr

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Anybody who speaks well of Drumpf i automatically question their intelligence and integrity.

We didn't even need Trump, we knew that of you just by your own typing, years ago.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 10:52 AM
I never imagined that OCA finding a gay man entering his life would have him literally alter almost every one of his positions. <---- and in more ways than one with those positions. Sad little monkey being led by his gay lover.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:12 AM
I never imagined that OCA finding a gay man entering his life would have him literally alter almost every one of his positions. <---- and in more ways than one with those positions. Sad little monkey being led by his gay lover.

Hahahaha Jimmy! I told you on that day i "thrust" lol the ring on your finger that i would never foresake you......our secret is safe with me.

OCA
10-26-2016, 11:14 AM
We didn't even need Trump, we knew that of you just by your own typing, years ago.

Isn't this an example of trolling? I learn well from you obiwan!

Gunny
10-26-2016, 11:19 AM
And this is news how? Man it's part of the deal here in good ol'Murica. He should be or should've factored this into his game plan. Everybody knows the media is left and will heap neg attention on the R candidate, not front page news.

Those ARE givens. They're also obvious as Hell. The RNC/Right/whoever you want to call them refuse to face the enemy in front of them. They're too busy living in some ideological world that doesn't exist.

That in no way negates the fact the left, in collusion with the MSM are patently dishonest. The DNC needs to change it's name to NBC Lackies and get it over with.

Elessar
10-26-2016, 12:26 PM

Most are too one-sided and blindly led to be objective. I cannot understand why so many need to be
led by the nose with these people. They think they are high and holy, when it amounts to them
just spewing self-beliefs.

Gunny
10-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Most are too one-sided and blindly led to be objective. I cannot understand why so many need to be
led by the nose with these people. They think they are high and holy, when it amounts to them
just spewing self-beliefs.

Think abut it. Wasn't basic easier than active duty? Why? You don't have to think in basic. You just react on command. Your whole day is planned, lights to lights. When you hit the decision-making world you have to think for yourself. Unless someone's offering free answers.

I can't believe people want to be sheep either, but the facts are there.

Elessar
10-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Think abut it. Wasn't basic easier than active duty? Why? You don't have to think in basic. You just react on command. Your whole day is planned, lights to lights. When you hit the decision-making world you have to think for yourself. Unless someone's offering free answers.

I can't believe people want to be sheep either, but the facts are there.

Some truth in that to be honest, but since I was anointed as RCC (Recruit Company Commander) I was forced
to think quite often! :laugh::laugh:

gabosaurus
10-26-2016, 06:09 PM
I promise that the media will lay off Trump in a couple of weeks. :cool:

OCA
10-26-2016, 06:10 PM

In exactly 13 days he'll be a distant memory.

Sir Evil
10-26-2016, 06:11 PM

Did you create that sentence all by yourself? :beer:

Elessar
10-26-2016, 08:20 PM

I would not lay odds on that.:laugh:

red states rule
10-27-2016, 03:23 PM

Jim, is it me, or would Mike's life be better if Hillary would run for Pope?

That way he would only have to kiss her ring

Drummond
10-27-2016, 05:46 PM

The direction they're receiving guarantees it ?

Tell me more ....

red states rule
10-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Is anyone really surprised by this?

Journalists Have Donated Nearly $400K to Hillary Clinton’s Campaign96% of disclosed campaign contributions from journalists went to the Clinton campaign.Members of the news media are helping bank roll Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
So says a report Monday from the nonprofit journalism outfit theCenter for Public Integrity (https://www.publicintegrity.org/2016/10/17/20330/journalists-shower-hillary-clinton-campaign-cash).
Between Jan. 1 2015 and Aug. 30 2016, those who identified themselves in federal campaign finance filings as journalists, reporters, news editors or television news anchors — and others known to be working in journalism — donated more than $396,000 combined to the presidential campaigns of Clinton and Trump, according to the report. The vast majority of those funds — about $382,000, or 96% — went to the Democratic nominee. Only about $14,000 went to the Republican.

http://time.com/money/4533729/hillary-clinton-journalist-campaign-donations/

Sir Evil
10-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Jim, is it me, or would Mike's life be better if Hillary would run for Pope?

That way he would only have to kiss her ring

Interesting avatar RSR! Funny how quick people can change, perhaps like OCA? but do you not remember being on the same page as him at one time? take the blinders and maybe you won't see the line in the sand. Think about this, we are likely to be of the very same opinion but I still think you are a bit of a douche bag! :laugh:

Elessar
10-27-2016, 09:41 PM

That is the style these days with the MSN. They largely believe they are smarter than anyone else
and can preach to the masses.

Most could not pour p*** out of a boot even with the instructions written on the heel.:laugh:

OCA
10-27-2016, 10:57 PM
Interesting avatar RSR! Funny how quick people can change, perhaps like OCA? but do you not remember being on the same page as him at one time? take the blinders and maybe you won't see the line in the sand. Think about this, we are likely to be of the very same opinion but I still think you are a bit of a douche bag! :laugh:

:trolls:

red states rule
10-28-2016, 01:54 AM

I like the avatar as well. I t brings back many memories and I am sure for others as well. However someone must got a hair up their ass and complained and Jim took it down. I am NOT questioning the actions of a mod - he runs this board and his decision is final.

As I have posted many times, Mike brought me here. No blinders on SE Mike has made his "turn" and I am simply having fun pointing out his BS. LIke the heal in wrestling he is trying to get a pop from the crowd

However he is like most internet tough guys - he can dish it out but he cannot take it