PDA

View Full Version : Trump: I'll Spend $100M of My Money to Win

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Donald Trump will continue to invest in his campaign, claiming he'll spend $100 million of his own money by Election Day.

"I will have over $100 million in the campaign, and I'm prepared to go much more than that," he told CNN's Dana Bash outside his new Washington, D.C. hotel, though he did not divulge the exact figure.

"In the old days, you'd get credit: If you would spend less money and have victory, that would be a good thing. Today, they want you to spend money."

Trump also expressed confidence that he'll defeat Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton despite many polls showing him trailing the former secretary of state.

"We are going to have, I think, a tremendous victory," he said. "If I didn't think that, I wouldn't say it."

Trump has yet to put $60 million into his campaign, according to records reviewed by CNN, and his contributions "slowed considerably" after he won the Republican nomination. His contributions from Oct. 1 to 19 will be revealed on Thursday.

According to Western Journalism, Trump brought in the largest small-donor fundraising pack in the history of the Republican Party. From small individual contributions of $200 or less, the billionaire has raised $78.6 million, over $30 million more than former nominee Mitt Romney and $18 million more than John McCain.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Campaign-Spend-Millions/2016/10/26/id/755468/

OCA
10-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Donald Trump will continue to invest in his campaign, claiming he'll spend $100 million of his own money by Election Day.

"I will have over $100 million in the campaign, and I'm prepared to go much more than that," he told CNN's Dana Bash outside his new Washington, D.C. hotel, though he did not divulge the exact figure.

"In the old days, you'd get credit: If you would spend less money and have victory, that would be a good thing. Today, they want you to spend money."

Trump also expressed confidence that he'll defeat Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton despite many polls showing him trailing the former secretary of state.

"We are going to have, I think, a tremendous victory," he said. "If I didn't think that, I wouldn't say it."

Trump has yet to put $60 million into his campaign, according to records reviewed by CNN, and his contributions "slowed considerably" after he won the Republican nomination. His contributions from Oct. 1 to 19 will be revealed on Thursday.

According to Western Journalism, Trump brought in the largest small-donor fundraising pack in the history of the Republican Party. From small individual contributions of $200 or less, the billionaire has raised $78.6 million, over $30 million more than former nominee Mitt Romney and $18 million more than John McCain.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Campaign-Spend-Millions/2016/10/26/id/755468/

"There goes my inheritance" Donald Trump Jr.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 03:13 PM

While I don't think he's worth the 10 billion number that was often spouted, $70 - $100 million is hardly harming his inheritance, that's for sure.

Not to mention, none of them need it, the Trump kids are all successful themselves.

OCA
10-26-2016, 03:43 PM
While I don't think he's worth the 10 billion number that was often spouted, $70 - $100 million is hardly harming his inheritance, that's for sure.

Not to mention, none of them need it, the Trump kids are all successful themselves.

Reminds me of Mark Cuban's quote:Trump has 10b only if i loan him 9.5b. :laugh2:

Bilgerat
10-26-2016, 03:54 PM

Since his net worth is 150 mill, I'm thinking he's not sweating it :laugh:

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 03:55 PM
Reminds me of Mark Cuban's quote:Trump has 10b only if i loan him 9.5b. :laugh2:

I like Cuban, always have! The day he started talking trash right back in the faces of the NBA and told them he couldn't care less about their fines, I started liking him.

But he's still wrong. He's just a good trash talker, one of the best.

jimnyc
10-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Since his net worth is 150 mill, I'm thinking he's not sweating it :laugh:

Ivanka, Eric and Junior all have $150 million and up already in their accounts. I'm sure if they take care of themselves and invest wisely, they shouldn't have to worry too much about retiring and their inheritance.

bullypulpit
10-27-2016, 04:21 AM
According to data from Drumpf's FEC documentation, a significant amount of campaign funding has been directed to his businesses and his family.
“He could end up turning a profit if he repaid himself for the campaign loans,” said Paul S. Ryan, a campaign finance expert with the Campaign Legal Center. “He could get all his money back plus the profit margin for what his campaign has paid himself for goods and services.” - Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/us/politics/donald-trump-self-funding-payments.html?_r=0