View Full Version : Clinton fails to contain damage from email leaks

jimnyc
10-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Clinton fails to contain damage from email leaks

Hillary Clinton has failed to effectively contain the damage from the release of thousands of campaign chairman John Podesta’s personal emails, giving new ammunition to Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

The fallout from the daily releases have raised concerns among Democrats that even if Clinton is elected president, the controversy will follow her into the White House.

The Clinton campaign has refused to confirm the authenticity of the emails and has sought to cast doubt on them at every turn, noting that the exchanges were stolen by Russian hackers and could have been doctored.

They have sought to deflect attention from the contents of the emails by describing the hacks as an unprecedented interference in the U.S. election by foreign adversaries that threatens the nation’s sovereignty.

And they have lashed out at the media for covering what they describe as trivial political minutia rather than the national security implications of the hacked emails.

None of it has been enough to staunch the daily flow of new emails published by WikiLeaks or the media’s interest in the contents of the emails.

Instead, interest appears to be ramping up over the final two weeks before Election Day.

Anyone with an internet connection can dig into the thousands of pages of emails, which have revealed infighting among Clinton’s top advisers, as well as new details about the millions of dollars flowing into the Clinton’s charitable foundation and personal bank accounts.

The campaign took another hit on Wednesday when a close confidant confirmed the contents of one of the more damaging emails, undermining the suggestion that they may have been doctored.

The email and attached memo, penned by longtime Clinton Foundation fundraiser Doug Band, has led to renewed calls for the charitable foundation to be shuttered if Clinton takes office in January.

Democratic strategists say that while Trump's peccadilloes have so far largely distracted from the alleged revelations, Clinton will lose that cover on Nov. 8 if she’s elected president.

“That’s a big part of the Clinton problem; they’re so stubborn dealing with this stuff,” Democratic strategist Brad Bannon said, referring to the revelations about the Clinton Foundation. “They refuse to acknowledge anything and deal with it. Basically they’re strategy as far as I can see is whistle past the graveyard and just hope no one pays attention to it.

Rest here - http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/303180-clinton-fails-to-contain-the-damage-from-email-leaks

Kathianne
10-28-2016, 01:40 PM
This is what I've been saying since they were first released, it takes time for people to get the significance. We'll see what happens Nov. 8th. I wouldn't bet either way.

Now that the FBI has weighed in, again, we'll see where the people go on election day.

NightTrain
10-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Well, at the very least, Johnson and Stein will get a nice bump.

red states rule
10-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Well, at the very least, Johnson and Stein will get a nice bump.

and Trump will get a HUGE bump and keeps for the next 11 days

NightTrain
10-28-2016, 03:07 PM

I sure as hell hope so.

However, I suspect that the partisan lines are too deep at this point for crossover and a vote for the Lunatic Fringe would be more palatable.

red states rule
10-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Oh wait!!!

We have a NEW excuse that is being offered up to explain Hillary's illegals activity

The smartest women in the world, and best candidate for President did not understand the gravity of a secret email server :laugh2:

Biden: Hillary didn’t understand the “gravity” of secret e-mail serverPOSTED AT 12:01 PM ON OCTOBER 28, 2016 BY ED MORRISSEY
Welcome to Joe Biden’s tryout for Secretary of State (http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/28/hillary-wants-biden-secretary-state/), which succeeds in demonstrating one key skill — keeping a straight face while telling whoppers in public. In an interview to be aired in its entirety Sunday (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-hillary-clinton-didnt-recognize-gravity-of-setting-up-private-email-server/) on CBS’ Face the Nation, John Dickerson asks Biden to explain why Hillary Clinton hasn’t been forthcoming about her secret e-mail server. Biden tries to excuse it in two ways, both of which insult the intelligence of those viewing the exchange. First, Biden suggests that Hillary doesn’t understand the “gravity” of using a private, amateurish e-mail server for official State Department business. In the very next breath, Biden then excuses it because Hillary has “been so battered over the last thirty years.”
Scalp micturation level: High.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/28/biden-hillary-didnt-understand-gravity-secret-e-mail-server/

Drummond
10-28-2016, 06:11 PM

... oh, here's hoping so !!

Elessar
10-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Oh wait!!!

We have a NEW excuse that is being offered up to explain Hillary's illegals activity

The smartest women in the world, and best candidate for President did not understand the gravity of a secret email server :laugh2:
red states rule .. That from them is total Bullshit! I said that right from the start of this debacle..
I know better, so does @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), @namvet (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=574)....just to name two on this board.

red states rule
10-29-2016, 05:38 AM
Now there is a story FBI agents REFUSED to destroy several devices when ordered

If that is true we could learn what Hillary wanted to keep from hidden

My how Hillary supporters must be so proud of their candidate

red states rule
10-29-2016, 05:53 AM
@red states rule (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=60) .. That from them is total Bullshit! I said that right from the start of this debacle..
I know better, so does @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), @namvet (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=574)....just to name two on this board.

That is Shotgun Joe. He is bucking for a Cabinet job in Hillary's administration

To bad he may be on the unemployment line starting 1/20/17

bullypulpit
10-29-2016, 07:28 AM
"(C)orruption is on a scale we have never seen before"...Really? Wait until the lid is ripped off of Trump's tax returns. Oh, and let's not forget the fraud cases being prosecuted against "Trump U.". And gosh, the allegations of Trump's sexual predation continue to stack up like the cordwood around a heretic sentenced to burn at the stake. Yet the GOP prefers to wail, gnash its teeth and rend its clothing over this tempest in a teapot. Morally and intellectually bankrupt hypocrites...the lot of them.

And, I know it won't make any difference to the right wing-nutters trolling here, some basic facts about the matter.

1. The emails did not come from her private server.

2. The emails did not come from Hillary Clinton.

3. The device the emails were found on did not belong to Clinton.

4. There were only 3 emails being checked.

5. The Clinton campaign is already asking for transparency.

Source: http://reverbpress.com/news/5-facts-killed-new-hillary-email-scandal-less-afternoon/

Like I said, the facts aren't going to matter to the right wing trolls here, so pay those benighted souls no mind. They neither care bout, nor want to know about anything which contradicts the fragile construct that is their world view.

red states rule
10-29-2016, 07:32 AM
"(C)orruption is on a scale we have never seen before"...Really? Wait until the lid is ripped off of Trump's tax returns. Oh, and let's not forget the fraud cases being prosecuted against "Trump U.". And gosh, the allegations of Trump's sexual predation continue to stack up like the cordwood around a heretic sentenced to burn at the stake. Yet the GOP prefers to wail, gnash its teeth and rend its clothing over this tempest in a teapot. Morally and intellectually bankrupt hypocrites...the lot of them.

And, I know it won't make any difference to the right wing-nutters trolling here, some basic facts about the matter.

Source: http://reverbpress.com/news/5-facts-killed-new-hillary-email-scandal-less-afternoon/

Like I said, the facts aren't going to matter to the right wing trolls here. So just ignore them.

Here are some more facts for you BP

Hillary committed multiple counts of perjury

Hillary lied to the voters for over a year on her emails and private server

Hillary destroyed evidence under a legal subpoena

Hillary committed mail fraud in connection with the Clinton Foundation

You can try to parse words, ignore the facts, but the Dems now have their candidate for President once again under a criminal investigation

and no it is NOT a security review

Now run off, hide, and ignore the truth.

bullypulpit
10-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Here are some more facts for you BP

Hillary committed multiple counts of perjury

Hillary lied to the voters for over a year on her emails and private server

Hillary destroyed evidence under a legal subpoena

Hillary committed mail fraud in connection with the Clinton Foundation

You can try to parse words, ignore the facts, but the Dems now have their candidate for President once again under a criminal investigation

and no it is NOT a security review

Now run off, hide, and ignore the truth.

Aside from the sad fact that you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass, and having but a distant and tenuous relationship with reality, can you cite something other the same tired and demonstrably false shit the right-wing noise machine has been spewing ever since Bill's terms in office? (no need to answer, really, as I already know what it will be)

Gunny
10-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Aside from the sad fact that you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass, and having but a distant and tenuous relationship with reality, can you cite something other the same tired and demonstrably false shit the right-wing noise machine has been spewing ever since Bill's terms in office? (no need to answer, really, as I already know what it will be)

Very apt self-descriptor, Bully. You nailed yourself to a "t".

OCA
10-29-2016, 01:20 PM

Like I said, the facts aren't going to matter to the right wing trolls here, so pay those benighted souls no mind. They neither care bout, nor want to know about anything which contradicts the fragile construct that is their world view.

Look up "hyper partisan" in the dictionary and there is skinny Terry complete with speedo and 6 in heels.......fondling a cat of course.

red states rule
10-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Look up "hyper partisan" in the dictionary and there is skinny Terry complete with speedo and 6 in heels.......fondling a cat of course.

Look up obnoxious condescending asshole and there is Mike drooling over a pic of his fake wife trying to get in on with a sheep

red states rule
10-29-2016, 01:56 PM

I see you are oozing liberal tolerance BP

Sorry if the facts get under your thin skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkS26PX4rc

Elessar
10-29-2016, 02:43 PM

Pure Bullshit, BP.

The E-mails went from her official encrypted and secure E-mail account while SOC.
They went to her private server. There she sent them out, which is a violation of Federal Law.

She redistributed them from her private server. She had no legal right to declassify any of
them according to Federal Law and Statue.

She had 11 different mobile devices available - NONE cleared by OPSEC or the Security Agreement
She did not sign nor took the required training for the use: SF-87.

33,000 is far more uncovered than your 3.

Clintons have never been transparent, only sneaky....and feeling they are above the LAW.

red states rule
10-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Pure Bullshit, BP.

The E-mails went from her official encrypted and secure E-mail account while SOC.
They went to her private server. There she sent them out, which is a violation of Federal Law.

She redistributed them from her private server. She had no legal right to declassify any of
them according to Federal Law and Statue.

She had 11 different mobile devices available - NONE cleared by OPSEC or the Security Agreement
She did not sign nor took the required training for the use: SF-87.

33,000 is far more uncovered than your 3.

Clintons have never been transparent, only sneaky....and feeling they are above the LAW.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::salute: