PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't This Be Weird?

Kathianne
10-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Very unlikely, but perhaps a tad more than yesterday morning:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/21/mcmullin-surging-in-utah-indy-candidates-plan-for-electoral-college-chaos.html

...Amid the raucous final phase of the presidential battle between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, independent candidate Evan McMullin has quietly crept into contention in the overlooked state of Utah – a development he hopes could lead to an Electoral College deadlock.The former CIA operative is little-known elsewhere in the country and is only on the ballot in 11 states. But an apparent voter backlash in Mormon-heavy Utah against the two major-party candidates has fueled a surge for McMullin – a Mormon and Utah native – in state polls. A new Emerson College poll released Wednesday even had McMullin in first place, 4 points ahead of Trump, 31-27 percent, with Clinton at 24 percent.
“He captured the perfect storm in terms of timing,” said Jason Perry, director of the Hinckley Institute of Politics at the University of Utah, citing the “disgust” state voters have toward the two major-party candidates.
One may ask of McMullin’s efforts – to what end?

revelarts
10-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Evan McMullin is former CIA, Golden Sach and gov't insider.
And a pretty obvious sock puppet for the establishment neo-cons IMO. I'm not sure I could convince many of my POV of McMullin but that's my immediate impression of him.

From my perspective his CV makes big ALARM BELLS go off.
I can't say where he fits in with the CIA or Golden Sach history but i'm not sure why i should blithely assume the best. After Sachs he became a policy person for the republican congress. OK so we've got a policy guy with connections to Goldman Sach and the CIA. Not where i want my republican policy coming from at this point.
the people who "drafted" him are lead by a neo-con that i disagree with and do not trust.
"...The people who drafted McMullin to be the “Never Trump” independent candidate are some of the Republican establishment’s most well known operatives: Bill Kristol, John Kingston, Joel Searby, Rick Wilson..."

the large supporters seem to be establishment republicans or their backers. Like former Romney supporters operatives.

Can i prove he's just a sock puppet and a spoiler for Trump to the level of satisfaction that many here require of proof? nope. But it seems a good bet to me that he is in fact a ringer, a spoiler, a sock-puppet. Seems he's focused his campaign in Uath and might manage to take that solid RED state from Trump. hmm Interesting? Is that something the establishment never-trump people might do? Plug someone in at the last minute just to get one or 2 RED states out of the Trump column? Seems like part a of an establishment plan to me. toss money at an unknown spoiler while none of the major players names are tarnished with a "3rd party" run.

But hey I could be completely wrong... but I doubt it.

Kathianne
10-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Evan McMullin is former CIA, Golden Sach and gov't insider.
And a pretty obvious sock puppet for the establishment neo-cons IMO. I'm not sure I could convince many of my POV of McMullin but that's my immediate impression of him.

From my perspective that makes big ALARM BELLS go off.
I can't say where he fits in with the CIA or Golden Sach history but i'm not sure why i should blithely assume the best. After Sachs he became a policy person for the republican congress. OK so we've got a policy guy with connections to Goldman Sach and the CIA. Not where i want my republican policy coming from at this point.
the people who "drafted" him are lead by a neo-con that i disagree with and do not trust.
"...The people who drafted McMullin to be the “Never Trump” independent candidate are some of the Republican establishment’s most well known operatives: Bill Kristol, John Kingston, Joel Searby, Rick Wilson..."

the large supporters seem to be establishment republicans or their backers. Like former Romney supporters operatives.

Can i prove he's just a sock puppet and a spoiler for Trump to the level of satisfaction of that many here require of proof . But it seems a good bet to me that he is in fact a ringer, a spoiler a sock-puppet. Seems he's focused his campaign in Uath and might manage to take that solid RED state from Trump. hmm Interesting? Is that something the establishment never-trump people might do? Plug someone in at the last minute just to get one or 2 RED states out of the Trump column? Seems like part a of an establishment plan to me. toss money at an unknown spoiler none of the major players names are tarnished with a "3rd party" run.

But hey I could be completely wrong... but I doubt it.

So it would be really weird. :laugh2:

hjmick
10-29-2016, 10:45 AM
...the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice.

The 12th Amendment has been on my mind lately...

Kathianne
10-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Not just your mind. ;) This election is actually an example of why the Electoral College is so important.

http://wtop.com/dc/2016/10/ap-explains-the-elections-just-beginning-on-election-day/

AP Explains: The election’s just beginning on Election Dayhttp://wtop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/AP_RGB-259x300-112x112.png
By The Associated Press (http://wtop.com/author/the-associated-press/)October 29, 2016 8:28 am