PDA

View Full Version : House Members To Block Arms Sales To Saudis

Psychoblues
07-29-2007, 03:35 AM
And with very good cause, IMHO.

By Robin WrightWashington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, July 29, 2007; Page A06

The Bush administration's plan to sell $20 billion in advanced weaponry to Saudi Arabia and five other Persian Gulf countries is running into congressional opposition and criticism from human rights and arms control groups.

Members of Congress vowed yesterday to oppose any deal to Saudi Arabia on grounds that the kingdom has been unhelpful in Iraq and unreliable at fighting terrorism. King Abdullah has called the U.S. military presence in Iraq an "illegitimate occupation," and the Saudis have been either unable or unwilling to stop suicide bombers who have ended up in Iraq, congressional sources say.

Much More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/28/AR2007072801172.html

Is anyone paying attention?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !

actsnoblemartin
08-01-2007, 09:30 AM
How retarded can the bush admin be?. At this point, very.

Dilloduck
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Right---and if we are really smart we will let other countries sell arms to every country in the region. Wise up, fellas !

Psychoblues
08-02-2007, 04:59 AM
The Saudi's, more than any other political empire in the middle east, would like nothing more than the elimination of American interference in their own internal political affairs including their religious responsibilities to destroy any semblance of the heresy as they perceive the Americans to promote.

15 of the 19 jet mutineers on 9-11 were Saudi's. Are you fuckin' nuts?

Black Lance
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Jet mutineers??? Is that a new liberal euphamism for terrorists?

Dilloduck
08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
The Saudi's, more than any other political empire in the middle east, would like nothing more than the elimination of American interference in their own internal political affairs including their religious responsibilities to destroy any semblance of the heresy as they perceive the Americans to promote.

Which Saudi's are you talking about. Got a link or something showing how much the Saudi "political empire" hates America ?

theHawk
08-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Which Saudi's are you talking about. Got a link or something showing how much the Saudi "political empire" hates America ?

I would of thought the "political empire" loves america, we make them rich by buying all of their oil.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Q: 15 of the 19 jet mutineers on 9-11 were Saudi's. Are you fuckin' nuts?
A: Apprantely so

The saudi's asked us for help against saddam, I dont think we are interfering, but why should we just sit back my friend and say, well, if you want to mistreat gays, women, and non-muslims, under the guise of religion, we'll just turn the other cheek or bury our heads in the sand.

The world not just america, needs to being any pressure it can on any countries that abuse their citizens , their power, etc., and their enablers too like russia, and countries and businesses that do business with them.

Forgive me, but where am i wrong here?

hit me up with some groovy facts and logic :dance:

glockmail
08-03-2007, 03:27 AM
One one hand if we sell them the jets they will be able to defend themselves against more violent factions of Islam in the ME.
On the other hand they practice Wahhabiism which is one of the more violent sects.
On the other hand they have a history of supporting the US in the ME and moderating some issues.
On the other hand most of the 9-11 highjackers were Saudis.

I ran out of hands on this one.

Psychoblues
08-09-2007, 01:50 AM
There is so much historical revisionism here that I don't even know where to start. I'll start with this little tidbit. The Saudi's never "invited" the US troops there in 1990. Tremendous US pressure, promises of political protection and cover and dollars achieved that goal.