PDA

View Full Version : Economy Set To Tank

OCA
11-09-2016, 07:21 AM
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/too-nice-economist-says-donald-trump-would-kill-35-million-jobs-2016-07-19

CSM
11-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Interesting. Are these the same pundits and talking heads that predicted a Clinton win or are they the ones who proclaimed how great the economy is under Obama; maybe they are the ones who sang the praises of Obamcare.... just wondering

OCA
11-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Marketwatch=apolitical. Just geeky number crunching economists.

CSM
11-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Except the link you provided id an OPINION piece.... and let's face it, all the number crunching, computer modeling geekoids got it wrong....

Gunny
11-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Let the leftwing fearmongering begin.

OCA
11-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Except the link you provided id an OPINION piece.... and let's face it, all the number crunching, computer modeling geekoids got it wrong....

ALL economy predicts for Trump presidency are opinion piecrs at this point but i trust they got a good idea based on his trickle down theories which have failed time and time again and the likelihood of paralysis in D.C. for 4 yrs.

Kathianne
11-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Last night, it was down nearly 800 pts for a nanosecond, now it's down less than 300. They'll keep going up and down. Now we'll see if he 'acts Presidential.'

His acceptance speech was.

Kathianne
11-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Dow is up 17.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2016, 10:05 AM
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/too-nice-economist-says-donald-trump-would-kill-35-million-jobs-2016-07-19

The hildabeast lost but the leftist/lib/dem propaganda machine keeps right on cranking out crap Soviet style (35 million more jobs lost) as predicted in the title-- were added we would have a workforce of less than what we had many decades go..
Doom and gloom predictions had credence if the hillary had won but now its just more propaganda from the usual morons and sold out bastards.

I hope you were not one of the Clinton stooges that promised to leave USA IF TRUMP WON....
As it is interesting to me to see each day what new propaganda and erroneous predictions you will toss out here. -Tyr

CSM
11-09-2016, 10:11 AM
It seems to me that many "economists" were betting on a Dem/HRC win. When that didn't happen, they reacted much as OCA has indicated and moved their money to safer places until they can figure out a plan of action to deal with the unknown. Maybe they all shut down their 401ks...

revelarts
11-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Seems to me that when Obama was elected there was a fair amount (HUGE AMOUNT) of fear mongering by the right.
the country would fold up and fall into the sea and the like if i remember correctly.

And Obama is politically a FAR more conventional politician. Only deviated from Bush in a few major areas.

Trump is much more of a wildcard I'd guess that the market will roller coster over the next 4 years. but the economy will ... well i'd guess it'd be more steady ... hopefully up. but it may go down.
who knows?
everyones guessing at this point.

OCA
11-09-2016, 11:01 AM
The hildabeast lost but the leftist/lib/dem propaganda machine keeps right on cranking out crap Soviet style (35 million more jobs lost) as predicted in the title-- were added we would have a workforce of less than what we had many decades go..
Doom and gloom predictions had credence if the hillary had won but now its just more propaganda from the usual morons and sold out bastards.

I hope you were not one of the Clinton stooges that promised to leave USA IF TRUMP WON....
As it is interesting to me to see each day what new propaganda and erroneous predictions you will toss out here. -Tyr

Hey moron you know how to read? 3.5 mil.....jesus is this how its gonna be dealing with illiterate Drumpfers?

fj1200
11-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Well that all depends but Zandi is nowhere close to "fair minded."

Gunny
11-09-2016, 12:38 PM
ALL economy predicts for Trump presidency are opinion piecrs at this point but i trust they got a good idea based on his trickle down theories which have failed time and time again and the likelihood of paralysis in D.C. for 4 yrs.

Just like the predictors of the election's outcome?

Black Diamond
11-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Hey moron you know how to read? 3.5 mil.....jesus is this how its gonna be dealing with illiterate Drumpfers?

If you think the market is going to tank, you should buy futures and put options accordingly.

DLT
11-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Last night, it was down nearly 800 pts for a nanosecond, now it's down less than 300. They'll keep going up and down. Now we'll see if he 'acts Presidential.'

His acceptance speech was.

That was the most subdued, professional, adult and presidential speech I've ever seen Trump make. It was rare and refreshing! I just kept thinking....

Trump doesn't sound like himself...lolol.

red states rule
11-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Economy tanking eh?

The Dow is up 280 points

Reminds me of the loony left's dire forecasts of global warming - and none ever come to pass

red states rule
11-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Just like the predictors of the election's outcome?

Gunny get with the program

The Clinton's do not lose elections

Remember?

CSM
11-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Might be a record high for the stock market today. If I were any of you, I would not rely on "some" people's predictions of late....

Which reminds me...I wonder if OCA got his 401k out of harms way before today's "disaster"

NightTrain
11-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Might be a record high for the stock market today. If I were any of you, I would not rely on "some" people's predictions of late....

Which reminds me...I wonder if OCA got his 401k out of harms way before today's "disaster"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Oh, that would be so damn awesome!

Remember, you proggies : Sell low and buy high!

red states rule
11-09-2016, 03:34 PM

I doubt it. His 401K is probably several packs of baseball cards

He also posted how he was oiling his guns. Which is a lie since all he shoots off is his mouth

CSM
11-09-2016, 03:43 PM
I doubt it. His 401K is probably several packs of baseball cards

He also posted how he was oiling his guns. Which is a lie since all he shoots off is his mouth

Apparently "oiling his guns" doesn't mean what you think it means.... just sayin

Kathianne
11-09-2016, 04:24 PM

Dow closed in record high territory. OCA and 'his Clintons never lose,' and now we know from whom not to take financial advice. :laugh2:

My guy didn't win, but must say I'm enjoying the gnashing of teeth.

Bilgerat
11-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Marketwatch=apolitical. Just geeky number crunching economists.

Sort of like Real-Clear-Politics?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/L5JUpMKHlxyUW85_xEiRAoxHnLkVWjOF-L0I7TfB0gst7YNS-XDkjBfq9ABnK0WExSgDvMnP0xCBr0XmQLpzlpqgdpmaSlFLuYJ B3QEaaHsRYfkQeg2r4x0E87kfDeXl8JFWmgQ2

OCA
11-09-2016, 06:28 PM

I sent a thank you letter to Barack.

CSM
11-09-2016, 07:02 PM
I sent a thank you letter to Barack.

Well let's hope he left a forwarding address....

OCA
11-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Well let's hope he left a forwarding address....

Funny you guys think you are kicking him out, he can only serve 2 terms or else he'd be preparing for term #3.

CSM
11-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Funny you guys think you are kicking him out, he can only serve 2 terms or else he'd be preparing for term #3.

LOL...your track record on predicting the future so far this week has been something less than accurate.... but hey, I get it. You need to sooth your savage soul....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2016, 07:29 PM

So the dog found a bone... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I guess after your favorite witch got her ass stomped and her damn broom burned, that is the best that you can hope for.
Moron eh?
I wasnt the jackasses predicting that a piece of shit like the hillary would win in a landslide victory-that would be you , idjit..
Now go suck on a tailpipe if you can catch a racing car.. and pull your damn pink panties up while you are at it.. -Tyr

OCA
11-09-2016, 09:34 PM
So the dog found a bone... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I guess after your favorite witch got her ass stomped and her damn broom burned, that is the best that you can hope for.
Moron eh?
I wasnt the jackasses predicting that a piece of shit like the hillary would win in a landslide victory-that would be you , idjit..
Now go suck on a tailpipe if you can catch a racing car.. and pull your damn pink panties up while you are at it.. -Tyr

Did i say landslide......moron? Btwshe did win the popular vote so no mandate for the orange pedophile oh geriatric one.

As for the rest of the drivel an elitist like me can't be bothered

aboutime
11-09-2016, 09:40 PM

OCA. As much as you hate it. WE did kick him out by getting rid of his 3rd Term in Hillary. We enjoy you coming here every day, to make a total ass of yourself, and even brag about it to YOURSELF.
http://icansayit.com/images/OCAperson.jpg
MENTALLY CHALLENGED TUBBER YOU ARE!

OCA
11-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Anybody who has credibility care to reply?

SassyLady
11-09-2016, 11:11 PM
So OCA .... remember me? Remember how I schooled you on white migrant workers? I think that gives me credibility.

My reply to your OP is that anyone who has money invested knows there will always be volatility around election time no matter who wins or loses and only ninnies panic on the election stock market rollercoaster.

Kathianne
11-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Oh dear!

JUST IN: Dow closes at new all-time high... up 218 points to close at 18,807.

Black Diamond
11-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Oh dear!

F-ing Trump.

Abbey Marie
11-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Hillary must be ready to croak. :laugh2:

red states rule
11-10-2016, 05:14 PM
So OCA .... remember me? Remember how I schooled you on white migrant workers? I think that gives me credibility.

My reply to your OP is that anyone who has money invested knows there will always be volatility around election time no matter who wins or loses and only ninnies panic on the election stock market rollercoaster.

Glad to you girl!!

Yes, OCA is the three time loser

Lousy economic forcaster

Terrible football game predictor

and of course is winless when it comes to picking the winner of elections
#Clintonsneverlose

Black Diamond
11-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Glad to you girl!!

Yes, OCA is the three time loser

Lousy economic forcaster

Terrible football game predictor

and of course is winless when it comes to picking the winner of elections
#Clintonsneverlose
Why would he say clintons never lose when she lost to Obama?

red states rule
11-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Why would he say clintons never lose when she lost to Obama?

in 2008 OCA posted the Clinton's do not lose elections over and over again

Then went nuts when she did and folks here reminded him of his statement

sundaydriver
11-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Oh dear!

Break it down Kath. I've made more $$ moving 40 points than I will on this today!

Advancing

Declining

Unchanged

<canvas width="130" height="113"></canvas>

aboutime
11-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Anybody who has credibility care to reply?

In other words OCA. You are announcing to all of us. YOU will not be responding here anymore. The word credibility for You is almost as accurate as your Hillary Vote now.

red states rule
11-11-2016, 03:37 AM
In other words OCA. You are announcing to all of us. YOU will not be responding here anymore. The word credibility for You is almost as accurate as your Hillary Vote now.

Well we know where Mike gets his financial advice. From another loser whose pride and ego were torpedoed on election night Paul Krugman

t really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never.Under any circumstances, putting an irresponsible, ignorant man who takes his advice from all the wrong people in charge of the nation with the world’s most important economy would be very bad news. What makes it especially bad right now, however, is the fundamentally fragile state much of the world is still in, eight years after the great financial crisis.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout