PDA

View Full Version : Conceding

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 08:00 AM
So Hillary made the phone call - but couldn't even address her very supporters that came out for her?

OCA
11-09-2016, 08:04 AM
So Hillary made the phone call - but couldn't even address her very supporters that came out for her?

We all deal with loss in our own way. There isn't a script for that shit.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 08:04 AM

True colors. They are no longer of any use to her therefore discarded. same would have happened had she won.

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 08:07 AM
We all deal with loss in our own way. There isn't a script for that shit.

Ok, I can agree with that, its something NO ONE can prepare for. BUT...

Considering I'm no historian, what presidential candidates prior to this have completely avoided their own people? I find it tacky, but maybe it's normal, I dunno.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 08:11 AM

Considering I'm no historian, what presidential candidates prior to this have completely avoided their own people? I find it tacky, but maybe it's normal, I dunno.

It's called she's probably STILL staring at the mirror with her jaw on the floor. :laugh:

OCA
11-09-2016, 08:13 AM

I dunno what the norm protocol is.

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 08:22 AM

I think the norm is for the opponents to touch base after things are over. And for the candidates to address their supporters, and the nation.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 08:24 AM

Press conference. You concede and thank your supporters. Not sure what the big deal is but has been a tradition.

NightTrain
11-09-2016, 08:44 AM
The liberals were only useful sheep and she has never cared for anyone outside of her immediate family.

It didn't surprise me at all that she couldn't be bothered to speak to the unwashed masses. She's quite privileged, you know.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 08:51 AM
The liberals were only useful sheep and she has never cared for anyone outside of her immediate family.

It didn't surprise me at all that she couldn't be bothered to speak to the unwashed masses. She's quite privileged, you know.

And lost AGAIN! :laugh:

Bilgerat
11-09-2016, 05:27 PM

They couldn't find enough children to help her blood thirst

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9458&stc=1

Elessar
11-09-2016, 07:13 PM
It's called she's probably STILL staring at the mirror with her jaw on the floor. :laugh:

She is allowed near a mirror??:lmao:

CSM
11-09-2016, 07:15 PM
She is allowed near a mirror??:lmao:

I doubt there is reflection when she stands in front of one....

Elessar
11-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Press conference. You concede and thank your supporters. Not sure what the big deal is but has been a tradition.

She eventually did, but not until a case of tissues was used up, and a quart of
smelling salts to awaken those that fainted.

Kathianne
11-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I was at work, but heard that she gave a decent concession speech. Anyone that saw it? OTOH, heard Obama's was a bit self centered.

Elessar
11-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I was at work, but heard that she gave a decent concession speech. Anyone that saw it? OTOH, heard Obama's was a bit self centered.

A bit is just being polite! 75% of it was all about him from what I watched.

Kathianne
11-09-2016, 08:22 PM
A bit is just being polite! 75% of it was all about him from what I watched.

As I said, I missed that. Was hoping to catch some after work, unfortunately I just got back from Dr after 3 hours. I like where I live, but the wait for some services are worse than the DMV at home in Chicago area.

I'm going to scrounge around for the texts later, right now trying to chill.

Abbey Marie
11-09-2016, 08:32 PM

I watched it live. She said the right things, to her credit.

aboutime
11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
In case anyone really cares. I heard, or read somewhere yesterday, as to why Comey, and Lynch didn't bring any charges against Hillary before the election.

Just a thought, but...At the direction of Obama. Lynch, and Comey didn't ask for a Grand Jury, or get an Indictment against Hillary because...If they had. Obama, or Hillary could have pardoned her. No Indictment...NOTHING TO PARDON HER FOR???

Gunny
11-09-2016, 08:33 PM

He turned it into being about him.

OCA
11-09-2016, 09:43 PM
In case anyone really cares. I heard, or read somewhere yesterday, as to why Comey, and Lynch didn't bring any charges against Hillary before the election.

Just a thought, but...At the direction of Obama. Lynch, and Comey didn't ask for a Grand Jury, or get an Indictment against Hillary because...If they had. Obama, or Hillary could have pardoned her. No Indictment...NOTHING TO PARDON HER FOR???

Wrong.......the president can pardon for crimes which may have been committed. Google Ford pardon of Nixon.

And it will happen i assume.

aboutime
11-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Wrong.......the president can pardon for crimes which may have been committed. Google Ford pardon of Nixon.

Your comprehension is suffering Dufus. I said "Just a thought!" Making stuff up to impress yourself is as Lame as Hillary asking you for help with a BJ.

SassyLady
11-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Gore started to give concession speech but backed out. Kerry ran out on his as well if I remember correctly. Seems to be a democratic proclivity.

fj1200
11-10-2016, 10:05 AM

On the one hand political gold for Republicans and on the other hand trump set the stage for it by promising to put a political opponent in jail.

Gore started to give concession speech but backed out. Kerry ran out on his as well if I remember correctly. Seems to be a democratic proclivity.

Understandable given the circumstances.

jimnyc
11-10-2016, 11:14 AM
On the one hand political gold for Republicans and on the other hand trump set the stage for it by promising to put a political opponent in jail.

I'll fix that for you

On the one hand political gold for Republicans and on the other hand trump set the stage for it by promising to put a political opponent criminal in jail.

fj1200
11-10-2016, 11:16 AM
I'll fix that for you

On the one hand political gold for Republicans and on the other hand trump set the stage for it by promising to put a political opponent criminal in jail.

Why fix what was not wrong? :confused:

jimnyc
11-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Why fix what was not wrong? :confused:

Because I believe he was speaking of a criminal - not looking to put an opponent in jail. Once he would be in office, she WOULDN'T be an opponent, so saying he would place a criminal in jail IS more accurate.

fj1200
11-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Because I believe he was speaking of a criminal - not looking to put an opponent in jail. Once he would be in office, she WOULDN'T be an opponent, so saying he would place a criminal in jail IS more accurate.

One is fact, one is conjecture.

jimnyc
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM
One is fact, one is conjecture.

Outside of political shenanigans that lead to no charges...

Are you saying that her actions with her email server, and confidential emails, didn't lead to violations of the law? Many that LIVE with those things disagree with you.

Either way, don't care, she's done for good and her supporters can deal with it. Trump is in and those that never liked him can deal with it. Those are some facts too.

NightTrain
11-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Either way, don't care, she's done for good and her supporters can deal with it. Trump is in and those that never liked him can deal with it. Those are some facts too.

Them's some mighty fine apples.

fj1200
11-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Outside of political shenanigans that lead to no charges...

Are you saying that her actions with her email server, and confidential emails, didn't lead to violations of the law? Many that LIVE with those things disagree with you.

I'm only saying one is fact and one is conjecture.

jimnyc
11-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Them's some mighty fine apples.

Apples that are permanent, and taste SO damn good. It's GOT to be better than crow too!! :lol:

jimnyc
11-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm only saying one is fact and one is conjecture.

And the sky is blue in some places and the price of tea in china is low.

fj1200
11-10-2016, 11:29 AM
And the sky is blue in some places and the price of tea in china is low.

So stipulated.

CSM
11-10-2016, 11:32 AM
The fact does remain (despite all the great philosophical discussion) that Mr. Trump is the president elect of this nation. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out over the next 4 years.