PDA

View Full Version : My friends on the right

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Some of us disagreed on the primary candidate. Some disagreed altogether on a candidate. Some disagreed on voting at all, voting 3rd... No need to rehash everything, but this election was different, and a lot of friends and folks on the same sides got into it. That happened on the left too.

Some of us on the right didn't see eye to eye though. Sometimes discussions got heated, and it appeared friends were tested. But up the very day, here we all were discussing things. Then the improbably happened.

Anyway, the election aside, things are over now. I want to be the first to apologize to my friends for anything that may have tested us in the past year. It's over, and I hope we can all forget the past now, and look at things together going forward. We'll all have plenty of things to fight about, both left and right. But I'm sure as hell glad this is all behind us.

Kathianne, hjmick, Crin63, DLT, fj1200, Gunny, Noir, Revelarts, <---- all folks that I got into it a tad, whether early in the campaign, or towards the end, or all the way through. And some of my best friends on here over the years. Again, my apologies to any of you that I may have went too far with. I know we all disagree on Trump, and I hope and pray we do well and can discuss that going forward. But one initial thing we have in common - we avoided a Clinton disaster. (well, maybe minus Noir) :)

Ok, rambling again, just trying to make peace. :)

Gunny
11-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Some of us disagreed on the primary candidate. Some disagreed altogether on a candidate. Some disagreed on voting at all, voting 3rd... No need to rehash everything, but this election was different, and a lot of friends and folks on the same sides got into it. That happened on the left too.

Some of us on the right didn't see eye to eye though. Sometimes discussions got heated, and it appeared friends were tested. But up the very day, here we all were discussing things. Then the improbably happened.

Anyway, the election aside, things are over now. I want to be the first to apologize to my friends for anything that may have tested us in the past year. It's over, and I hope we can all forget the past now, and look at things together going forward. We'll all have plenty of things to fight about, both left and right. But I'm sure as hell glad this is all behind us.

Kathianne, hjmick, Crin63, DLT, fj1200, Gunny, Noir, Revelarts, <---- all folks that I got into it a tad, whether early in the campaign, or towards the end, or all the way through. And some of my best friends on here over the years. Again, my apologies to any of you that I may have went too far with. I know we all disagree on Trump, and I hope and pray we do well and can discuss that going forward. But one initial thing we have in common - we avoided a Clinton disaster. (well, maybe minus Noir) :)

Oh just stop kissing ass. I expected you to act like a 'tard. It's when you start acting all peacemaker n shit I start wondering about you. :poke:

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Oh just stop kissing ass. I expected you to act like a 'tard. It's when you start acting all peacemaker n shit I start wondering about you. :poke:

There's enough room today for both gloating, and for reconciliation. Not all deserve the latter, but all of my friends here certainly do, especially from me and my words. :)

Gunny
11-09-2016, 10:25 AM
There's enough room today for both gloating, and for reconciliation. Not all deserve the latter, but all of my friends here certainly do, especially from me and my words. :)

You're STILL being a wuss.:slap:

And I'd hold up the hosses on that gloating beyond beating Hillary. Your boy's got a lot to prove and a long way to go.

CSM
11-09-2016, 10:34 AM
You're STILL being a wuss.:slap:

And I'd hold up the hosses on that gloating beyond beating Hillary. Your boy's got a lot to prove and a long way to go.

Yep. Of course, Trump can always blame any failures on the mess the Dems and Obama left for him ... heck, maybe even throw a little blame on Bush while he is at it.... having said that, I don't think the American people buy into that stuff anymore (if the recent election is any indication).

Gunny
11-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Yep. Of course, Trump can always blame any failures on the mess the Dems and Obama left for him ... heck, maybe even throw a little blame on Bush while he is at it.... having said that, I don't think the American people buy into that stuff anymore (if the recent election is any indication).

He can also blame quite a few Republicans.

CSM
11-09-2016, 10:41 AM

Heck yeah! One interesting aspect to Trump is that he has very few that he is beholden to .... I have no doubt that there a few "friends" who will end up with some appointment or other but I really am quite curious as to whom he surrounds himself with as his administration comes together between now and when he takes office.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Heck yeah! One interesting aspect to Trump is that he has very few that he is beholden to .... I have no doubt that there a few "friends" who will end up with some appointment or other but I really am quite curious as to whom he surrounds himself with as his administration comes together between now and when he takes office.

Was thinking the same thing. At the same time, he needs to play smart ball. Look what the Dems did to Carter. Don't need a repeat of that.

fj1200
11-09-2016, 11:25 AM

I was certainly surprised he won though not shocked. At the very least I'm happy with who didn't win so now it's just a matter of what will actually happen mid/late January.

Elessar
11-09-2016, 11:34 AM

I saw a piece a couple of days ago that stated he had already assembled a powerful cabinet base.
Now I cannot find it!

DLT
11-09-2016, 01:40 PM

It's time to put all that aside and unite for the good of the nation (and for our own good...lol).

All past disagreements are just that....in the past....where they belong....as far as I'm concerned.

DLT
11-09-2016, 01:44 PM

Starting with Bitch McConnell.

fj1200
11-09-2016, 02:12 PM
It's time to put all that aside and unite for the good of the nation (and for our own good...lol).

All past disagreements are just that....in the past....where they belong....as far as I'm concerned.

Starting with Bitch McConnell.

:shakeshead:

Elessar
11-09-2016, 02:16 PM
I saw a piece a couple of days ago that stated he had already assembled a powerful cabinet base.
Now I cannot find it!

Eh! I found it. It is kind of long, so here is a link:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/who-is-in-president-trump-cabinet-231071

DLT
11-09-2016, 02:18 PM
:shakeshead:

Oh....so.....you don't get it? (not surprised) Or you don't agree? Either way....here's the deal.

My comment about past disagreements are in the past concerned disagreements among fellow righties here on this forum. You with me?

Blaming POS RINOs like Bitch McConnell for past betrayals and probably future ones is different. Got that? If not, let me know and I'll attempt to explain further. Anything to help in the interest of clarity. :cool:

All past disagreements are just that....in the past....where they belong....as far as I'm concerned

fj1200
11-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Oh....so.....you don't get it? (not surprised) Or you don't agree? Either way....here's the deal.

My comment about past disagreements are in the past concerned disagreements among fellow righties here on this forum. You with me?

Blaming POS RINOs like Bitch McConnell for past betrayals and probably future ones is different. Got that? If not, let me know and I'll attempt to explain further. Anything to help in the interest of clarity. :cool:

Uh huh. Get ready for that bus driving by.

hjmick
11-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Huh...

Not once did I consider any of our interactions during this election cycle heated or "getting in to it".

Guess I should pay closer attention...

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Huh...

Not once did I consider any of our interactions during this election cycle heated or "getting in to it".

Guess I should pay closer attention...

We didn't, buddy. :) But I know you felt differently than I - and I want to make sure my own rhetoric and passion on this issue didn't push any of you guys away. :)

hjmick
11-09-2016, 04:06 PM
We didn't, buddy. :) But I know you felt differently than I and I want to make sure my own rhetoric and passion on this issue didn't push any of you guys away.

Shit. Politics isn't something worth ruining a friendship over. Life's too short and there are too many real assholes in the world. It's not like you insulted the vast majority of members on the board...