PDA

View Full Version : Here's hoping a 21st Century Nixon Hasn't Been Elected

tailfins
11-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Now that we will have the equivalent of a ten year old driving the vehicle that is our nation, we can only hope he stays on the golf course and lets the adults run the country. I will be pleasantly surprised if there isn't a Donald Trump version of Monica Lewinsky. I also see Trump having a Nixon-style enemies list. Of course Trump's cuck-servative base would cheer such a thing as an enemies list, which means that they have no interest in a free society. Hopefully, the same person who convinced Trump to stop using his Twitter account can convince Trump not to wreck the GOP and wreck the country.

Gunny
11-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Now that we will have the equivalent of a ten year old driving the vehicle that is our nation, we can only hope he stays on the golf course and lets the adults run the country. I will be pleasantly surprised if there isn't a Donald Trump version of Monica Lewinsky. I also see Trump having a Nixon-style enemies list. Of course Trump's cuck-servative base would cheer such a thing as an enemies list, which means that they have no interest in a free society. Hopefully, the same person who convinced Trump to stop using his Twitter account can convince Trump not to wreck the GOP and wreck the country.

Obama already holds the distinction of being the 21st Century Nixon. Both thought they were kings and above the law.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2016, 10:57 AM
So the muzzy loving jackass came back to gloat over a Hillary win but could only attack the new REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT , WHILE HE(the cowardly fool) IGNORED THE FFING WITCH THAT GOT BEATEN LIKE THE PIECE OF SHIT THAT SHE IS. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CLOSEST THAT YOU' LL EVER GET TO EITHER INTEGRITY OR HONOR IS LOOKING UP THE DEFINITIONS IN THE DICTIONARY.. --TYR

jimnyc
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM

It sure was nice using you as an "experiment" and watching you completely implode. :lol:

fj1200
11-09-2016, 11:33 AM
A 21st century Nixon we can deal with, a 21st century Hoover not so much.

tailfins
11-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Trump didn't make Clinton acceptable any more than Nixon made McGovern acceptable. It's 1972 all over again. FWIW, the race that mattered, the Senate went the way I hoped. At least we won't have Trump making Yuuuuuge deals with Schmucky Schumer.

Elessar
11-09-2016, 11:58 AM
The important part of this is that the sanctity of the Supreme Court will likely be maintained.

THAT is what was at stake for many people,

Gunny
11-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Trump didn't make Clinton acceptable any more than Nixon made McGovern acceptable. It's 1972 all over again. FWIW, the race that mattered, the Senate went the way I hoped. At least we won't have Trump making Yuuuuuge deals with Schmucky Schumer.

Not even close to 1972 again. But your prayer for gridlock is nice. Do you realize all you do is complain?

hjmick
11-09-2016, 04:02 PM

What? Suddenly "interacting with the vast majority" of us on this message board is no longer "beneath" you?

I used to have a modicum of respect for you, but then you go and insult most of the members here because you're not happy with the way you think the election might go? I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have no interest whatsoever in your opinion. It is less than meaningless. Interacting with you beyond this post is beneath me.

Piss off.

Kathianne
11-09-2016, 04:26 PM
A 21st century Nixon we can deal with, a 21st century Hoover not so much.

I'm going to give him the same time I did with Obama-6 months. I'll criticize things I don't agree with, but will not go into 'anti' mode until he has a chance.

aboutime
11-09-2016, 04:38 PM

Poor tailfins. Everything so negative, and every cup, glass, and bottle are always HALF-EMPTY. Much like the space between the ears that protects the Vacuum.

Black Diamond
11-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Sore losers are...

Funny.

aboutime
11-09-2016, 05:36 PM

Gee tailfins. You remind me of my wife, many years ago; before she had her hysterectomy, and tubes tied. You are a dependable MONTHLY whiner, just like we all know Hillary is. Difference is....every day for you begins, and ends with a PERIOD.

tailfins
11-09-2016, 05:38 PM
What? Suddenly "interacting with the vast majority" of us on this message board is no longer "beneath" you?

I used to have a modicum of respect for you, but then you go and insult most of the members here because you're not happy with the way you think the election might go? I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have no interest whatsoever in your opinion. It is less than meaningless. Interacting with you beyond this post is beneath me.

Piss off.

I decided to slum it for a day as a reminder why I DIDN'T vote for Trump.

aboutime
11-09-2016, 05:43 PM

tailfins...you should join all the other liars...http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/305117-celebs-who-said-theyd-leave-country-if-trump-won

revelarts
11-09-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm going to give him the same time I did with Obama-6 months. I'll criticize things I don't agree with, but will not go into 'anti' mode until he has a chance.

That's cool.
I'll give it a day. a solid victory lap.
Then I'll do as usual, support what i see that's constitutional, socially conservative, small gov't, non interventionist, good and just.
And rage and piss on against anything less.
But some people will still just think that I "HATE" this or that "person" or group. Or i'm a liberal, or "sore loser" or "conspiracy theorist" or "isolationist" or whatever name dejuer to deflect the reality of the issues I bring up.

Black Diamond
11-09-2016, 05:58 PM
That's cool.
I'll give it a day. a solid victory lap.
Then I'll do as usual, support what i see that's constitutional, socially conservative, small gov't, non interventionist, good and just.
And rage and piss on against anything less.
But some people will still just think that I "HATE" this or that "person" or group. Or i'm a liberal, or "sore loser" or "conspiracy theorist" or "isolationist" or whatever name dejuer to deflect the reality of the issues I bring up.

I think he will satisfy your requirements better than Hillary would have.

KarlMarx
11-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Can't say for certain if the things that tailfins says are going to happen will happen, but then what do we know would have happened in a Clinton presidency?

1. Obamacare would not have been repealed and replaced but allowed to spiral out of control eating up a greater and greater portion of this nation's GDP

2. Supreme Court justices would have been nominated that shared Clinton's world view, in other words, more abuse of power, more disregard of the Constitution.

3. Our foreign policy would have continued on its present course, emboldening our enemies and making the world a lot less safe

4. Scandals followed by more scandals, and probably an impeachment

5. Increased taxation for all of us, and on business, our jobs would continue their exodus to other shores

6. Sex acts in the oval office, in the Lincoln bedroom, with and without cigars and definitely when the President wasn't around

7. The continuing influx of immigrants from outside our borders who would then become fast tracked as citizens which would mean the end of the two party system in this country

8. Increasing crime and violence in this country as the influx of migrants from other countries brings with it the worst elements of the countries they came from

9. Based on what we've seen in the Wikileaks emails, corruption, collusion, cheating, plotting, scheming, and all sorts of jack booted Nazi Gestapo brownshirt crap against the enemies of Hillary Clinton

10. Less and less opportunity for our young people, more despair, more unemployment, and a willing press that serves as the propaganda arm of the DNC.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2016, 07:17 PM

No you didnt, what you did is come here to try to vent more of your , "Ï am a godlike infinite being far superior to you ignorant peons, etc."
Which is the best you can do after exposing yourself previously as being an arrogant, piece of shit dishonorable prick -and a muslim loving dipshit, that sold his soul for a job/money/career..
Hillary lost ,so now you can not gloat but only try to vent and remind us that we majority of losers failed to see your brilliance and we voted in another loser like Trump.
Surely the word arrogant in the dictionary should have picture of you attached ..Tyr

fj1200
11-10-2016, 09:45 AM

True, the things wrong with trump are still the things wrong with trump.

Kathianne
11-10-2016, 04:39 PM
True, the things wrong with trump are still the things wrong with trump.

Without a doubt.

The night of the election I noted that if he were to act all the time, the way he had in the last two weeks and spoke as he did in the acceptance speech, he might get a listen. I don't know that he is capable of it, but will wait and see.

Black Diamond
11-10-2016, 04:41 PM
The secret service should have explicit instructions to keep him off Twitter. :)